Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:32 PM
ZePPo*EBOW* is offline ZePPo*EBOW*

Send a message via ICQ to ZePPo*EBOW*
Cheat or Not?

This is a skin that you would overlay onto the current in game GPS.

How it works: The clock itself does not tell you where the person is; nor does it show where they were. It is a reference tool. So in theory you could say "He was at 9:00 instead of L-11 coordinates.

Since the maker is hellbent on making up our minds for us (at DF Arena) I thought I would post it here for ya'll to decide.

Got Sheep?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:34 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
I dont think its a cheat, if i recall right the Vietnam mod for DF2 ( was it DF2?) does the same

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-24-2003, 01:42 PM

You have to remember that the current GPS compass ain't worth a sh*t and not everyone will have this or access to it. Plus...it's not a server side mod so everyone will have to have it in order to use it....unlike a TerraNova Exp mod.

Got Sheep?
Old 09-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
some ppl say altering ANY file of the original game is cheating - i can totally see this view point.

i love modding and skinning but basically if there is no mod system built into the game then i will not alter any files of the game i use to play.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZePPo*EBOW*
Plus...it's not a server side mod so everyone will have to have it in order to use it.....
I thought mods like this only alter your own view on it. So not everybody has to have it?
Correct me if im wrong please

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
that is what he said... but he means that everyone needs it to be fair.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:30 PM

aahh okay thx i wasnt reading quite well i think. My bad Sorry

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 09-24-2003, 05:01 PM

Yeah...Stevie has it right. Sorry I should've made that clear in the original post

Got Sheep?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:17 PM
VlaD is offline VlaD

If this mod was made public, let's say on your seb site and someone elses, would you guys think that to be acceptable?
Old 09-24-2003, 11:26 PM

I think you would need more than that. Let's say VlaD has it and is using it in a stat server with 2 Mongoose players and one New11290589345 guy. Now those three fellas have no idea where to get it from whereas you and squad's would.

Granted this thing may be an improvement over the current compass (cuz frankly I can't use it cuz it sucks so bad) but my point is that it would give an unfair advantage over players that don't have it or don't have access to it. So using that line of thinking it would be cheating in my eyes. Not like a trainer, but just because it wasn't packaged in the game and provides me with an advantage over other players.

Got Sheep?
Old 09-25-2003, 04:23 AM
OZ is offline OZ

Ok so now we give it to dfa,dfdq, dfchicks,our site ik site tag site Evol ~V~ and anyone else who wants it.. Then it is every where for anyone to download and new234758256520 dont know anything yet so he will got told how to play the game and if you have the clock you just tell him or her where to get it AND I was not hellbound to make up anyones mind in dfa i was deffending a tool and my squad
Old 09-25-2003, 06:38 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: Cheat or Not?

Quote:

This is a skin that you would overlay onto the current in game GPS.

How it works: The clock itself does not tell you where the person is; nor does it show where they were. It is a reference tool. So in theory you could say "He was at 9:00 instead of L-11 coordinates.

Since the maker is hellbent on making up our minds for us (at DF Arena) I thought I would post it here for ya'll to decide.
sorry i have to say it totally bad not good at all.
number are way to small and the hand right who needs it give me a " > " pointer anyway mainly what the game came with is good for me.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-25-2003, 12:03 PM
USrecon is offline USrecon

Send a message via AIM to USrecon
The original compass has a "N" that always points north.... Can you not tell where 9o clock or 3 o clock is with out numbers...... In my humble opinion I would have to say that it is a cheat. I play fine with the original compass... I just made due with what I was given.... mods=cheats
Old 09-25-2003, 01:53 PM
VlaD is offline VlaD

USrecon, so by what you are saying, is that anyone who comes up with any kind of mod is cheating? So all those maps and terrains made by TerraNova is a cheat...things like those maps and terrains and this GPS thing are made to enhance the playing of DF series games...just because you may not use it does not mean that it is a cheat...
Old 09-25-2003, 06:05 PM
TexasRattler is offline TexasRattler

It's just a compass. Unless it is showing the exact position of a player, it's not a cheat. Mods DO NOT EQUAL cheating. The way I see it, as long as it's not showing exactly where I am at, then I don't see anything wrong with it. Like I said, it's just a compass. I just use the old one. I hardly even use a compass. I just search and ocassionally watch out for tracers. Mainly, I just use a scope and that most of the time works for me. I can usually find people.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Looks like the thread has migrated to a place that wont close the topic.

So here...I will duplicate my post at DFArena, but keep in mind this comes at "THE END" (<= lol...loser) of a 4 page debate, where everyone called this guy a cheater for what he had developed:

Quote:
Guys I really cant believe what I am reading here.

To call the compass mod, or a crosshair mod, a cheat is just absurd. If the compass was GPS that would be different...if the crosshair actually pointed out players locations, that would too. Adding S, E, & W to a compass ring is not a cheat.

It sounds to me like most of the complaints here are based not on what was done, but what else might have been done. That's crap. Besides, a cheater (in the true sense of the word) would never even admit to having added anything at all...for fear it would lead to further investigation.

I dont own the original DF, but I do own the others, and this is the first one that I have seen that didn't show all 4 compass points, AND allow for the crosshair color to be user-decided. As it stands, BHD is still an unfinished game in my book, and in many others. How bout the team clays BS? How long was it after the announced release date that we actually saw the game? Nova should still be fixing glitches in this game, along with "finishing touches" like the compass ring and crosshairs. The way I see it, someone just beat em to it.

