Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Xbox 360

Just got an xbox 360 pro with a few games.. I have a few questions about it.. Are they supposed to be pretty loud? The DVD seems to spin at all times when there is a game in the drive. Is that normal? It's not nearly as quiet as my original xbox. Can you hear the fans in your 360?

What are some good games for this thing?

I traded in 27 original xbox games for some cash and got these (buying used from gamestop rocks!):
Forza 2 (It has my SRT in it )
Burnout Paradice
Project Gotham Racing 4
Assassins Creed
Tiger Woods PGA 07
Rainbow Six Vegas
Perfect Dark Zero
Hitman Blood Money
Tony Hawks Project 8
DiRT

I plan to get these:
Fable 2 (Reason I bought the 360)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (second reason)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
The Godfather
Call of Duty 4 (wating on price drop..)
Ace Combat 6 (wating on price drop..)

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 04-25-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
yea most of the time its loud for me, I sit about 6 feet away from it and the volume of the tv makes it unnoticable.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 04-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Make sure you lay it down on it's side. Otherwise the system will ruin the games and burn it's laser out.

It is pretty loud, but not to the point of it being annoying after a few hours to get use to it.

DiRT is awesome, Assassins Creed is short...don't buy it for more than 30$ US.

Burnout isn't Burnout anymore. Perfect Dark is only 20$ us brand new...easy achievements and if you played Goldeneye...then you'll find the money well spent.

Ace Combat 6 is awesome, price will be high for a long time though. Rainbow Six Vegas 1 is great, but 2 is so much better especially now that they have released an update for it.

Godfather will be hard to find now as it was delisted and has yet to reach Platinum. SRP though is 30$ us if you can find it new.

COD4 unfortunately will be high for likely a year before you might see a price drop. Especially considering it has a better sales track than Gears and Halo 3 which are still 60$ us new.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

After awhile of playing I don't notice the noise but I used my original xbox as my DVD player so I am a little concerned that watching movies on it won't be so pleasant. After I modified the original xbox and stuck a silent antec fan inside it was very silent, and it made a great dvd player.

I got Perfect Dark Zero used for $10, in almost perfect condition. It's how I buy all my games.. I get 10% off of used games with the Gamestop EDGE card. Usually about 2 or so weeks after a game is released they start getting some back, they sell them for $54.99, or about $50 if you have the EDGE card. They often look like they were never even played.

I am playing Assassins Creed right now. Some pretty sweet grahphics in this one. The local gamespot has a few copies of Godfather for $26.99, i'm just wating until I get though some of these other ones to buy it cause if I don't like them I have 7 days to return them for a full refund (another reason I only buy used)..

If Perfect Dark Zero is anything like Goldeneye then I'm sure I will love it.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Quote:
I have 7 days to return them for a full refund (another reason I only buy used
Heads up mate. Gamestop is looking to put a cap on this. I don't know the details but our new update coming later next month will track returns per customer, and red flag what the company considers free renters.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Let me know what it is if they put a cap on it... I don't really think it will be a problem with me since I don't often return games unless I really don't like them. It's not like I buy random games just to try them... There are about 8 gamestop / ebgames in my area.. if they for some reason say I do it to much i'll just go to another one, pay cash and make up an address if I need to return..

Old 04-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

hehe yea as long as the return isn't cash they don't require an id. Swap games and you have better chances

Old 04-25-2008, 08:54 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
mine is pretty quiet.

games you NEED to get or you need to play through

bioshock
assassin's creed
rainbow 6 vegas 1&2
guitar hero 2&3
Oblivion
halo 3
and i would suggest the orange box just because it has so many good games.

Since GTA is coming out in a couple of days, go ahead and reserve your copy, i mean cmon, it GTA lol

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Pretty quiet as in you can bearly hear it or it just does not bother you? Any idea when yours was made or what dvd drive you have? Mine was made in Feb 08' and has the BenQ drive..The fans aren't the problem is just the dvd-rom..

I will be getting GTA . GTA III from my xbox still works in the 360 .. I really need to get the joy stick aiming down on the console.. I always get owned in games like Rainbow Six..

Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
GTA IV (4) looks really good, lol.

I've only really played GTA3, which was alright. But it gets real boring once you play it too much. GTA IV looks so much better I doubt anyone can get bored with it lol.

Haven't played SA, but I've played VC quite a bit (only for like 5 mins at a net cafe).

Not really into GTA anymore, lol. Would like to see the GTA IV reviews (one already gave it a straight 10/10 so it sounds awesome).

Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin
Make sure you lay it down on it's side. Otherwise the system will ruin the games and burn it's laser out.
That's a loud of crap.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:26 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Well you can take the advice if ya want it, I've only returned no lie a few hundred games with perfect rings in them. Each time its the same thing, the user had the system standing up.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:03 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Quote:
Pretty quiet as in you can bearly hear it or it just does not bother you?
When I turn it on i hear it then it gets quieter. WHen I put a game in I hear the drive take over and it starts to spin then is quiets down. Ill find out yourr questions for you later tonight.

Quote:
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser