Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:00 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene starwind
i did not want to come to this thread but it must be said,

DO YOU REALISE THAT MY DAD IS GOING TO IRAQ IN JANUARY!!!!!
HE IS A BRITISH SOLDIER AND HE IS GOING TO THAT GODFORSAKEN SLAUGHTERHOUSE!
and that hurts

What has this to do with the original post? I know your feelings cuz im beeing shipped there also, upcoming march.

I hope he and all others may come back in 1 piece. Including meself.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 11-21-2003, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP

sorry Iraq people 98% are not right the in the head, they will go nutso real fast. remember they have Teens/Adult go blow them self up for any socall reason they can think of. its sad
Its not about beeing not right in the head. Its there relentless believing in the Islamitic Religion. They are willing to die for there religion and country.

Keep in mind that they have a different way of life then we are used in the Europe and USA, etc.
What we say is extreme, might be normal for them. You cant comparise Islamitic way of life with ours.

try and think about that

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 11-21-2003, 12:51 PM
AmericanSniper is offline AmericanSniper

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanSniper Send a message via AIM to AmericanSniper
just turn the whole country into a glass factory. B-52 arc lights for everyone!!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:16 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
Its not about beeing not right in the head. Its there relentless believing in the Islamitic Religion. They are willing to die for there religion and country.

Keep in mind that they have a different way of life then we are used in the Europe and USA, etc.
What we say is extreme, might be normal for them. You cant comparise Islamitic way of life with ours.

try and think about that
90% are sane the rest are insane, you turned it the wrong way around

And the religion has nothing to do with suicide bombers, those are exteemists...

Another thing, your willing to die for your belife aswell so dont talk down on something when your willing to do the same!

The "Islamitic way of life" is more righteous compared to the western worlds religions! They encuridge treating others equally, ie the woman is equal to the man, more open to beeing gay etc. The exteemists who intupate the koran in their way are the once we see...

Just because some people do something bad, dosnt mean the rest will! Seems as the western world (USA) has a bit weird way of seeing things, seems like most in USA belive what others belive, seems as most dont think for them self, Ie those americans(and others of course) who think its the islamitic religion that give berth to this evil, who thinks the islamitic religion is to blame for the suicide bombers, which is totaly wrong

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 11-21-2003 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:15 PM

Did i read Chief's msg wrong?? okay must be me... Ill sober up and read it again tomorrow.... my bad i guess

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 11-22-2003, 05:55 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Silent are you talking about the same Islamic religion that the Taliban lived by? The laws that forbade women any rights according to their interpretation the Koran? The same religion that sends it's youth to die in such a terrible way whilst the evil people who manipulate their willingness to die continue to spout that the Western world is the home of Satan and all that is evil?

The muslim world is certainly not populated by madmen and and fanatics but there are the kind of people who twist the Islamic religion to their own evil ends.

We in the West live in (for the most part), liberal and tolerant democracies, the same democracies that encompass all religions, all colours, all creeds and allow their peoples much more freedom than can be found any where in the muslim world.

We didn't start this war on terrorism, they attacked us and our way of life and we had no choice but to retaliate, if we had not then they would have seen that as a sign of weakness and we all know where showing weakness and appeasement has led us before.

It is not Islam that is guilty but those who seek to hide behind it for their own very wicked ends.

Regards
Old 11-22-2003, 09:58 AM
-1PARA-

BadDog you just basicly said what i said, i said "The exteemists who intupate the koran in their way are the once we see..." ie the talibans the pure Islamitic Religion is pro equallity, then if someone intupete the religion in a bad way, then its not the religion to blame or those who belive in it, we should blame purly the once that make it evil ie Bin Ladin. There are people who intupete "our" religion in a bad way aswell, should they generilize christianity as the evil?

"Silent are you talking about the same Islamic religion that the Taliban lived by? The laws that forbade women any rights according to their interpretation the Koran? The same religion that sends it's youth to die in such a terrible way whilst the evil people who manipulate their willingness to die continue to spout that the Western world is the home of Satan and all that is evil?"

Im talking about the Islamitic Religion, that is the religion the talibans lives by, yes! Is that what you asked? The pureness of the Koran is written about equllity between women and men, gay and hetro, black and white etc
I dont know what you ware trying to say with that so i cant answer it correctly...

"The muslim world is certainly not populated by madmen and and fanatics but there are the kind of people who twist the Islamic religion to their own evil ends."

As i said!

"We in the West live in (for the most part), liberal and tolerant democracies, the same democracies that encompass all religions, all colours, all creeds and allow their peoples much more freedom than can be found any where in the muslim world."

What do you mean buy the muslim world, were not talking religion now, we're all of a sudden talking politics?
The western world are taking their freedom away from them, we have freedom, we had freedom on the 11 september 2001 aswell, fredom here isnt as fradgile as it is in the middle east.

"We didn't start this war on terrorism, they attacked us and our way of life and we had no choice but to retaliate, if we had not then they would have seen that as a sign of weakness and we all know where showing weakness and appeasement has led us before.

It is not Islam that is guilty but those who seek to hide behind it for their own very wicked ends."

