Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

Cool 4 Team Play!

Did you know that it's possible to play a Team-Deathmatch with 4 teams in Delta Force Black Hawk Down? Yes it is, like the classic delta forces..

1_Just go to the main BHD directory, and look for the file DFV.CFG :

2_Then Open it with notepad, and look for the line "mp_numteams 2" and just change the 2 to 4, and save the file

And done, you can now play TDM and other team-based gametypes in 4-Teams mode! To revert to 2-team mode just repeat the previous steps and change the 4 to 2..

Last edited by grenadier501; 12-04-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Well, we can confirm that the names for four teams are available in DFBHD, but I don't think any of the other coding necessary for true four team games is there. For instance, in the MED, any items that you put on Team Violet or Team Yellow simply don't appear in game. I use that trick all the time during mission testing. Hide everything on Team Green and Team Blue, then select all the items that can shoot at you and put them on Team Violet. They'll still be there when you reopen that mission in the MED later, but you'll be able to run around an enemy-free map.

So if for some NeverLogic reason you can get into a four-team game on Team Violet or Team Yellow and you try to take a PSP, will it disappear when it's finished switching from Team Green? I doubt it, but I do know that the PSPs do not have a violet or yellow skin, only green, blue and red. The glowing surface on glowing items have specifically named skins for red and blue, but not violet or yellow. I see crash danger ahead here.

I also suspect that Team Violet and Team Yellow have something to do with NeverLogic's "Anti-cheat" system, as in admins and moderators can join stat games on these teams to watch and judge. That's 100% pulled-out-of-my-[NAME OF RANDOM BODY ORIFICE] speculation, though.

Anyway, I'm sure that you can host a four-team game, but I doubt anyone will be able to join Team Violet or Team Yellow.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 AM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

Yes, I have tested this mode in a LAN game, the others can join violet and yellow team with no problem.
But when a violet or yellow team member takes a psp , the psp always turns green..
Also, when the game ends, it shows the blue and red score only, not yellow or violet.
These are the only issues I can find in this game mode

I have put some objects in team violet and team yellow in a map and they appear and you can destroy them with no problem
Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Hmm. Maybe Team Violet/Yellow items only show up in MP maps? They don't appear in SP maps, though.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Same in:
JO - game.cfg
dfx - game.cfg
dfx2 - game.cfg

Probably for LAN matches, because (don't know but) other players may have to edit the file as well to play?
Not popular so far because who fights a war on 4 fronts"
Always an alliance so 2 opposing forces is the norm in real war, then winners fight each other.

That's why I think DM is mad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi check1.jpg (17.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Guest001; 12-14-2012 at 09:19 PM.