BUT since I noted that "it gives you an advantage that other players don't have", I will say this: SO DOES CABLE, over 56k....so does fiber over cable. Cable sure as hell gives me an advantage over 56k'rs. Or does that 'not count'?...LOL. How bout the old IP4 for LW and TFD?? It allowed you to get out of a game between rounds and switch charactors in time to get back in. Nobody ever whined, and called that a cheat...but it DID give an advantage, and it DIDNT come with the game. So why not? Is it because enough people had it, that if someone called it a cheat, that they would get laughed out of existence? This very tame little mod wouldnt be considered a cheat either if it was more widely used, which it should, and will be. Fact is...what exactly is the advantage TO THE PLAYER WHO HAS THE MOD? If I have it on my machine...how does it help me play? It only helps the team...not the individual player...and if you know your compass points anyway...then it wouldnt matter if they were on you HUD or not. Its really just a matter of preferrence. I would rather you be staring down at your compass, than have you paying attention and see me sneakin up on you.

Available to everyone??? Hell all they have to do is look for it.

If I just started playing a game, I dont expect to be taken by the hand and babied along till I can play on my own. If I heard someone talk about a compass mod, I would ask where to get it, and then I would have it too. It was just like playing the demo with the Master Add On. If ya didn't know where to get it, then you asked...then you had it too.

Devilsclaw...I saw your post too. Did you get called a cheater for makin the MAO? LOL! Hell man, without that you cant even change your team password untill a special series of events and conditions come into play that force the game to prompt you for it. That isn't readily available....doesnt come with the game (although if Nova had finished the game, it might have). Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. Hell I wouldn't do without the MAO. Now if there was only a way to permanently ban certain weapons...*cough* smoke nades *cough cough* Why did you stop development? I think the whole of the BHD community owes you a debt of gratitude for your time on it. You added alot to the game. endl;

Why not just say that if you develop your skills beyond what is 'readily available' out there, that you're cheating too? I once saw in a forum someone posting that using an AT4 in a server where someone asked you not to, was cheating! BS!! Improper maybe...hell even rude, ...but cheating?? Geez guys get a grip. Bots, Trainers, and using skins on opposite team players....thats cheating. Labeling your compass with all 4 points is NOT. If all players don't have it, too bad...go get it. It's not like its UNAVAILABLE to you. You're just too lazy to go get it. You wanna know what SHOULD be considered a cheat? Using KaZaA to lag so bad you cant be hit....THAT should be called a cheat looong before the compring mod. But in FX and FX servers, we don't call it a cheat or whine about it. We intend to beat you inspite of it. If you show up with a wall-hack, or if we nail ya while you are usin a GPS...expect to be banned permanently...because we know what to call a cheat, AND what not to.

If you wanna have a tourney, where you specify NO MODS, then fine, knock yourself out. But dont call it a cheat. Everyone throws that word around so quickly and thoughtlessly that its loosing any real impact anymore.

I am sorry to come in here and go off, but this is assenine, and I don't think the replies in this forum truly represent the DF community accurately.

I for one say that the compring mod is the bomb, and who the hell wants a white crosshair anyway....

Tex
Vlad my man, I'm with ya. So is all of FX...but we get called cheaters all the time anyway...LOL...it really don't bother us anymore.

I'm curious to hear from MANY people...not just the same few over and over.

Panther...what is your take?

Last edited by Supertex; 09-26-2003 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Quote:
I think you would need more than that. Let's say VlaD has it and is using it in a stat server with 2 Mongoose players and one New11290589345 guy. Now those three fellas have no idea where to get it from whereas you and squad's would.
If, in that circumstance, Vlad is not on a voice comms prog of some sort, with his team, then how does the mod really benefit him or his team? Team chat is waaay to slow to be of any use. By the time you type it in, the coordinates of the target have changed. And what are the chances of 4 strangers (to each other) being on the same voice chat?

Quote:
Granted this thing may be an improvement over the current compass (cuz frankly I can't use it cuz it sucks so bad) but my point is that it would give an unfair advantage over players that don't have it or don't have access to it. So using that line of thinking it would be cheating in my eyes. Not like a trainer, but just because it wasn't packaged in the game and provides me with an advantage over other players.
Cause not everyone has it huh? Then why not tell everyone to get it? You seem to like the idea as much as we do...so lets move on it. Make it a point to distribute it, so it IS available to everyone.

Last edited by Supertex; 09-25-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:28 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

Maybe I just dont understand. Why would anyone think that N,S,E,W is a cheat. I read that MODS=Cheat. What about Team Speak. If anything, that is the biggest "cheat" out there according to some player's logic. It is not available to every one. What if you dont have a mic, or are running on dial up. you cant run ts and bhd at teh same time. TS is instant communication, compared to have to STOP and Type to tell your team where the enemy is. When I started BHD i never even new about TS untill i joined my squad. I Personally dont use the mod, because i am use to the crappy one and i know which way is which, usally
Old 09-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
sorry there have been a lot of mod's use to cheat with on skin job your compass is not a cheat dose not show people location but it really looks bad, i seen better compass skins then that one.
Mod one can change to so other can cheat a bet of information:
1.) Player skin. so you can see other players better. sample a player skin made all yellow in this case it is a cheat, same with helo-copter and so on.
2.) Compass is ok it shows only normal items and nothen been added to it were it maybe use as a cheat.

so you can see why a lot don't like mod's that can be use as a cheat item.

sorry that compass new look sucks seen better
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-25-2003, 10:39 PM
neoik is offline neoik

Send a message via ICQ to neoik
it looks better installed ...lets see what you can make dude before you call somone else work sucky

http://www.df-mapshop.com