Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
College is starting...

Well i started college classes today and i was wonder who was all going to college and if so what college you are going to...

I am going to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (it is a branch off of Pittsburgh)

Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

i've been in class :o
Old 08-27-2007, 07:48 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
what college you going to??

Old 08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
A lot of my friends are going to the same college as you Sharp. I'm going to York College... was gonna go to Dickinson, but I can't afford the 42k a year for tuition.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Been there done that for now!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 08-28-2007, 08:20 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazz
A lot of my friends are going to the same college as you Sharp. I'm going to York College... was gonna go to Dickinson, but I can't afford the 42k a year for tuition.
ooo you from Pennsylvania Spazz??

Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

university of central florida .. bulls

pre-med xD
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
shutup. Yes, Sharp, I am.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:39 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
School started ages ago for me. It's Week 8 and it's Term 3. I think we got like two more weeks yet (woot!). BTW, over here in NZ, college is school for 13-18 year olds (hence the rest of you guys are talking about uni ).

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-29-2007, 03:56 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
School started ages ago for me. It's Week 8 and it's Term 3. I think we got like two more weeks yet (woot!). BTW, over here in NZ, college is school for 13-18 year olds (hence the rest of you guys are talking about uni ).

Chris
don't think there are in the same class of learning as you are chrispy at all.

College course cost big time, not the same as public children's schooling 1-12th grade they move on from that.

i taken some big ben (been a long time don't remember the name offhand) College course in service 2yrs of, then drop it never gone be-on that point

as for the age thing it same here in the U.S as will, 12-18 count how great they are on the testing

12-14 we call them whizkid for a reason. College student don't think much of these kids when they are in the same clase with them, its a age thing and being underage don't help ether the law deal of it

them whizkids be jumping grade real fast! going pass or jump grade levels a lot.

i only seen one of them in my whole life time.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-29-2007 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Good thing that our "colleges" are all free, actually recive money to study at one

They are called "Högskola"

I'm somewhat in college but it's not at the same time. It's alot better then College, luxuary in it's greatest!

I'm earning the best education possible in my field in Sweden and no college can compete, just don't have the same founding and resources, people from all over Sweden attend this "school"

My photography website

Old 08-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
I got one more year to go before I can go to college, but I'm probably going to VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) for Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Law Enforcement, havn't choose which one to do yet..

Old 08-29-2007, 12:27 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
as for the age thing it same here in the U.S as will, 12-18 count how great they are on the testing

12-14 we call them whizkid for a reason. College student don't think much of these kids when they are in the same clase with them, its a age thing and being underage don't help ether the law deal of it

them whizkids be jumping grade real fast! going pass or jump grade levels a lot.

i only seen one of them in my whole life time.
i think there is one in my Chemistry class because she looks like she is around the age of 14-15 lol

Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM

There's this 14yr old boy at my school which is like Year 12. In other words, he's 14 and he's in a 17yr-based class.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger*MFA*
Good thing that our "colleges" are all free, actually recive money to study at one

They are called "Högskola"

I'm somewhat in college but it's not at the same time. It's alot better then College, luxuary in it's greatest!

I'm earning the best education possible in my field in Sweden and no college can compete, just don't have the same founding and resources, people from all over Sweden attend this "school"
*straying from the topic for a second*

Wouldn't mind living in Sweden. The education system is great there in certain aspects. However, I heard (please note the heard, and I don't know for sure) that they choose what you study in college and highschool. I heard they test you, and what you excel in they'll push you into.

However I'm just glad I'm not in college yet, got quite a bit AP classes though.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Rampage.
I got one more year to go before I can go to college, but I'm probably going to VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) for Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Law Enforcement, havn't choose which one to do yet..
i would go for the Computer Science reason there money in that big time.

Law Enforcement will its no brainer in that you find a lot of people in trouble and headackes in court systems. beside there really no big money in it to make, besides hardships with family life as will.

cons: some will get away with crime and walk away from court of law and you put your life on the line for do a good deed? i mean the pay sucks

pro: you feel you did your best and maybe save a life. not the same as a fire fighter. Law Enforcement you will get shot at by chance are greater then a fire fighter.

join the service see the world and after 3yrs if you like leave that life and go into Law Enforcement at lease you would know about weapons then
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-29-2007, 10:59 PM

I think my brother is studying law enforcement - he may want to be a lawyer in the future.

You get paid in Swede to learn? That would seriously get dropouts workin'... lol.

Chris
Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

but how good is the education in Sweden??

Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

"I heard (please note the heard, and I don't know for sure) that they choose what you study in college and highschool. I heard they test you, and what you excel in they'll push you into."

I guess we have a new myth here It's false, you're the one in charge and you make the choice You can however get guidence

Sharp, hard to say, it's in the upper part of the list atleast

And yes we get paid, from Highschool and above. You have 240 weeks (does not include Highschool) of payment that you can utilise and after that you can take a loan at very good rates (can take a loan and get money at the same time if you need some extra )

My photography website

Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger*MFA*
"I heard (please note the heard, and I don't know for sure) that they choose what you study in college and highschool. I heard they test you, and what you excel in they'll push you into."

I guess we have a new myth here It's false, you're the one in charge and you make the choice You can however get guidence

Sharp, hard to say, it's in the upper part of the list atleast

And yes we get paid, from Highschool and above. You have 240 weeks (does not include Highschool) of payment that you can utilise and after that you can take a loan at very good rates (can take a loan and get money at the same time if you need some extra )
maybe i'll go to college in sweden i just don't speak swedish which would be a bit hard.