Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Sad Black Hawk Down Demo

Hey guys

Hey guys I has just downloaded the 57MB BHD demo which you cant play single player and to join a multiplayer game it said that the period has expired but I was thinking to change the date on my PC to 2001 but na.. you also need a CABLE or DSL to host a game, if not then they cant join your game.

What should I do?
When should I do it?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Well, wouldnt matter what about changing your date...its based on the actual game settings I believe.

Buy the game, heck buy my copy.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:11 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

buy the game..

its only around £13 here now.. bout $20

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...tware&n=507846
Old 10-08-2005, 09:36 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Definitely get the game it's well worth it!!!!

Regards
Old 10-08-2005, 03:32 PM

RollEyes Buy It

I look for reviews and see what people think of the game first but there were 3 demos.

One with just multiplayer (I DOWNLOADED)
One with one singleplayer mission
One with both

I didnt download the 2nd and 3rd demo considering my modem is at 115200 bps and does damn all but I do have a 56k which will take 5-7 minutes to download the 2nd and 3rd demo but nah..

I also changed my time to 2001 but nothing works.
You guys right maybe I'll see.

Chris_OJB_DF645 -- Better off buying it --
Old 10-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: Buy It

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
I look for reviews and see what people think of the game first but there were 3 demos.

One with just multiplayer (I DOWNLOADED)
One with one singleplayer mission
One with both

I didnt download the 2nd and 3rd demo considering my modem is at 115200 bps and does damn all but I do have a 56k which will take 5-7 minutes to download the 2nd and 3rd demo but nah..

I also changed my time to 2001 but nothing works.
You guys right maybe I'll see.

Chris_OJB_DF645 -- Better off buying it --
you need to change your speed for your modem it not to be 115200 bps it need to be set to 50.600bps

you find you still connected longer and files downloaded will be much better no corrupted.

1.) set 56k to 57.600bps
2.) disable auto-disconnect.

files download maybe come corrupted or incomplete if the file is incomplete it will look like it was download full and no error? but when you try to use it or open it up your get a error message this is the reason.
===========================================
it take longer then 5-7min for a 56k user, you got corrupted files, reset your connection then try to download the demo again ok.

a good way is look at the file size when you start to download it, then after see what the file size it is when finsh downloading it. if there a mismatch thats why. the speed setting are off set for a 56k user.

its not a bad game to buy ether, but it not 55k user friendly ether, high speed connection is much better to play this game and JOTR & DF: Xtreme

only ones good for 56k are DF:1/2/LW/TFD.

**DF: BHD-Serials, JOTR-Serials and DF:Xtreme** are for high speed connection, you will find "up close fighting" (with more then 3-5 players you will lag even more) it will lag like crazy and novalogic, Inc has a anti-lag cheat enforce this will make you skip more in the game too and lag like crazy. you been warn not for 56k dailup users. save your money.

i play DF:BHD-TS it some time but as a support fire team player as in sniper and other thing mainly. but i try not to play upclose do to i lag to much for the game as a 56k user
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-08-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:54 PM

Confused Hey Chief

Hey Chief

I had did that before you posted the pics but really I have a 28.8k modem that runs default at 38400 bps but the maximum is 115200 I thought it would make a big diffrence

115200 there is an extra zero that should add value to it but I see you are over in the US but I dont know if you get better download speeds. I heard that if you download something close to the location where you live then the modem can send, recieve, get and process the information or data.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --115200 and then something else
Old 10-08-2005, 09:00 PM

RollEyes Hey Alternatives

Well Chief

One more thing I do have a 56k modem but its a DYNALINK 1456VHQ-R1 and I downloaded the latest drivers for it but the modem keeps on going to idle meaning the icon goes dark green so you have to open a new window to reconnect to it like disconnecting it has happned on both modems.

Its wrecked and maye a little bit staticed but if it works I will tend to take your advice and try doing it out.
But I feel if too overclocked it can be wrecked even bit more so I say if it has that setting
in Internet Options I am sure you will help me download 150 mbs in shorter than 9 hours time. Right now the speed when downloading it is like a 36 hour grand boring suck tour.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Go for high speed. Most isp's provide a tame dsl or cable for about the same as dial up, sometimes cheaper. And even then, it's much faster than dial up.