Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowZ View Post
'common, it's only pixels! It's not like they have a soul or anything...

hmm, what if they did?
Lol, try tell that to the nutjobs who pay big bucks for a cheat in multiplayer games!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simon. View Post
I'm going to sound really patronising but you're 14 mate. You've got a lot to learn in life.

This topic should probably close now because I can tell you can't take advise, and I'm just losing my patience, so I won't try and answer your query any more.
i can take advice, i just know that im not stupid enough to try an reenact something in a f***ing video game..

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
i can take advice, i just know that im not stupid enough to try an reenact something in a f***ing video game..
There are children in your age in the world that are fighting wars, killing, tortureing other people because they don't agree with that person.

Is that being stupid? No.

It has nothing to do with stupidity, they are children, they have been told that it's the right thing to do, killing these people is the right thing. They see other older doing the same and belive it's the correct thing to do.

Is it? No.

But do they know this? No, they are children and they can't tell right from wrong even if they think they can.

How can you kill a deer when you would never kill a human?

Because a person you trust in and belive in has told you that it's okey to kill a deer but not a human. You might not belive this but this person could in very little time get you to kill another person. I would of never belived this as a 14 year old myself because I knew everything about myself and I knew exactly what was right or wrong. Which with age and maturing I know that I didn't know, I could have killed a person if someone I trust and belive in have told me to do so.

We have been where you are and we know exactly how a 14 year old think and work, yes all are inuviduals but in the whole you are like all other 14 yearolds, even those that are fighting a war killing innocent people right as I type this. And that is a fact and not something every adult makes up for fun.

There's a word in the Swedish language to discribe this state of children and it is "Fjortis". The part "Fjort" comes from the number 14, called "Fjorton" in Swedish. The part "is" it quite close to the english "is", a person is somthing.
This is not to describe someone of being 14 years of age, it discribes a state that many 12 and up to 18 yearolds are in. This is a national discription of the "I know exactly who I am, I know exactly what I'm capable of, how I will react to situations and know everything" attitude.

The thing about being an adult is to know that you do not know everything, you know that you can be manipulated at any time. Which makes the adult's harder to actually manipulate, but there's more to it then that, which is actuall age and maturity.

I'm in no way saying that you are NOT convinced that you should not kill a person like you do in the games, which I'm super happy that you don't. But you are still very easy to manipulate and this is something when you become an adult you will get an "Ah ha" about. Or at least should.

I'm not saying that I'm better then you because I'm older then you, my age and maturity tells me I'm not, I'm in no way better then you but I know exactly how it is to be 14 and I was exactly like you and who every other "Fjortis" is, but I also know how it is to be a 18 year old, I know how it is to be a 20 year old and so on, which means I have more life knowlage then you do, which you will get as you grow

This was my first and last post on this topic, I hope you can lern something from it or atleast look back at it and see who you ware then and who you are now (future you ) and see what we see, that you don't see at this moment of time.

I wish you the best life you can possibly have, be a child when you have the chance, you will never get that chance ever again and you will look back at it thinking how easy it was. That's what my parents told me, I never belived them, being older would be the best thing on earth, I was wrong about that as most, atleast 90% percent of what my parents told me, which I obviously regret now that I didn't listen to! Adaults know more as they have experienced more not because they are smarter or less stupid.

And remeber that being an adult doesn't mean that you won't see a video game and go out killing someone. There are prime examples of adults that might not have matured or just have been manipulated, been depressed for various reason into actions.

/Alexander
AKA SilentTrigger

My photography website

Old 12-15-2010, 04:24 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

I understand ST. I was wrong to call it stupidity, it was just how they were raised/what they were told, i see that now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTrigger*MFA* View Post
How can you kill a deer when you would never kill a human?

Because a person you trust in and belive in has told you that it's okey to kill a deer but not a human. You might not belive this but this person could in very little time get you to kill another person. I would of never belived this as a 14 year old myself because I knew everything about myself and I knew exactly what was right or wrong. Which with age and maturing I know that I didn't know, I could have killed a person if someone I trust and belive in have told me to do so.
I killed a deer because venison tastes good, and there is an insane increase in the doe population around here. i only saw one buck, and it was a little one. Also, tbh (and i know im kinda contradicting myself because of what else is in the paragraph, and u prolly expected me to say this but....) i doubt anybody i trust would come up to me and tell me to kill somebody, and if they did, i wouldn't do it. just the thought of taking the life of somebody sends small chills up my body. i was raised to not do things like that. somebody asked if i wanted to smoke some pot earlier this month, i said f*** off and got on with my day. why? because i know its wrong.

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

R.I.P Murphy
Old 12-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
im only 14 lol.

i cant play any of the new games on my pc yet, once i get a new cpu and gpu then maybe
we can tell your a young man

1.) you should never ask about thing like the telephone, toaster oven, Tv-Set (unless you like to run the computer on the screen of it) like toilet seat has gone bad & what should i do about it? or some other thing that goes around the home! that's what your mother and father or family members are for! we not there to see it first hand to get a feel of it! to understand why things need tobe return, replace, why its broken, why it not working right!

