Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:20 AM
NetB0ng is offline NetB0ng

Spawning npc's in single player

How do you re-spawn npc's in single player like in operation irene, where they continuously spawn from behind that building in droves? Im making this map where you defend a stronghold in the middle of a blown to bits city and need a consistent flow of bots any help is appreciated.

edit: I know you can change the map to coop but unless theres a way to play a coop game without logging on to novaworld Im out of luck, I lost my cd key years ago so Im looking for a single player way to do this. Thanks again for any help.

Last edited by NetB0ng; 06-20-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:52 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
You have to use a third party program to host coop in bhd (like anaconda).

And to by pass novaworld log-in, instead of filling out the info, scroll down and click the link that says "By pass login".

IcI
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM
NetB0ng is offline NetB0ng

Thanks Ill give it a try. I just found all the original dfbhd missions in .mis format so I can check them out in the editor. I know theres a spot in irene where all these somalies spawn out from behind a building. Its when your supposed to get on the roof of the american embassy and man that 50 cal and defend the place from those technicals and rpg soldiers. Except one time I never manned the 50 and kept shooting at ground level and saw them spawning in huge numbers. So it can be done its juts a question of if novalogic wants it to be done.

edit: I just checked that spot out in the med but its not a spawn point its a "teleport target marker." Just in case anyone was wondering. I read somewhere that you can only teleport someone from dead to alive after youve killed them and they can only re spawn in the exact position they died. But obviously thats not entirely true. Anyone that saw something cool in the single player game and wants to do it in a custom map should get the bhd stock maps. I downloaded them either from here of Delta Force Barracks I
cant remember.

edit2: I guess I found out why re-spawning (teleporting) the AI is so unpopular. For a second or two before they teleport they stand up right where they died then teleport. Not realistic.
I think id rather have groups of AI off stage then have a waypoint and event trigger tell them to run into the firefight at a particular point. Thats much better than having all the dead stand up then beam away. Thanks for the reply ici.

Last edited by NetB0ng; 06-20-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:31 PM
ArcticWolf is offline ArcticWolf
DFLW Map Maker

What you need to do is this:

Depending on how many AI you plan to use in the map, take a LARGE group of them (you'll have to give all a seperate group number) and place them far out on the map away from all the action - make them Deaf/Blind/Guarding so that they don't move from where they are. Then set up your events so that you can teleport them to the proper teleport marker as needed, and yes it can be done.