Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: God or No god?
yes 44 63.77%
no 21 30.43%
I don't know I stupid because I don't have an opinion 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Send a message via ICQ to Alcide Send a message via AIM to Alcide Send a message via Yahoo to Alcide
When I think of human cloneing I think of halo's master cheif. Military use! God gave us freewill and we are using it, I think cloneing is no different from giving birth to a baby. As for abortion, im pro. Specially in the arabian countries where the population is out of control, and here in the states also. 350 children die every 13 seconds because of desease, starvation, premature sitafects(w/e cant spell it), others. Only reason why they dont get abortion or take birth pills is... Religion... They believe, for some reason, that god is giving them all these children, to die. I mean god damn, wake up and smell the roses, if you cant take care of a child then dont get it! Do you think god would want a baby to live its life in misery because his mom was to young to take care of him. Alls Im saying is if you can take care of the child, then do it, dont give it up. But if you are 15 years old, dont have a job, and are pregnant, Abortion is a good thing to do.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:09 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

You make some good points there Black6~ODA~ but I guess the question about God is a very difficult one to answer, after all we are just people and we can never really know until our lives are over.

We are very advanced as a race now and we stand on the thresh hold of being able to create life itself (cloning) and this is going to be our biggest test as human beings. Let us all hope we are not opening Pandora's box and creating some thing we may live to regret.

Life itself seems to be very random, if there is a divine plan, then none of us mortals can understand it but our beliefs can be very dangerous when they divide us one against another, if there is a God I'm sure he would want us to live in peace with each other but in the world in which we live, that is not always possible.

Warm Regards
Old 09-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Black6~ODA~ is offline Black6~ODA~

Send a message via ICQ to Black6~ODA~
All we can do is live out our lives the best way possible, which would not only guarntee us heaven, if you are a believer, but a good life. You don't hear about many criminals living the good life.

As for abortion, I'm not for it, but I do believe in preventing it, lol. Take the pill, or when your old, have your tubes tide, if your in a third world nation and can't afford these, then you damn sure can't afford an abortion.

As for cloning, now thats it started, you can't stop it. Its human nature to explore, no matter how bad for us it may be. Eventually its going to be like the birth control issue, your going to have some right wing radicals going vigilante and killing the left wing radicals, and then the other way round. It will bring discrimination to an all time high, almost like the South during the reconstruction period all the way through the 1970s and its still deep throughout the whole country. I don't if yall have heard, but they have crossed the genetics of monekys and jelly fish to see if it could be done, then they crossed goats with spiders so that their milk produces that fiber that spiders use to make web. The reason being that that fiber is the strongest known to man.

I see a number of things threatening humans on the horizon, fact is, our species of human will be extinct one day and a new one will take our place, or new animal. Though look on the bright side... it ain't happening in our time, and for a quite a few more generations. Our children will have to attempt to undo our problems.

ROFL, now this is totally off subject.
"Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarass my country."
The Ranger Creed
Old 09-25-2003, 10:45 PM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Send a message via ICQ to Alcide Send a message via AIM to Alcide Send a message via Yahoo to Alcide
actually its on topic, because it involves religion
Old 09-27-2003, 11:53 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by moreph
this is an example of how relgion causes so many problems in the world today, do u really think there would be so much violence if there was no religon? Al Queda etc and even here in the west, protistants and catholic problems in ireland etc
As long as people can deal with the fact that people has got different opinions and thoughts about things, there should not be a problem...

I doesnt bother me if people think there is a god, but it seems that people who belive there is one has a hard time accepting that there are people with the opesit belife...

Al queda have a problem with the gouvermount and the opression of them self, i dont think it has much to do with religon, there have been a grunt between USA and Al Queda (bin laden) a long time before the 11th september attack...

My photography website

Old 09-27-2003, 11:58 AM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralPatton
There totally is a God! Im a very religious man!! Read a Bible and You'll see there is a God and hopefully you'll be saved by the lord!
I have read the bible, I dont belive in god, its all about how you intupitate things. Like the koran, its inturpetated differently but different people...

My photography website

Old 09-27-2003, 03:36 PM
GeneralPatton is offline GeneralPatton

Send a message via AIM to GeneralPatton
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger
I have read the bible, I dont belive in god, its all about how you intupitate things. Like the koran, its inturpetated differently but different people...
You do have a good point! I have looked at many other religions before and looked into their perspective of things but it all just doesn't seem true to me. I've doubted Christianity many times myself wondering how the heck could there be a heaven up there and a hell with a God that created all of us and how it would be when we die! I guess the only thing I can really say is we have to wait and find out!
Old 09-27-2003, 06:03 PM
-1PARA-

If we ever find out, it was also ment to say "by" and not "but" my bad...

My photography website

Old 09-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Lottery is offline Lottery

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralPatton
There totally is a God! Im a very religious man!! Read a Bible and You'll see there is a God and hopefully you'll be saved by the Lord!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:03 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
See, this is the kind of discussion I was hoping for
Old 09-29-2003, 08:15 AM
Alcide is offline Alcide

One question which inevitably comes up in a discussion of this nature is what is the origin of God? If God created matter/energy, and designed the systems that have propelled matter into its present arrangement, who or what accomplished that for God? Why is it any more reasonable to believe that God has always “been” than it is to say that matter has always “been”? As Carl Sagan has said, “If we say that God has always been, why not save a step and conclude that the universe has always been?”
Old 09-29-2003, 09:52 AM
-1PARA-

God was created by a big explotion in the universe!

