Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Confused Fat boys Northern Korea given up its WMD (Nukes)

A "strategic decision" by North Korea to give up its nuclear program would allow the Kim Jong-il regime to remain in power, a senior Washington official here said yesterday.
John Bolton, undersecretary for arms control and international security of the U.S. State Department, said North Korea should learn from Libya, stressing that taking a similar path would bring about security for the Kim regime.

"It is the case that we have tried to use the example of Libya to show that it is possible for a government to make a strategic decision that it is better off abandoning the search for weapons of mass destruction than continuing to pursue them," Bolton said in a news conference in Seoul.

"And I think one of the lessons of Libya is that the regime can make the strategic calculation that it wants to give up weapons of mass destruction and remain in power. "We think this is important to show that one can give up weapons of mass destruction in a context where the regime that makes that decision stays in power."

If North Korea should decide at the "strategic level" to abandon its pursuit of WMD, Bolton also highlighted the possibilities that Pyongyang's "fundamental change" could lead to having a "fundamentally changed relationship" with Washington.

"This is a real-world example of how a changed behavior on the part of the rogue state seeking weapons of mass destruction can result in changed behavior by others," he said.

But Bolton added that one piece of evidence of the Stalinist state's lack of readiness to make any decision was that it continued to deny having a uranium enrichment program in addition to its known plutonium-based nuclear program.

Bolton's trip this time is seen to be aimed at promoting the Bush administration's Libya Process for its Asian allies to take part in coaxing North Korea to follow suit, as suggested by Washington in the third round of the six-nation disarmament talks in Beijing last month.

Washington lifted some restrictions on its commerce with Libya this year in return for giving up its WMD programs, and the North African country gained political and economic rewards from the international community as well. Most sanctions against Libya were lifted by April and formal diplomatic relations were established earlier this month between the United States and Libya.

Earlier in the day, Bolton - representing the right wing of the United States' foreign policy establishment and a known hard-liner on the communist country - said Washington did not want to wait until November to resolve the North Korean nuclear standoff and was seeking progress now.

"The seriousness of the more detailed U.S. proposal presented by the United States at the last round of six-party talks should put to rest any reservations that our side is in a holding pattern until the next U.S. presidential election," Bolton said during a speech at Yonsei University on the topic "Lessons from Libya and North Korea's Strategic Choice."

Source: koreaherald.co.kr

By Choi Soung-ah

===========================================
Will that should make some of them happy in that part of the world mainly AUS's lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-22-2004 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:47 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I doubt we could ever trust the word of this regime Chief. I really cannot believe that they are willing to get rid of their nuclear capability.

Warm Regards
Old 07-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will i think they give up their rocket program end of it, but not the all of it the research will still on i bit. and when it blows up in their own face it be too late. we all know they have cheap gear to use to work with, good sample their Jet are made up cheap metals tin and other things. i bit their refinery for Radium will blowup and not only that their power plants are in crappy shape to boot.

Northern Korea will blow up soon (2-5yrs) when they do the world will pay from the fallout from them. i do mean a big time fallout like that have never been seen before in history.

USA Drop 2ea a-bomb on to Japan but N-Korea will make that look like a small fart. and N-Korea will be no more with S-Korea with it and southern part of China with it toboot.

N-Korea if they can make a A-Bomb with a beercan (bit me they try) with cheap items to use it will blowup asap in their face.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-23-2004 at 09:15 AM.