Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 12-20-2003, 07:46 PM
ronthekiwi is offline ronthekiwi

BHD won't install

hi,everytime i try to install black hawk down,the install wizard goes to 99 percent,then just sit there,and won't install any further,this games worked ok when i first got it,since then i've had windows 2000 Professional installed,thats when i think this problem started,could someone help me please
Old 12-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
Novalogic Support
PROBLEM:
Install stalls at 99% when I try to install Delta Force – Black Hawk Down.

RESOLUTION:
If the Install Shield seems to stall at 99% during installation, chances are that there is another program running in the background of Windows that is utilizing resources that are required by the Install Shield. And the Install Shield is just waiting for its turn to run.

If you are using Windows XP or 2000 you can use this method to free the require resources for the installation process: First you will want to reboot your computer to refresh your RAM memory. Once Windows is back up and running press and hold the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys and tap the "Delete" key.

This will open up a window with options like shut down, log off, and task manager. If you click on task manager it will give you a window labeled "Windows Task Manager". There are a couple of tabs on this page on of which is labeled "Processes". If you click on that tab it will give you a list of 20 or more programs that are running in windows, along with information about how much of the computer\'s resources these programs are running. You\'ll want to take a look at the user associated with these programs. Some of them will be used by "system" and others will be used by user names like "User01" or "Jessica". You\'ll want to highlight and then "end task" on all of the user associated programs with the exception of "explorer". Once you\'ve done this, simply cancel out of the Windows Task Manager and try to install the game as you have in the past.

IF you are using Windows 98 or ME use this method:
Reboot the computer to refresh RAM. Once Windows is back up and running press and hold the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys and tap the "Delete" key. This will bring up the Close Program screen. End Task on everything EXCEPT Explorer and Systray.
Now try the installation again.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:17 AM
ronthekiwi is offline ronthekiwi

thaks for your answer,but

all the user associated programs have an exe after them,and when i try to end task i am warned not to as it could muck up my computer
Old 12-22-2003, 02:24 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
You can do a search on the items that has ". Exe" at the end look them up, by using the search option for files and folder you find it faster after right click-on them properties then click-on it.

In there it will tell you information about it, sample: (ref;task manager) my one item is Devldr32.exe dose it says what it is no or what program is using it nope, so i lookup in the properties found it is part of my sound card software, and it was listed under user name as (not) log-in name, not system or anything of it should be but it was not. Best do a search for the item before turning it off, all so some ant virus programs can block items from being instill, best bit scan for virus first after if your system clear none seen then disable it and try to instill, after enable it. Norton 2003 ant viruses programs scrip-blocking can but a stop on some program or even make some act-up when closing out on them, they are not the only one that dose this Spyware by webroot.com all so keep them Ram to it self even keep scanning in the back ground, I have to close it out when I play a DVD-Movies, playing a game and instill a program in.

here a great tip: check for error let the system check it out.
Start/run/ type in CHKDSK /F a box will come up asking if you like to have it scan next time restarting your system up type Y. if there is any error's it will automatic fix it. you see CHKDSK(LEAVE 1-SPACE IN HERE)/F
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-22-2003 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Warlike is offline Warlike

you can close programs you get a warning on as well, it will not permanently harm your PC, as any program turned off by task manager will restart when you reboot or click on the .exe program for it to open it