My photography website

Old 09-29-2003, 04:21 PM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Old 09-29-2003, 06:24 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger
God was created by a big explotion in the universe!

hahahahahahah oh my god hahahahah
Old 09-30-2003, 09:48 AM
-1PARA-

What?? It could have happend/happen!

My photography website

Old 09-30-2003, 04:05 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

As with all questions about religion we can have no idea if a God exists or made us and indeed where he/she came from. We don't know for certain how we got here or if there is any universal plan for us initiated by a supreme being or if we are just a random occurence in the universe.

Some of us seek answers in the bible or the koran but those books were written by men who claim they are the word of a living God, we have no way of knowing if these books do hold the key to our origins.

As I've said in previous posts on this subject, we must all seek our own answers and decide as individuals what we believe but I can never accept that any God could proclaim that taking another human beings life is ever, under any circumstances, is justified and when we see the actions of those extremeists who perpetrated the dreadful attack on the world trade centre, it must throw into question all religious beliefs as no where in either the koran or the bible does it say we should take human life.

"Thou shall not kill" is plain enough for any one to understand but in this world in which we live, we some times have no choice but to fight wars and some times, take life in the defence of our freedom.

Religion is a shroud that those with evil intention can hide behind and there are those poor, simple souls who believe that to sacrifice your life in the name of your God is your solemn duty. These people are misled by these maniacs and convinced that taking life and sacrificing your own life in the process is justified in my honest opinion religion in the 21st century is becoming irrelavent, I'm not saying any one should stop holding their own religious beliefs, but we should question any ideal or belief that leads us to murder each other in the name of any God.

Regards
Old 10-01-2003, 08:10 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

what i see in the world today.... it seems like theres a new religion that mankind seems to put their faith in it --> Science + Technology + Media = OUR BRAIN. If you've notice all the great minds in the world are free thinkers + idealist. Their mind surpressed all the teachings in the Quran, Bible... etc.

My other question is (unrelated to main topic)... Is there such a perfect person in this world that hasn't commit any of these 7 Deadly Sins?

1) Lust (who could resist pre-maritial sex?)
2) Anger (how i felt everytime towards my boss)
3) Pride (my comic book, video games + toy collections)
4) Envy (your neighbours' nissan skyline)
5) Gluttony (Big whopper with cheese + fries + milk shakes)
6) Covetousness (your buddy's "hot" girlfriend making a pass on you)
7) Sloth (sundays... sobering up - post party)

I know if I die today... HELL definitely has a "Suite" for me. LOL! Anyway... I do believe in God. You only have to know where to draw the line between reality and believe/faith.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:45 AM
Hulk is offline Hulk

Send a message via ICQ to Hulk
eek Is there or isn't there ?

If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes ?

The quran koran and bible were all written by men, not any god.

I don't know why we are here. I'm just glad that I am here.

Wouldn't it be safer to believe in God. I mean if you're wrong the worst that can happen is you go to hell. But, if you're right whoo hoo !!!

If the universe started with a big bang. What precipitated the big bang ? So we appeared out of nothing ?

Religion is about faith, faith in what you believe to be. Faith in the teaching that you should be a good person because if your not you will suffer horrible consequences.

Sounds like something a mother would say to keep the kids in line. hmm....
Old 10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

Its always the older people are more religious than the younger people. Maybe when you're young u wanna enjoy life to the fullest and you'll tell yourself... when I get older then I'll be more faithfull.... and when you get older, you tend to be more faithfull in hope that it'll cover back the sins that you've done when you're younger. Ironic ainnit? This is what I've noticed so far.....
Old 10-01-2003, 12:08 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I think Hulk has made some very good points in his post. Scientists tell us the universe began with a big bang but they don't tell us why there was such an event. I suppose these eminent men and women have access to more information about space via the various space probes that have been launched over the last 30 years or so however, at best they can only make an educated guess and have no definitive proof of how our universe began.

Religion conveniently fills in the missing gaps that science can't explain but that in turn requires a belief in the supernatural and the existence of a God of some kind.

Early civilisations had creation myths but believed in a number of different gods including a sun god and a lot of other deity's that explained why the world was and how it came to be.

There are still a number of different religions today and they in turn refer to a number of different gods or profits but they also say their is only one true god. The problem is that all these different religions claim their god is the only true god!

Those different beliefs still cause war and violence although they all claim to be believers in the word of their seperate gods and they all claim theirs is a god of peace, ironic is it not that they continue to wage war on other religions and non believers, especially as they all say they believe in peace!

I think animal-mutha has nmade a good point too, religion is more important to the older generation and they tend to be much more devout in their beliefs.

Maybe it is a form of insurance if you live a sinful life whilst young and then become deeply religious as you grow older and prepare for what ever awaits you at the moment of death.

One thing is certain, we will all find out one way or another folks!

Regards