Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool Joint Operations a PCfromat review.

I came across an article about Joints Ops in PCformat magazine and it seems that Nova have decided to set this latest outing in a future Indonesia where the rule of law and order has collapsed.

The article goes on to say that,
Quote:
Joint Ops is a multiplayer focused first person shooter based on the Delta Force engine.
and it will have,
Quote:
enormous levels up to 128 km square according to Chris Clarke, product manager at publisher/developer Novalogic.
Like it's forerunnners, Joint ops is targeted at online multi player.
Quote:
Here the load out of your troops affects speed manoeuvrablility; you can carry multiple heavy weapons and grenades , but you slow down considerably.
Quote:
Up to 64 players can join in, and some of the 20 vehicles can carry almost that many troops, notabtly the large hovercraft , the Chinook and the Siskorski, which can have several smaller vehicles loaded inside. The detail on the vehicles has come from interviews with pilots, drivers and the usual Delta Force types; everything is accurate, from the dhows right up to the pencil aiming cross on the inside of a littlebird cockpit.
Quote:
We've also been inspired by Planetside adds Clarke. You'll notice the size of the battles is big, but a multiplayer game can last for two to three hours on the same level.
Quote:
On top of the 40 to 60 multiplayer maps that Novalogic promises, an editor should ship with the game.
Quote:
While the outlook for Indonesia might be murky, the game is far from that, with day and night settings varying the look of the game - should you find yourself staring into the sun, you're pratically blinded . Combine this with fully 3D climable trees and camping snipers, and assaulting inot the sun is very difficult. Thens there's a proper day-night cycle , over the course of an hour and a half, manipulable fog levels and colours, and truly outstanding water level and colour manipulation, which can draw away to a minimal base plate level., or rise up to swamp the highest point on the land.
Sounds really cool folks! Lets hope it will live up to expectations!

Regards
Old 03-09-2004, 05:26 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
a few things
one about the maps, if there going to be 128KM square then wont that produce a lot of lag not only for slow connections but lower standard computers, you must like a T1 in order to play and with a P4 lol

with 40-60 maps and some of those between 1-128KM square HOW BIG IS THIS GAME GOING TO BE

and climable trees eh, well i can see this game is already i sniper fest lol

lets hope these effects live up to what they say they will
Old 03-09-2004, 05:35 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Hi Blunt!

You know I hadn't thought about the maps and their size causing lag, you might be onto something mate!

regards
Old 03-09-2004, 10:58 AM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

Quote:
Originally posted by ߣÚÑT

and climable trees eh, well i can see this game is already i sniper fest lol
i dont think so, you are thinking to much like bhd. remember people will be more interested in driving and flying. I expect more people to be crashing then sniping.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
do you play Battlefield1942, if you cant fly then you sure as hell know your not getting into a vehicle, and once people play it enough they will realize what fits them best, and you cant say on a map were camo works to your favor you wont get into a tree and pick those people off in the vehicle?