Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Sigs and Graphics

Sigs and Graphics Show off your sigs/graphics or request your own

Old 12-24-2009, 03:46 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
vB Forum Skin

Forum skin I'm working on. Currently in very early stages. Thanks to scott for pointing me in the right direction with the forum categories

Comments please. Any ideas on how to make it better?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:42 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

I'm not one for analysing things, so to me it looks damn good so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 12-24-2009, 08:10 PM
varg is offline varg

Send a message via ICQ to varg
It's a bit difficult to provide good feedback without knowing more about the project, but..
My first impression of it is quite good. I really like the "racing colors" with the brighter yellow/orange adding some nice dynamic to darker background.

I'm guessing that the 'Brandzone' and 'Dell' boxes are meant for ads/sponsors, the Dell boxes are very (read: too) dominating, but again you did not mention if there are restrictions put on the design as far as adsize+placement goes. So maybe this is something you can't decide yourself.

The blue "go to top" icons on the right side should be customized to fit the overall colortemplate better.
The footer is something like 8 lines long, much because of the timezone and the space before it. This could be improved.

My major concern with your design now, is that it looks like you haven't decided IF you want to use rounded corners or not. This makes the overall design feeling a bit messy. I don't mean that you either have to use rounded corners *everywhere or *nowhere. But if you use them, make sure to be a little consequent with them. the radius of the corner of the category header is imho too big. And I think each category should have rounded corners on the bottom aswell. similar to the dell boxes.

I think you are off to a very good start, it just needs to be tightened a little bit.

MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I'm guessing that the 'Brandzone' and 'Dell' boxes are meant for ads/sponsors, the Dell boxes are very (read: too) dominating, but again you did not mention if there are restrictions put on the design as far as adsize+placement goes. So maybe this is something you can't decide yourself.
Yeah, right now I am just expirementing with the ad placements and sizes. When I started designing the sponsors boxes, I started out small and will probably revert to that design, but I wanted them to stick out and catch everyone's eyes. I think I made a mistake in doing that though. I'll see where I go and post a new update here soon.

Quote:
The blue "go to top" icons on the right side should be customized to fit the overall colortemplate better.
A work in progress I've not yet converted all the images over yet. Actually, I haven't even messed with any of the actual buttons yet, just the main skin as far as graphics and colors go.

Quote:
The footer is something like 8 lines long, much because of the timezone and the space before it. This could be improved.
To be fixed...I had it shortened and all in a footer box which will most likely be fixed and reverted back to the original footer I had set. It looked a lot better and fit the template better.

Quote:
My major concern with your design now, is that it looks like you haven't decided IF you want to use rounded corners or not. This makes the overall design feeling a bit messy. I don't mean that you either have to use rounded corners *everywhere or *nowhere. But if you use them, make sure to be a little consequent with them. the radius of the corner of the category header is imho too big. And I think each category should have rounded corners on the bottom aswell. similar to the dell boxes.
Very true. When I started the template I wanted round corners, but my mind wanders a lot when I'm in photoshop and the header image warped into square corners. I will most likely stick with the square corners and change the forum category images to square corners. Oh, and I am also working on images for the bottom of the forum categories

Thanks for the comments though. As I stated in my first post, it's in very early stages and I don't expect it to be finished for a while. I am planning on designing it and putting it up for sale, but I'm not positive yet.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:55 PM
varg is offline varg

Send a message via ICQ to varg
I would suggest that you design the template pixelperfect first, using only photoshop. When the design is done, you worry about how you are going to slice/code it.

This way you can change stuff around a lot easier when designing and not really having to stop to figure out how to do something in css/html all the time.
It'll save you time AND you'll have more fun and more creativity while doing it!

MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:42 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

That's how I usually do it, but I like a challenge so doing both at the same time works out better for me
Old 12-25-2009, 11:05 AM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

lower the opac on the pattern, its a bit too much.

the very top image and very bottom image (with the rss image and contract us link) have a distracting border. it could be my computer im on though. ill check from my computer when i get back to the apartment.

also, i dont know if i like the nav bar extending out past the rest of the layout. it kinda breaks the flow from the layout.

but hell man, great work. i wish i had the professional style you have. definitely a good skill.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:18 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeFuss View Post

the very top image and very bottom image (with the rss image and contract us link) have a distracting border. it could be my computer im on though. ill check from my computer when i get back to the apartment.

also, i dont know if i like the nav bar extending out past the rest of the layout. it kinda breaks the flow from the layout.

but hell man, great work. i wish i had the professional style you have. definitely a good skill.
haha, you noob the pattern is there because I posted it on my facebook and people have tried ripping my stuff from facebook before. I thought that same thing about the nav at first, but the more I look at it now, the more I like it.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Cardiac

lol, ive seen you do that before and so have i, but usually it is with words not patterns.

anyways. yeah its nice as always mate.

dont call me a noob
Old 12-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

good work so far. really liking the color combo.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 12-26-2009, 03:21 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

another preview - some stuff added, more coding completed.

the pattern on the image is to prevent others from ripping since I post these on my facebook as well.

oh, btw..since this is an actual style that scott won't have to slice and code, I think I'll throw him the .xml and images to install on novahq if he and everyone else wants
Old 12-26-2009, 05:07 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

I like that pattern on the banner tbh, leave that bit there ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
yum

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 12-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Cardiac

Quote:
little joke...

much better than the first.