2.) game wise it good to ask people here to get tip or learn something about the game and get better with skill's in the game beside hardware for the computer video card, mouse...ect

*lay off the house hold item here OK, talk it over with your family most of the time they know how to handle them things right.

*get a bad item return it asap and get another item like it or your money back. before time runs out on returning them back to the store. you can do that in one day. save a lot the headaches for you! even online store most of them will take a item back as soon you call them fast! to let them know it was a bad item when you got it.

*personally i can care less you hunt or not it fine ether way with me!
nice looking deer anyways! i would love to seen you got a bigger rack on them 12-16 pointer, but hey it cool! bigger means larger in-size

i some time i like talk my aunts dog buddy! who like to run off 3am in the morning and she call me to go get him, one of these days i going to take a gun to that little buddy and sleep real nice ever after!

talk about funny thing is cool too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Play in servers closer to you or get another ISP.. Or shoot when going around the corner
this is a very good tip scott gave! lower the ping are better for you means the ISP server is closer to your location were you live in your part of the world!
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-16-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:51 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Stop taking it so personally, you're probably part of a small minority of your generation that is in touch with the real world, and will be able to make those 'right vs wrong' decisions for yourself.

The point we are trying to make is not everyone has that ability at your age. Take school kids as an example, jocks and popular people.. they all follow each other because it's what they know. They are so easily influenced by other people.

If you fell into the wrong crowd, they may persuade you its okey to attack other people for the fun of it, which will then turn into seriously harming someone, and possibly killing.

They real point is that a lot of kids are exposed to video games, so naturally it has an influence on how they react in real life. I can see it in myself, I've played a lot of FPS games, so in real life i have a short temper, i react quickly without thinking about the situation, and generally quite aggressively, even towards my parents, I argue with them a lot because I'm in the frame of mind where I snap back very easily.

But as long as you can see these traits forming before they become a problem, then that's great. To me that is a very mature thing as long as you act on it and stop yourself from getting to that point.

Video games are propaganda. And as we know, that is a very powerful brainwashing tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 12-16-2010, 08:43 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Stop taking it so personally, you're probably part of a small minority of your generation that is in touch with the real world, and will be able to make those 'right vs wrong' decisions for yourself.

The point we are trying to make is not everyone has that ability at your age. Take school kids as an example, jocks and popular people.. they all follow each other because it's what they know. They are so easily influenced by other people.

If you fell into the wrong crowd, they may persuade you its okey to attack other people for the fun of it, which will then turn into seriously harming someone, and possibly killing.

They real point is that a lot of kids are exposed to video games, so naturally it has an influence on how they react in real life. I can see it in myself, I've played a lot of FPS games, so in real life i have a short temper, i react quickly without thinking about the situation, and generally quite aggressively, even towards my parents, I argue with them a lot because I'm in the frame of mind where I snap back very easily.

But as long as you can see these traits forming before they become a problem, then that's great. To me that is a very mature thing as long as you act on it and stop yourself from getting to that point.

Video games are propaganda. And as we know, that is a very powerful brainwashing tool.
OK, sorry for taking it personally Simon. I am kind of the same, except with the arguing with my parents and the snap back easily parts. my comebacks are basically nonexistent, i would have to think about a situation i could get in, then think of a comeback, earlier that day, or i just walk away from an argument then face thinking of a really great comeback either a few minutes to a few hours or even a day after the argument...it sucks actually, lol. i agrue better thru text :P . But yeah, sorry for taking it personally.

R.I.P Murphy
Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM
ShadowZ is offline ShadowZ
Chick Magnet(?)

Hey Simon, games are not propaganda, but they are used as a medium for said propaganda.

Btw, Redrum, if you ever do get the chance you really should read up on some psychology books. It's rather depressing once you know that most people are no better than animals, though.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:33 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

cod sucks, anyways. It's designed so the player can run around and kill **** ... as far as I can tell. I've played cod on my ps3 for quite some time now .. there is NO structure to it. players seemingly just spawn in random ass places, so there really is no "side" ... it's just a free for all. I cannot see how anyone could feel competitive while playing this horrific game.

and the story line sucks. It's basically how American's (mostly rednecks) wished this ongoing "war" played out. Just the perfect scenario of "brown people" taking over because they're evil terrorists.

like said before, you are not the only one who experiences lag in the said game ... it's pretty much everyone. This is due to the most wonderful idea in the world: not having dedicated serves. once again, anther uber fail for cod.

addressing you getting pissed off ... it's called "nerd rage" .. everyone gets it .. just try not to destroy too much ****. here's a good tip: never buy a wireless mouse ... they're way too easy to throw.

i play scII .. and when some ass hole 6-pools me... i put my rage face on ... because i hate scumbags that pull **** like that
Old 12-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:

Time is the teacher
Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo- View Post
here's a good tip: never buy a wireless mouse ... they're way too easy to throw.
ahem, have i not gotten the point yet that i dont get mad at computer games? i was talking about xbox 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowZ View Post
Btw, Redrum, if you ever do get the chance you really should read up on some psychology books. It's rather depressing once you know that most people are no better than animals, though.
actually, after getting this off my chest, i havent thrown anything...at all. its weird.

R.I.P Murphy