Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 10-23-2002, 08:47 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Plain For Panther!

http://www.f-asmussen.dk/DFTFD/index.htm

This site 'Dreamkillers' is distributing maps. (839) in total according to the webmaster.
What I want to know is has there been any correspondance between you and he?

I know for a fact that some of the maps he has, (And he has graciously allowed visitors to download them), are from DFHQ because some of them are mine and I have only ever sent any of my maps to DFHQ.

The webmaster has taken his own Screenies of each map and has endeavoured to try and give the map makers credit, however only two of my five maps he has on his server are accredited to me, the other three having the name section left blank, presumably because he doesnt have the information to hand.

Essentially I dont have a huge problem with this, because the maps appear unchanged and no attempt has been made to accredit himself with their manufacture. I hand my maps over to DFHQ so they can be used by anyone who wants them and I have a personal philosophy that people can use anything I produce over the web for their own ends, as long as they dont take credit for it in the first place.

However, they link to dfhq only in their LINKS section and as far as I can tell that is the only reference I can find to the site I now suspect he has taken the majority of his content from.

I think this is wrong. I also dont like the fact that some of my maps dont have my name next to the files.

Just thought you would like to know. It may well be that he asked you before hand.

Old 10-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Yea i seen that awhile back and noticed that he had my map, but I havent sent it to anyone. (Not even nova arena but they have it, so does DF:TF ). It dosen't bother me because he didnt take the description or the ss from dfhq. Instead he made his own but downloaded the file (which I do not own in the first place). But it is a bit unfair that we had to get every single map that we have by user submission and have never taken a map off another site. Oh well.. not much use making a big fuss about it.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-15-2002, 03:36 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
pather it would be nice even they did get it from DFHQ make a ref/were they got it from be nice yea it should not be done take a map from one site then add it to thier's site without asking to do this.

i have gotting some item from DFHQ in the pass but i stop it now days i made a link for them to get item's, by checking out DFHQ site from my url.

ok got to ask this 2-things;
1.) do you have a page with screen savers on it.
2.) been thinking of making screen saver for DF-Serials but don't have the tools to do it with can you name some to me so i can look them up ether to download the tool to make screen saver or to buy the program to use.

P.s
by the way here a new wallpaper i made here the link: www.geocities.com/chiefadf/DFSerials.jpg

been great cya later you can email me any time pather

remark: do you have a gamer name when you play in the DF-Serials think i seen you in DF:TFD Or DF:LW asking to play DF2 last week or so
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-15-2002 at 03:42 AM.