Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 04-01-2004, 07:15 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

Quote:
Originally posted by Supertex
Personally, with games out like FarCry, and UT2k4, I don't see Nova being a contender (have you seen Far Cry?...OMG!). The BHD engine is a good start, but its unfinished, and unrefined. BHD would have been a greater game, had it been finished. In my opinion, it still isn't - how bout the password issues with it? Yeah we can change em by editing cfg files, or using some utility to do so, but what the hell is that? They should have put password slots in @ the very beginning. They have been told repeatedly, but yet even at this late date, they have YET to include it....hell, Devilsclaw did it immediately. I guess Nova should hire him to oversee.

There is just so much that could have been better...like the clays issue...maybe 8 was too many, but I think 2 is too few, and they could have made the number of clays a server setting, so eventually all of US could decide how many was gonna be the standard. Like they did with the auto-elevation.

I think JO might be fun, but I can't tell...can't get any combat because everyone is in the air...I really like BHD better I think...
Well i got to agree with my bud tex about FarCry, the graphics are insane and the game play is a better then bhd, But i have to disagree about bhd being better then Joint Ops. Im mean come on how can you say bhd is better when you have not even played or seen a stock JO tdm map. They might not even have choppers in some of them.

I think it is impossible to say you do or dont like a game based on 1 map in a demo. (unless you just dont like the game style) although i can say, i dont like the recoil from the weapons in JO.

Last edited by HonkyTonkFX; 04-01-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:29 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
Joint Ops is just bhd with vehicals... A few new weapons, I mean, terra-nova coulda made this, oh wait, they did..
Ask your self this, how much different is BHD from TFD, TFD from LW and LW all the way back to df1.

And i would have to say JO is not bhd with vehicals, from what i have seen [about 24 hours worth(and my eyes are burning right now)] there is a big different. You cant just run and gun in JO cause you wont hit anything but the side of a mountian. Unlike bhd where you can snipe with a car 15 up to 400 meters or more away on the run.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i like the map it was good and taking over all the PSP points or the Base your team wins, best part i flow a Helo about (Funny) 400ft in med air i jump off it lay low as i fall down into the water area below and i did not die. try to sneak in to the other teams rear to take PSP over, will it did not work out some other guy got there before me game over. P.s as BHD had on the small helo you can find your sefl on top of it press "Shift-Key" again to get off or back inside.

i have to say flying the helo i had no lag at all. not bad for dailup 56k the game blows great it still being work on i under stand that its beta still.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-01-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Quote:
I think it is impossible to say you do or dont like a game based on 1 map in a demo. (unless you just dont like the game style) although i can say, i dont like the recoil from the weapons in JO.
Actually, for me its very possible...

The only thing that makes me even give JO any thought at all is because of my teammates. They are the ONLY part of Nova that I don't wanna do without. I still like BHD better...

And as far as DF versions being different...all I can say is that there are WORLDS of difference between DF1&2 going to LW& TFD, and the same difference going to BHD...but as each generation has been paired with nothing more than some skin changes (DF1>DF2, and LW>TFD) JO is nothing more than BHD ... with SOME new skins, plus vehicles and a ****load of recoil. Other than that, it's the same game. But I go with my team, so what the hell...bring it on.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Sgt HunteR is offline Sgt HunteR

Send a message via ICQ to Sgt HunteR
This is just a taste of what Joint Ops will be!
full game will be Awsoooome!!!!
have u seen the Trailer 2

| -===War is sweet to those who've never experienced it===- |
Old 04-02-2004, 04:46 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Well i have to say i like the demo. Now about the screen lag, i expected that with my 32mb Video Card, but it is playable when i put the deatails down. I didnt think this map was NOT the best to choose; it was too big. And yes i did notice some extra kick! but hell, if you think the kick in JO is bad then play Rainbow Six: Raven Shield then you will know the meaning of kick. I loved the new weapons, man there were like 20 helicopters to choose from! but, i think we should focus ledd on the vehicles, we have to be way less dependent on them to get like 300 million meters to the other side,

One of the wonderful things was, no matter how many players, i swear there was no such thing as lag!!! if you have ever played UT 2K4 then you know all to well, when the game gets laggy, the vehicles hop all over the place!

Overall, nova did a good job i think. We just have to make the maps half as big and i think we will be ok! ooh and i sure cant wait for those dense foggy swamp maps
Old 04-02-2004, 04:49 AM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

im content but just just praying we get the old gunsounds back so i dont think some1 is messing up my tupperware when i shoot.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:51 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

LOL Doper...i noticed the 50 cal sound changed alot but that doesnt bother me alot
Old 04-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

OH, one more thing guys, think they will make some sort of targeting system or aiming system for the chopper's missiles and such?
Old 04-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

think not they just wanted the vehics as a way of transporting the teams i recall becuz they dont want the vehicles to be dominating.dont remember were i read that however.maybe it was in the joel taubel interview or sumtin.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:38 AM
E.Valencia is offline E.Valencia

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
You must not be from around nova land? This your first?

Sorry just had to say that
NO! this isnt my first.... iv been playin since the beginning of df3......
Old 04-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Cody 7
OH, one more thing guys, think they will make some sort of targeting system or aiming system for the chopper's missiles and such?
I havent tried this with anyone, But as far as I know they have that is why you have a laser designator isnt it? you would have to get a willing team mate to try if it works.

Just a thought, otherwise whats the use in having one in a multiplayer game.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:26 PM

The laser designator is for mortars...... a guy finds a taget pulls the designator out clicks and a guy with a mortar somehow can target it too and shoot and the mortar will land on the target.... havnt tried it yet
Old 04-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
yes I just tested it E. lol I hadnt used one so I just put a Lan server up to test...
Old 04-02-2004, 12:29 PM

lol k well when u figure it out tell me how it works lol
Old 04-02-2004, 12:39 PM

Sal y havnt u been answering my PMs?
Old 04-03-2004, 04:00 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

As I've said else where in these forums, from what I've seen so far I'm not all that impressed with the demo, the full game might be a lot better, (they usually are) so I will reserve final judgement until then.

Regards
Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 AM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
My only comment that could be fixed is the lag issues do they really think that we can all afford T1 lines to play this thing I mean seriously they had to know it would be laggy with 45 moving vehicles on a map. Also the recoil is a bit off to make it realistic they should go shoot guns like the M-16A2 and tell me whether or not it really has that much recoil. I will buy the game and like the FX guys I am willing to go with my squad to whatever title Nova puts out
Thanks For Reading This Far
Buzzzz-KP-
KP Squad
Old 04-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

You guys obviously must of gotten the update to play online but i thought it was very good and bad at the same time. I loved it because it kinda added "physics" when flying the vehicles it feels so much more realistic nad smoother - choppers kind of "slide" instead of turning on a dime, and it fixed some trouble getting jeeps on the rebel's ferry.

Now the bad part...

I have a pretty cheap 32mb nVidia GeForce 2 video card, and now the demo supposedley doesnt support "cards without transform & lighting" so when i start up the game now the terrain has like "thatches" or tie-die terrain and what i would like to know is it was fine before so why not leave well enough alone?
Old 04-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Quote:
Originally posted by BuzzKiller
My only comment that could be fixed is the lag issues do they really think that we can all afford T1 lines to play this thing I mean seriously they had to know it would be laggy with 45 moving vehicles on a map. Buzzzz-KP-
KP Squad
I know how frustrating lag can be, but i have never found any lag in Joint Ops whatsoever! i consider the lag to be less than some of BHD's 32 player servers! maybe its just me, though