Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > Humor & Jokes

Humor & Jokes Got a funny joke or a funny email? Post it so we can all laugh!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Biggrin GTA IV Joke

Grand Theft Auto 4 came out this week. Very realistic, it's set in a replica of New York City. Its so realistic now not only can you bang hookers in your car, you can bang them as Governor Spitzer.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
that game otta be banned.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: GTA IV Joke

Quote:
Originally posted by ShArP
Grand Theft Auto 4 came out this week. Very realistic, it's set in a replica of New York City. Its so realistic now not only can you bang hookers in your car, you can bang them as Governor Spitzer.

you got to get the mod for it were you can bang the first lady in a 4x4 truck, all so you can bang any female police officer's in their squad cars on the spot as will

j/k
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally posted by skinny killer
that game otta be banned.
Why? It's only entertainment. I know it's a controversial game, but cmon people, it's a game. Everyone makes such a big deal out of the games these days saying that they "corrupt our kids" and that "the kids that are being corrupted are our future" and other nonsense like that. The games don't corrupt kids anymore than what they see in their own homes.

Lets see. Do you think a kid would be more likely to grow up, get married and beat their wife by:

A. Playing a video game
B. Seeing his father do it

The answer is B. You can't tell me that what a kid sees in their own home doesn't affect the outcome of their lives more than a video game does. It affects their lives more than a silly video game ever will. So, why make such a big deal out of a video game and spend so much time trying to get it banned when there are kids out there who are witnessing their moms, sisters, step-moms, aunts, grandmas or whoever get beat by their husbands in their own homes. I say we spend more time trying to stop domestic violence rather than spend all this money trying to get a game banned.

The game is meant for entertainment, not to teach children how to grow up and become murderers. It's just a game, drop the whole "this game should be banned" stuff.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 AM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
Originally posted by EDGE
Why? It's only entertainment. I know it's a controversial game, but cmon people, it's a game. Everyone makes such a big deal out of the games these days saying that they "corrupt our kids" and that "the kids that are being corrupted are our future" and other nonsense like that. The games don't corrupt kids anymore than what they see in their own homes.

Lets see. Do you think a kid would be more likely to grow up, get married and beat their wife by:

A. Playing a video game
B. Seeing his father do it

The answer is B. You can't tell me that what a kid sees in their own home doesn't affect the outcome of their lives more than a video game does. It affects their lives more than a silly video game ever will. So, why make such a big deal out of a video game and spend so much time trying to get it banned when there are kids out there who are witnessing their moms, sisters, step-moms, aunts, grandmas or whoever get beat by their husbands in their own homes. I say we spend more time trying to stop domestic violence rather than spend all this money trying to get a game banned.

The game is meant for entertainment, not to teach children how to grow up and become murderers. It's just a game, drop the whole "this game should be banned" stuff.
EDGE, read.

now I know for a fact that's a bunch of BS. I know these game have an affect on kids because I am a kid (14 years old). ever since I played BF2 (Battlefield 2) I started having an argue to fight in some war.

I have been a war junkie ever since I was 8 (until I found this country isn't worth fighting for) but I liked war for the friendship of your fellow soldiers who would take a bullet for you or lay on a grenade to save your life. I seemed to like the idea of that kind of friendship compared to the world of hate I live it today. now I just seem to want to go to war to kill the enemy. I have pushed away this argue to kill some enemy in a war buy telling myself that that is not what war is about. video games do affect the minds of kids, it is up to the kids to decide how to control themselves. I know this because I experienced it first hand.

and the BS that kids get these ideas from the parents is BS too. my father had to pull his father off his mother because he was stinking drunk and trying to kill her. his father had his hands around his mothers throat and strangling her and my dad as a little boy had to get on his back and pull him off. and even after all of this after it was over he went to bed like he normally would because it happened all the time. he was even beaten in the chest over and over by his mother because he told her not to cus out Gods name. and this went on for ever until he moved out. and now he is a saved christian and the kindest man I know. with a good job and a 2 story house...etc the point is that his violent parents had no effect on him.

The big point is that games should NOT be about Banging some $2 hooker in your car. only freaks and screwed-up-people would find something so disgusting "entertaining".
Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Ill anwser to this post later when i get home from work.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
EDGE, read.

now I know for a fact that's a bunch of BS. I know these game have an affect on kids because I am a kid (14 years old). ever since I played BF2 (Battlefield 2) I started having an argue to fight in some war.

