Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-14-2006, 10:39 AM
ALACRAN is offline ALACRAN

Lag...lag...lag

In recent days the lag problem is incredible, even the Nova ops. are laggy..Ppl. just walk out by the dozen..whats happening?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:57 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
mines been like that since i started palying DFX then i quit becuase of that...

ShArP

Old 01-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

i tried playing DFX online once, ping was like 20000ms on 26k, lol
Old 01-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i try it on a 56k it was 400ms-1600ms jumpy up and down a lot, i don't play it online do to the crapy anti-lag cheat they are using, it make one skip back and forth a lot. no fun there. same crap i get for JOTR too

last game they made was great was DF:BHD & DF:LW.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-16-2006, 07:29 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
yup Chief DFLQW and BDH r the only 2 games i play lol i also lag alot on JOTR aswell DFX so i dont paly them much...

ShArP

Old 01-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
get high speed the slowest you can get is 300k
i played the demo online on a full 32 person server, have't found much lag on 300k

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 01-22-2006, 02:27 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Heck like i tell many even with a good computer and comcast cable lags some!My computers suppose to play any game well plus added few things to sup it up on the Area 51 extreme gaming laptop still lags some with comcast.Only thing that could handle it well is DSL or higher id say if you wanted no lag at all.Some dude was telling me laptops arent good for gaming i was like bud they are if there made by Alienware for extreme gaming!Alienware is best in my opinion for gaming pcs!I mean doesent matter laptops are good only if there made for it unlike dells and all those others no because they dont have stuff for it!Mine has 4 fans under it so that also tells you something!

Ahhh here we are this is my computer

http://www.alienware.com/product_det...de=SKU-DEFAULT

has latest of Nvidia Cards and has latest processor and more ram added to it then what was on the computer shown and some more stuff was added!Yea i make alot of runon sentances bare with me!If im not mistaken even shows a picture of Joint Ops on one of laptop pics lol and to think somebody saying my laptop sucks for gaming!

Lag also can come from the server most time lag is in Nova server which im not only one complaining i see guys in there with green pings like me saying it but i dont get eneough lag to not do well!Sometimes made me suspect someone using the CI cheat cause everytime i lag alot now lately it will freeze for few seconds and play again buttttt someone always kills me in between that time and thats one of the points of the CI Cheat!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 01-29-2006, 10:13 AM

[one complaining i see guys in there with green pings like me saying it but i dont get eneough lag to not do well!Sometimes made me suspect someone using the CI cheat cause everytime i lag alot now lately it will freeze for few seconds and play again buttttt someone always kills me in between that time and thats one of the points of the CI Cheat! [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats about whats happens when I refer to lag, a couple of players seems unaffected by it, and others are just "frozen",they simply wipe u out of the map lol, lol,...In my case could be my geographical area, I live in Puerto Rico, connected by cable (about 2800 ) average.
Not only lagging, but many times when lags starts getting heavy, the ops. page closes and opens in main page as starting the game again..
My new rig has the following: AMD F57, (2) nVidias 7800 gt, (2) Hitachis HDD 250 gb, Memory 4 GB (kingston x ), MOBO is Asus A8N SLI Premium, Shark case all alum, with thermaltake PS 680 watts, 4 120mms fans. Running Windows x64.
Apparently with my new rig all that I increased is the LAG capability lol, because with my old DELL, never had so much trouble as with this new battle horse, well it could coincidence, who knows..
Old 01-30-2006, 04:38 AM
Britman is offline Britman

Smile

Yeah i hear ya'll, i also have stopped playing DFX because either thiers some kind of server strain or they already have a problem with cheaters causing the server to lag...

Either way it sucks and i like a refund please lol
Old 02-18-2006, 05:18 PM
hooligan-lom- is offline hooligan-lom-

I'm never really having any lag problems in my squads server or any other server, but when i play in a nova room i notice it
Old 02-22-2006, 02:36 PM
JakeTKD is offline JakeTKD

Send a message via AIM to JakeTKD
Well I am on cable, so I can't really blame nova-world. I can only play on weekends really, and everyone is on then, so the internet is very slow anyways, and it kicks me out saying my pings were too high, whatever that means.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Alucard-NGS- is offline Alucard-NGS-

Either your guys internet really suck or you join sucky servers, I never get pinged out unless im in a server with a 56ker or a really sucky server.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:44 AM

Dracula...I agree...the internet service provider is normally the culprit, in my case, I have T1 service by cable, even that when I check the ping time on CNET, it reads well over 2 k ++, its the download one, the upload is quite slow....apparently that combination is lousy and the lag monster takes advantage of it.
Also the server location affects 2 and the amount of ppl. playing at any given time.
In ops. which have less than 16 players, mine runs smooth, but as more players get in, the lags increases and freezing begins.
If I play early morgning, when not many ppl. in, all goes ok, but weekends, its lousy, maybe some of the servers signal are weak, its a combination of factors, I get more killed by lag that from shots from other players...lol
As I mentioned earlier, maybe the location of players helps the lag, I am in the caribbean, and maybe, maybe...the signal when reaches here, wants to stay at beach and get sun tanned lol
Old 02-23-2006, 08:52 PM

HOLY CRAP GET A NEW PROVIDER IF THATS YOUR PING WITH T1 YOU ARE PAYING TO MUCH FOR THAT CRAP THEN... join the ngs servers its never laggy unless there are 56kers playing, and mayby you computer sucks that much. I never have any lag on most servers so somthing is wrong with you guys.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:19 AM

Dracula: Here in P.R., the availability of internet providers is limited, for some strange motives, signals are quite lousy. As far of computer, this the rig I assembled:
AMD FX 57 /4 gb Kingston memo/ 2 HDD @ 250 GB/ 2 nVidia 7800 GT SLI / Ansus A8n SLI Premium mobo/ windows xp x64/Shark aluminum case/ Thermaltake 650w p/s/4 cooling fans quiet 120 mm/..Last night when logging into DFX, a survey from Nova appeared, asking about the type of Internet service we have...seems that the LAG issue is under consideration by the fine ppl. from Nova...
Old 02-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Yeah that was intresting to see. At least we know there alive.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Britman is offline Britman

DFX Player Limit

Hey all,

Im kinda new to this forum but wanted to post something i've noticed each time i play dfx.

I keep finding time after time when the room limit is reached (32), the game play slows down and sticks terribly.

I see many others with the same issues as myself, worse even to the point they lag so much they cant play the game they purchased. Its a shame the room numbers are so large for the nova logic rooms, maybe smaller numbers, say 25 would be more well balanced for the most users like myself with a moderate (capable) pc and internet connection to actually play this great game.

Like i said before im new to this game, but i just wanted to put my view across, thanks.

Britman

Last edited by Britman; 03-02-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:53 PM

Yes indeed, its true fact ur comment, whenever I see an op reaching ++20 players, I grasp for air counting the few minutes to be forced out by lag. Very assertive the suggestion of capping the amount of players, that will help a lot and will balance rest of ops that are orphans of players.
Thanks for ur post and I am sure Nova will make some adjustments soon....I hope lol
Old 03-03-2006, 05:03 PM

Keep dreaming... I know I do every day.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:26 PM

DRACULA: I have 2 admit u make me laugh like he... lol..
Lets keep dreaming, and maybe our wishes become reality lol