True "It is not Islam that is guilty but those who seek to hide behind it for their own very wicked ends."

But is it right to hide behind the bible and christianity? Have you ever heard a speach from a politican about war, when starting war? The bible and god are reffered in the same way.

And this terrorsit war didnt start yesterday, nor 2 years ago, not even 10 years ago. The western world is equally guilty for it as any middle east country, we all have a part of the reason for it. Terrorism has only incresed after the war in Afganistan and in Iraq, but they are targetting the whole western world now because we didnt stop an invation, that is a fact. The Talibans are once again on a rise in Afganistan, they are coming back with terror greater then before...

Can you also explain why Muslims are prosecuted and treated badly in USA and other countries for what some idiots with the same religion, did? Is that freedom? It is not freedom for the muslims in the western world, not in the extent as others, freedom!

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 11-22-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:53 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Firstly muslims are treated no differently in the U.S.A. or the U.K. or any Western country for that matter, than anyone else. We do not persecute anyone in the West because we are liberal in our attitude to religion, sex, equal rights for all and in our attitude to visitors and those who seek to reside here in the West.

Ours is not a perfect system nor will it ever be but we do tolerate all walks of life and go out of our way to make all welcome. We have elected governments chosen by the free will of the people, we have institutions that date back many years that protect the rights of the citizens of our nations.

How many countries in the Middle East are run by democratically elected governments other than Israel?

To say that the muslim faith allows equality betwen the sexes is ridiculous. Western girls and women dress as they see fit, think what they want and are as equal as men when it comes to making decisions. They are not forced to follow a dress code and nore should they be. They do not take part in arranged marriages, that's something we abolished many years ago.

We do not attempt to brow beat minorities into submission, we do not attack someone because they are christian, muslim, bhuddist or any other religious group or sect. We seek common ground in our dealings with our neighbours and try to do the same thing with other nations around the world.

If the United States and the United Kingdom are so intolerant why do so many muslims wish to live in these countries? Why are there literally thousands of muslims awaiting entry in to my country the U.K.? If we or our American cousins are such bad people, then why do they wish to come here and to the rest of Western Europe?

Could it be they know that they will be given rights and protection that they do not receive in their countries of origin? Is that why so many flock here nad to Europe and the U.S.?

The muslim faith is a great faith and so to is the chrisitian faith, they both preach peace but so many souls have perished in their name over many hundreds of years.

Perhaps a time to call and end to all religion has come?

regards
Old 11-23-2003, 06:05 AM
-1PARA-

"Firstly muslims are treated no differently in the U.S.A. or the U.K. or any Western country for that matter, than anyone else. We do not persecute anyone in the West because we are liberal in our attitude to religion, sex, equal rights for all and in our attitude to visitors and those who seek to reside here in the West."

You seriously live in a dream world

"Ours is not a perfect system nor will it ever be but we do tolerate all walks of life and go out of our way to make all welcome. We have elected governments chosen by the free will of the people, we have institutions that date back many years that protect the rights of the citizens of our nations.

How many countries in the Middle East are run by democratically elected governments other than Israel?"

Your fadeing away from what we ware talking about, we ware talking about the religion and not the persons who live by that religion.
And yea you forgot a couple of countries
Like: Syria, Yemen, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman, Qutar, Bahrain, Palestin etc

"To say that the muslim faith allows equality betwen the sexes is ridiculous. Western girls and women dress as they see fit, think what they want and are as equal as men when it comes to making decisions. They are not forced to follow a dress code and nore should they be. They do not take part in arranged marriages, that's something we abolished many years ago."

One again your fadeing away to something different to what we talked about, you say "muslim faith" which would be Islam, then you talk about how countries chose to live and intupete the religon. Your not actully talking about the religion, but the people who live by it which is something totaly different.

"We do not attempt to brow beat minorities into submission, we do not attack someone because they are christian, muslim, bhuddist or any other religious group or sect. We seek common ground in our dealings with our neighbours and try to do the same thing with other nations around the world."

And who does? Havent yet to see anyone attack USA because of there religion "state".

"If the United States and the United Kingdom are so intolerant why do so many muslims wish to live in these countries? Why are there literally thousands of muslims awaiting entry in to my country the U.K.? If we or our American cousins are such bad people, then why do they wish to come here and to the rest of Western Europe?"

I never said USA or the UK was intolerant, i said the Islamitic religion was pro equllity, never said they ware bad people either.

Many muslims ware treated bad after the sept 11th, which is a fact. That has nothing to do with muslims wanting entry in to the country.

"Could it be they know that they will be given rights and protection that they do not receive in their countries of origin? Is that why so many flock here nad to Europe and the U.S.?"

Might be, but what is your point?

"The muslim faith is a great faith and so to is the chrisitian faith, they both preach peace but so many souls have perished in their name over many hundreds of years."

Yea they are both great faiths.

"Perhaps a time to call and end to all religion has come?"

Might be so.

My photography website

Old 11-23-2003, 06:40 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Dream World? That does not constitute a counter argument. I live in England and there are very few (if any) problems between muslims and the local population. We English are known for our tolerance and respect for the culture of others and as we have absorbed many thousands of immigrants from all over the world in the last 50 years, we have established a multi cultural, multi ethnic society with little or no major problems. Again I say "dream world"????

