Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:28 AM
the.commander is offline the.commander

Send a message via Yahoo to the.commander
need help on lagg on map

need help on lagg on map

lo every 1
need help on this subject...i add items 2 a map called panic attack ..2 make a custom map ..the map is done and i send it 2 my clan 2 play on there server ..& this is wat happin some ppl stay in server some get punted & others lagg like hell .. i no it has someting 2 do with the map because the server playing all the other maps.. but when we stick the custom map on all the problems start 2 happin ppl being punted otheres lagg like hell...plz help as this is my first time seeing my maps beening played on a clan server.. help appreciated
ty peace out the.commander
Old 07-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
think there some items you can't using in the map for DF:BHD. what the name of these 2 items you added to the map?

if the file size is not to big can you post a link, so we can see what is going on. you telling us, but we need to feel it and see whats really happing in the map that is making it lag.

1.) link to your maps to get.
2.) whats are the items you added to the map these two items you talk about?
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-09-2005, 01:19 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
How many items have you added to your map? If you add too many of the same item to a map, it makes the map laggy and puts more glitches in it. Big buildings and structures also make the map lag. If you've added too many big structures, your going to lag real bad. Therefor, people get punted for pings and leave the server cause its so laggy.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:45 PM

lo guys : ty for the reply well appreciated....i think it would be eazyer 2 look at the map.because i put more than 1 item in the map..the total items i have in the map is 1200 .its called Panic Attack Radio House witch is in bhdts map data base or if u want il send it 2 ya....i no its under teamsabre but last nite i was working on it 2 make it just bhd map.. so i took out 1 item that belong 2 teamsabre and that was a drugs table ...i could not find any other item belonging 2 teamsabre ..ty for the help.peace out
the.commander
Old 07-09-2005, 03:07 PM

lo lads..sry i didnt put this in when i frist posted ..this is most of the items i put in 2 the map::

106 bfence1p end pole for chain
407 wood planks
50 long straight wall piece type a
19 medium straight wall piece
5 mortar
8 guided rpg
7 single woonen weapons crate ak47 open lid
6 single woonen weapons crate with close lid
4 radio tower used on top of rdiobid1.3di
1 power generator houseing
11 bfence1p 8ft section of barbed wire fence w
1 stinger
1 rocket
6 single wooden barrel1
4 tv antenna 3
3 stack of multple wooden weapons crates 3x3
6 closed wooden trunk
2 single wooden barrel2
4 broken coffee table
9 single metal barre
1 wooden crate with khat destroyable w
2 wooden crate with tarp
1 master bed with a canopy
1 end table interior decoration only
2 desktop fan with moving blades

i hope that help ya out...i cant think of anyting else....thanks for the help lads
Old 07-09-2005, 09:58 PM

lo lads ..i was just wondering would it be the event for the chopper thats doin all the punting & lagging in the map because i delete the moveing chopper and didnt delete the events...i didnt want to delete them in case i messed up the hummers events i also deleted more items 2 try & cut the lagg out..item on the map now is 1175 ..this map been racking my brian in all day lol.....ty peace out.the.commander
Old 08-09-2005, 02:42 AM
NAVSPECWARCOM is offline NAVSPECWARCOM

In many cases, it's not the amount of items you have but the variety of items.

Each unique item takes memory. However, if you have 1200 of the exact same thing, it takes up the same amount of memory as if you had one.

So, when making maps, try not to use the entire "toolbox" of items. When I make large maps with lots of buildings, I use maybe 2 or 3 buildings. Then I just reuse them and just change their heading.

Lastly, buildings with interiors take up a lot of memory. Use those in moderation.