Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:23 PM
raptor46 is offline raptor46

How to convert DFX .3DI format models to .OBJ?

Newbie here, greetings

I have been using the file Illuminator made to import files in the .3di format of BHD into Milkshape 3d for months without any problem. I can convert each model to .OBJ & then I like to do a few edits on them

But how about DFX? Something like this was made for BHD before, so is it made for Xtreme as well? I've never heard of it, but it would be nice if it someone did it. It would obviously be good to deal with some Xtreme models too, for me. Don't know the rest

So, can someone constitute an importer file for DFX .3di format models to this Milkshape3d program or any other 3d program? Even if it has never been done before

That could have helped me actually.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2021, 03:45 AM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Try this program, add 3di's into folder. Click on the 3DI2OBJ bat file and the obj will show in the .obj folder.
You can either import into Milkshape or what ever you want to use then.

http://www.nova-outpost.com/files/3D...rt%201.0.2.zip
Old 04-22-2021, 05:19 AM

This program has worked well for me, thanks. It saddens me that the models have only one level of detail. But at this time, I can reduce the number of faces in the models by using Blender's "decimate faces" feature for each time
Old 05-02-2021, 09:04 AM

Now I think I'm facing another issue. Although I have used all the DDS converter tools I have, I haven't been able to convert DFX .dds image files to JPG or PNG format. Even online converters have failed. It's clear that it's an old & no longer usable format

My simple question is, what's the way to convert DFX's .dds files to JPG/PNG or maybe TGA file? Any access, any tip would be handy for me actually at this point

Btw I can easily open & view BHD's .DDS image files with any dds converter. Except for DFX, I picked the most cursed game I guess. The downside is that DFX's .TGA files are also faulty & I cannot open them neither in any program since I opened DFX resource.pff with PFF Extractor.

3Di models were the only ones that opened, thanks to you Blade. But I don't know about UV coordinates situation atm. Maybe if I can convert the dds textures to jpg, then I'll get the UV coordinates error this time maybe & the textures will look very distorted. I think I need a new DFX resource.pff file from someone, mine could be damaged somehow - So I'm very uncertain, need some support on that issue, really

Thanks

Last edited by raptor46; 05-02-2021 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:14 PM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
the DDS files have to be decrypted first

https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=325
BFC1Extractor, use it to decrypt file them use in what ever paint program that supports dds files. I use Photoshop with dds plugin.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:26 AM

When I opened those 'encrypted' .DDS & .TGA files in the HxD HEX editor yesterday, I saw the BFC text on the very first line, it has become more clear what it is about right now. One of my buddies said that he saw the BFC writing too. I looked at these tools yesterday on this site, but I mustn't have paid much attention to the instructions below

Currently, I can decrypt encrypted .DDS & .TGA files by clicking on BFC1Extractor.exe as I want. With the help of TextureFinder.exe also, I place the necessary textures into the objects. There seems to be no issue, for now. Glad you answered, Blade
Old 01-07-2024, 09:13 AM
Tomkat is offline Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BLÃÐE~ View Post
Try this program, add 3di's into folder. Click on the 3DI2OBJ bat file and the obj will show in the .obj folder.
You can either import into Milkshape or what ever you want to use then.

http://www.nova-outpost.com/files/3D...rt%201.0.2.zip

That link is no good... any idea where I can get the tool?
Old 01-19-2024, 11:03 AM
satrebor is offline satrebor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
That link is no good... any idea where I can get the tool?
You can import it with ultimate unwrap 3d, dont forget to install .3di plugin.