I have been a war junkie ever since I was 8 (until I found this country isn't worth fighting for) but I liked war for the friendship of your fellow soldiers who would take a bullet for you or lay on a grenade to save your life. I seemed to like the idea of that kind of friendship compared to the world of hate I live it today. now I just seem to want to go to war to kill the enemy. I have pushed away this argue to kill some enemy in a war buy telling myself that that is not what war is about. video games do affect the minds of kids, it is up to the kids to decide how to control themselves. I know this because I experienced it first hand.

and the BS that kids get these ideas from the parents is BS too. my father had to pull his father off his mother because he was stinking drunk and trying to kill her. his father had his hands around his mothers throat and strangling her and my dad as a little boy had to get on his back and pull him off. and even after all of this after it was over he went to bed like he normally would because it happened all the time. he was even beaten in the chest over and over by his mother because he told her not to cus out Gods name. and this went on for ever until he moved out. and now he is a saved christian and the kindest man I know. with a good job and a 2 story house...etc the point is that his violent parents had no effect on him.

The big point is that games should NOT be about Banging some $2 hooker in your car. only freaks and screwed-up-people would find something so disgusting "entertaining".
Not to change the subject, but how is our country not worth fighting for? How can you even say that? Even if you may or may not agree with the way our president is running our country, you should at least stand behind it and defend it. Our soldiers, like Killerbee, are defending YOUR right to say what you want, do what you want, express how you feel through song, art and dance and most importantly be a free nation. Your only 14, so your not yet mature enough to handle a lot of the situation that is going on overseas (don't take that personally), but as you get older and mature you will understand why we are fighting.

Video games such as GTA are likely not to cause children to grow up and use violence. Recent studies have shown that video games such as GTA do, in fact, stimulate the amygdala in the brain which is involved in emotional arousal, BUT they do not guarantee that a child playing GTA or any other violent game will cause that child to be violent when they grow up.

Quote:
Studies indicate that child witnesses, on average, are more aggressive and fearful and more often suffer from anxiety, depression and other trauma-related symptoms...Children may be at a higher risk of alcohol or drug abuse, experience cognitive problems or stress-related ailments (headaches, rashes), and have difficulties in school
Quote:
In addition, studies show that boys who witness domestic violence are more likely to batter as adults.
Every study that I have read on "Effects of domestic violence on children" have all said that children who witness domestic violence in their homes are more likely to batter and promote violence as adults.

My little cousin has been playing violent video games with my family since he was 6. He's now 10 and it has had no affect on him what-so-ever and I seriously doubt it ever will. I have been playing violent video games since I was 10...8 years later, I'm a normal eighteen-year-old. I've never hit a girl, never shot anyone, never stolen a car or screwed a hooker in my car and theres a 100% chance that I never will. Everyone that plays video games has experienced the same video game violent that you have and probably for even longer than you have. No one that I know of has had any problems with emotional issues or domestic violence.

So, your dad was a witness of domestic violence. He was one of the lucky ones who kept himself sane. 90% of all children who witness domestic violence grow up to repeat the actions of their parents. Your dad grew up to be a good guy who has been pretty successful. Good for him. He did a great job, but that doesn't rule out the fact that domestic violence doesn't affect kids.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:02 PM
HappyGoLucky

good post EDGE.

when I say this country isn't worth fight for I mean that I can't stand the fact that our brave soldiers (like killerbee) are puting their lives on the line and getting killed for a country that is slacking off. we are losing the reputation as the dominant country of this world. and the lives of our soldiers are paying for it. I'm not saying I hate the US I'm simply giving my opinion on the matter.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
I can relate to that feeling.. After playing a racing game I often want to get in my car and race around the city.. The difference between me and people that actually do it is how they were raised. Parents and peers have a HUGE impact on kids even though the younger crowd may not realize it. The game is not real, In the game there are no consequences that cannot be undone.

While I do believe that video games can effect people I will first blame the parents for anything the child does.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-07-2008, 06:26 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
I can relate to that feeling.. After playing a racing game I often want to get in my car and race around the city.. The difference between me and people that actually do it is how they were raised. Parents and peers have a HUGE impact on kids even though the younger crowd may not realize it. The game is not real, In the game there are no consequences that cannot be undone.