The United States and it's way of life was attacked by a group of fanatics who claim allegiance to the muslim faith, they may not be true representitives of the muslim faith but that is what they chose to call themselves. Destroying the World Trade Centre only awoke a sleeping giant and the price that will be paid by many people is to terrible to contemplate. This was a totally unprovoked attack on a centre dedicated to trade and commerce and took no account of the many people who worked and were visiting their, including, muslims, jews and christians.

We live in the 21st century and as such should learn to accept others for what they are and what they choose to believe, not hide behind a religion being used by evil people for their own ends, that is intolerant, racist and sexist and calls for a so called "holy war" against others who choose to live their life in a different way.

The Islamic religion has a history of tolerance and understanding of other faiths but it's more recent converts seem to be hell bent on provoking and attacking those who do not share it's values.

It is not surprising that in the wake of the Twin Towers attack that there was some anti muslim feeling, after any terrorist atrocity people seek some one to blame. My older relatives lived through the blitz in world war 2 and resented Germany and all Germans at the time, but they did not condemn the entire German population for the criminal actions of a group of evil fanatics. So to the United States did not and does not condemn the entire muslim world for the actions of a similar group of evil fanatics.

This may be getting of track to some degree but is it not the actions of a few fanatics that is the source of the current problems in Iraq? So should the allies not use marshal law to control and eradicate this threat. Do these peole not realise that by attacking coalition forces that they are storing up even more retaliatory attacks for the future?

You dismmissed my point about how many democracies there are in the Mid East, why because you are only to aware of the lack of any such democracies apart from Israel?

I am not a religious man myself but I respect the opinions of others and hope that the muslim and christian faiths can build a future based on their shared view of a world in which we all have a right to be free and choose the way of life that best suits us.

Removing Saddam Hussain from power in Iraq gives the people there a unique chance to choose what kind of government they want and most of all be free in that choice. May they be allowed to do so and see their nation begin to return to the path of prosperity and peace.

regards
Old 11-23-2003, 06:59 AM
-1PARA-

"Dream World? That does not constitute a counter argument. I live in England and there are very few (if any) problems between muslims and the local population. We English are known for our tolerance and respect for the culture of others and as we have absorbed many thousands of immigrants from all over the world in the last 50 years, we have established a multi cultural, multi ethnic society with little or no major problems. Again I say "dream world"????"

I was refering to USA.

"The United States and it's way of life was attacked by a group of fanatics who claim allegiance to the muslim faith, they may not be true representitives of the muslim faith but that is what they chose to call themselves. Destroying the World Trade Centre only awoke a sleeping giant and the price that will be paid by many people is to terrible to contemplate. This was a totally unprovoked attack on a centre dedicated to trade and commerce and took no account of the many people who worked and were visiting their, including, muslims, jews and christians."

Although the reason for the attack wasnt about religion, its a old groll between USA and Bin Ladin that has existed in over 10 years.

"We live in the 21st century and as such should learn to accept others for what they are and what they choose to believe, not hide behind a religion being used by evil people for their own ends, that is intolerant, racist and sexist and calls for a so called "holy war" against others who choose to live their life in a different way."

One again sept 11 was old groll which still exist between them, not an act because anyone live a different life... Other then that, I agree!

"The Islamic religion has a history of tolerance and understanding of other faiths but it's more recent converts seem to be hell bent on provoking and attacking those who do not share it's values."

Yes. Although the koran is the koran and havent changed, the view of it has though...

"It is not surprising that in the wake of the Twin Towers attack that there was some anti muslim feeling, after any terrorist atrocity people seek some one to blame. My older relatives lived through the blitz in world war 2 and resented Germany and all Germans at the time, but they did not condemn the entire German population for the criminal actions of a group of evil fanatics. So to the United States did not and does not condemn the entire muslim world for the actions of a similar group of evil fanatics."

A big part of the population in USA did "condemn the entire muslim world for the actions of a similar group of evil fanatics." if only for a short while after but they still did.

"This may be getting of track to some degree but is it not the actions of a few fanatics that is the source of the current problems in Iraq? So should the allies not use marshal law to control and eradicate this threat. Do these peole not realise that by attacking coalition forces that they are storing up even more retaliatory attacks for the future?"

Both yes and no...

"You dismmissed my point about how many democracies there are in the Mid East, why because you are only to aware of the lack of any such democracies apart from Israel?"

I pointed out the democratic countries in the middle east. Or as you first wrote "How many countries in the Middle East are run by democratically elected governments other than Israel?".

"I am not a religious man myself but I respect the opinions of others and hope that the muslim and christian faiths can build a future based on their shared view of a world in which we all have a right to be free and choose the way of life that best suits us."

So do I!

"Removing Saddam Hussain from power in Iraq gives the people there a unique chance to choose what kind of government they want and most of all be free in that choice. May they be allowed to do so and see their nation begin to return to the path of prosperity and peace."

We can only hope so...

My photography website