Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 12-02-2002, 09:51 PM
Double is offline Double

Send a message via ICQ to Double
Panther (?)

Hey a question for you, im in a little pickle... i was wondering how Copyright works, in general? And what i can do to get this certain somebody to remove whats mine etc

Heres what i mean, and he wont obligue.

Our Site (Made By Me) Everything
Http://triple3.net

The Lamers/Rip Offs
http://www.squadtx.cjb.net/

I read the link where it talks about copyright on your site etc
I was wondering if you could explain in details, and what i could do... if you had sometime, thanks!
Old 12-02-2002, 10:43 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

well im not panther (id hope you know that) or a USA legal wiz but id say id you made EVERYTHING youd have at the very least intlectual property rights if not more

http://whatiscopyright.org/ is a good start to find out your rights
Old 12-02-2002, 10:45 PM
Double is offline Double

Been there done that :P
I just dont understand what you can do, i mean is there some kind of penalty or way to resolve the problem, so that this particular person will not and cannot use my website graphics in the future?
Old 12-02-2002, 10:48 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

well i'd find his host and report him, most hosts will ban him for that, if you want i can look into international treaties to see what you can do there.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:50 PM
Double is offline Double

If you wouldnt mind, id like to resolve this problem asap.

ICQ me if you come up with anything 73449268

Thanks bud
Old 12-03-2002, 12:16 AM
(Old)
Unregistered

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ66.html this is for the copyright office of the united states re:Copyright Registration for Online Works

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html is explaining copyright, of particual interest to you probably is, how to secure copyright

Last edited by (Old); 12-03-2002 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:51 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
tell him to close it or u will contact the ISP.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:00 PM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

triple x.. triple threat.. heh man ive never seen anything quite like this.,.. keep posting if anything happens.. im very interested

Old 12-03-2002, 06:10 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

he's hosted by http://darkblizzard.com/ i really dont get why hes using a cjb.net name he has a TLD
Old 12-05-2002, 03:14 AM
Peter204 is offline Peter204

Hi,

If you email me at peter@darkblizzard.com with all the details I'll look into this for you.

Peter
Old 12-05-2002, 03:21 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
As far as I am aware as this would be a civil dispute there is very little you could do in most western law without a good lawyer and that costs cash money.
Also it does depend on the laws governing the country where the SERVER actually is.
Therefore if his host has his information on a server in Lithuania and they don't recognise HTML as intellectual copyright then you would get no where.
It would appear your best bet is indeed to threaten him with an ISP report, and then actually report him to his ISP.
Your own ISP may also be a good place to offer support to you.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:31 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Just as an aside however because I see the guy has changed his site now.
I can download many free scripts and utilities from sites like DFHQ and hotscripts.com for my own use on a website.
I learned much of what I know from 'ripping off' code, as did the webmaster of this one we are in right now.
Apart from the obvious point of a squads identity etc, what is exactly the great issue in someone utilising your code for their own ends?
Would perhaps not have been better to offer the use of your scripts in return for acknowledgement and a change of design?

I know how much work goes into sites because I dabble myself but if you are not making money and he is not making money what really and truly is the harm done that would bring you to feeling you have to take such drastic action?

Please don't reply angrily because I sympathise. Im just concerned that your feeling that you have had to introduce a no-right click script into your site belies the point of the internet for communities like ours, which is the transfer of free information.
No-right Click suggests you have something no one else can't emmulate just by looking at the site and that you feel the need to censor the greatest move toward free expression and speech that the free world has ever enjoyed.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:47 AM
Double is offline Double

Well first off id like to thank yall for your support, and as you now can see he has changed the layout etc, My biggest problem that i had was the Identity of There Squad With Mine, i mean he basically made a copy of Triple Threat, stole some of our graphics, made the site totally indentical, from what was wrote, to what was displayed. Honestly i could care less for the scripts/codes etc, I mean i dont know how to script my own so i like many others go to scripting places where the offer such things.

I basically put the No-right Click script on there, to keep those Site "Newbies", from easily right clicking and saving whatever graphic i might have present on our site, as most and more intermediate people know, you can easily go to view source from the top of the page, find the link to the main pic itself, and there ya go its yours for the taking.

Though the guy has apoligized, after many arguements of whats mine and what he beleived to be his. It has been resolved though. For now hopefully :P

Anyways thanks for the support all
-Double
Old 12-14-2002, 05:08 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Double
Triple Threat

man your site is really nice getting some of them programs downloaded nice job.

by the way that other site its is a bet lam, look like they are new and try to copy off other's site to make it up fast & cheap
they don't have any match's they may have done win's or lose
this tell me they really don't know sh_t at all.

cheap sites like that don't last to long think they going to be history anyway 1-members/no history matches/downloads.

yep only one member listed up: Bio}{azard

if i was you i'll try to fore get them they be gone in 6mo-year.

good note you know of really bad players pass them on to him act like you helping him out you have the last luagh on that feel better to knowing you got even with him for his B/S
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]