While I do believe that video games can effect people I will first blame the parents for anything the child does.
I get that feeling also but you just gotta learn that it is just a game and why do it in real life, unless there is no cops around then you can race

Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

i banged so many hookers last night and went on a ****ing rampage in the mall afterwards with an ak i stole from a gun store ...

all because of gta.

this topics gone out of hand .. skinny killer that may be your opinion, but it's just that .. first of all the game is rated M .. 17 plus .. you're fourteen .. soo ... um ... are you done?

if one is so easily manipulated by a video game .. well .. then words can't even really describe that .. that's just embarrassing.

Last edited by VooDoo-; 05-08-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Theres no doubt in my mind that games and electronic media in general are conditioning users that play it, conditioning in these cases arent volunatary and arent controllable. Sure some people are more prone to it than others, and people that play a game for a night isnt going to go out and replicate it, but the conditioing is happening.

I bet if I got a bunch of people that play the likes of counterstrike, cod4 and all those sorts and dumped them in a MOUT/FIBUA villiage with Miles system against some military guys they would adopt the tactics that is used in game for things like door stacking, movement and the like regardless of whats best for 'survival', thats conditioning.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

so mike if i go kill five people, shoot a cop, and take off in a stolen car ... i'll be good at it?

Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 AM
HappyGoLucky

I agree with you mike.

I don't think games like COD4 would have much of any effect mostly because COD4's storyline was more like a movie then a game and it wasn't about jumping thru a window and blowing up the badguy hollyhood style. it was about your friendlies around you, it was about teamwork and that's the kind of game that I think would have no effect on the player who plays it simply because there's nothing "cool" about it. you know these kids they look at these games like GTA and they see the cool looking cars, the cool dude with sunglasses who just blew up a speed boat with his UZI submashinegun and they think thats cool and they say "gee, wouldn't it be cool if it was me with that gun snooting at bad guys and blowing up stuff. I sure would like to be him one day". but yeah I think they would unknowingly pick up some of the millitary tatics from real war games if they ever found them self a the situation. but I think only bad things cam come from hollywood BS games.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
If youre 14, you oughta shutup about war and go play some videogames... Go out, age and get some knowledge..
You are one of the scumbags that do no justice to the military personal beeing shipped to random places, for a idea made up by the government...

Infact, in my opinion, you dont even have the maturity to even have a expression on what's right and wrong...

Oww, and before you jump the gun, i have been in Iraq.. I have seen my share of rotten things..

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 05-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
http://www.grandtheftchildhood.com/GTC/Home.html

need we discuss this more?

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I'm also 14, BTW.

GTA IV's just a game. It's solely entertainment purposes. If some wanker goes and copies what they see in the game, they're idiots. Oh, and if that is the case, it's THEIR FAULT for playing the game, not the game developers.

Oh yeah, and I've played video games since I was like 5 - possibly even 4. I don't get urges to go outside and murder someone. In fact, if you get to know me I'm quite a peaceful guy.

And it's not because I haven't played GTA before - I have played it.

Something else too - doesn't GTA have an age rating on it? What is it, 15+? 18+?

You see my point.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 PM
HappyGoLucky

no I don't think we need to descuss this any further.

as long as games like GTA are made teen violence will rise. it's as simple as that

we're done here.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
I'm also 14, BTW.

GTA IV's just a game. It's solely entertainment purposes. If some wanker goes and copies what they see in the game, they're idiots. Oh, and if that is the case, it's THEIR FAULT for playing the game, not the game developers.

Oh yeah, and I've played video games since I was like 5 - possibly even 4. I don't get urges to go outside and murder someone. In fact, if you get to know me I'm quite a peaceful guy.

And it's not because I haven't played GTA before - I have played it.

Something else too - doesn't GTA have an age rating on it? What is it, 15+? 18+?

You see my point.
17, but most parents don't follow game ratings until they buy the game for their kid, watch them play it, then complain about the violence inside the game. It's the parents faults for buying the game.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Theres no doubt in my mind that games and electronic media in general are conditioning users that play it, conditioning in these cases arent volunatary and arent controllable. Sure some people are more prone to it than others, and people that play a game for a night isnt going to go out and replicate it, but the conditioing is happening.

I bet if I got a bunch of people that play the likes of counterstrike, cod4 and all those sorts and dumped them in a MOUT/FIBUA villiage with Miles system against some military guys they would adopt the tactics that is used in game for things like door stacking, movement and the like regardless of whats best for 'survival', thats conditioning.
Good post

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Closed Thread