Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:31 AM
slick50500 is offline slick50500

Angry Problem Re-Installing/Loading Joint Ops

Haven't played Joint Ops in awhile and found out there's new version out since November. While it appeared to have updated succesfully downloading from Fileplanet (auto-updater through game freezes and does nothing), when I tried to go back into the game it showed older version still on login screen to lower right, plus it said an update was available still (after apparently it was just updated).

I deleted and reinstalled the game last night, but again, it appears to have loaded ok, but when I go in to play, it says update is available but auto updater freezes.

I can't even LOAD Escalation because of same problem - says update available but when I try to run auto-updater through game the update fails.

THOUGHT: I have 2 hard drives - a C: and a secondary E: which I'm trying to defer all games to because C: drive mostly full. Does the game have to be loaded onto the "root" or main drive C: or can I create identical string on second drive (ie E: Program Files/Novalogic/Joint Ops/Escalation/......)
That's the only thing I can think is the problem, but again, game played fine on secondary drive before.

J Ops used to play perfectly fine on my machine - new update all of sudden has screwed my system up. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
the patching process says complete?

never heard of this problem before, especially if the patch installed :/

i'd get the patch from NL's site > http://www.novalogic.com/updatedetail.asp?GameKey=JOTR

never use the auto update from the game menu.

yeah you can install it anywhere you like
Old 02-17-2005, 07:50 AM

THANKS for reply!!

Yes, it said the patch process was completed to the newest version, v5.1.15...or whatever.

Furthermore what's weird, after I thought I reinstalled Joint Ops ok, I clicked on "Install Punkbuster", and the auto message that came up was to confirm if I wanted to DELETE Punkbuster..........? Did someone reverse my keyboard settings?

This couldn't be a problem with my account in any way could it?

I'll give it another try tonight after work, using the string you mentioned. What stress?
Old 02-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
downloading from Fileplanet

they may not have update their listing (still maybe a older virsion they have there) so JOTR maybe right update using the game JOTR still work on the update area same for JOTR:E

some times it will instill PunkBuster as it instill think a option will come up as it instill you may have click-YES and it already was instilled, if you do it again 2nd time around you get that option to un-instill it.

to see if it your account go to www.novaworld.com and log-in there with the same info you using to log-in the game should work ok

only a note:
by the way PunkBuster automatic update as you play the game and no Cd patch is needed it don't need the Cd to play the game nova move away from using Cd's
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-17-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

tbh it sounds like JO was uninstalled incorrectly sometime, and there is some registry entries still there that shouldn't. that would certainly explain what punkbuster is saying, and possibly why JO will not patch correctly. :/

a reg cleaner could help, installing on another drive could help to.

yep stress :/
Old 02-17-2005, 07:58 AM

That's a thought, but I could have sworn it was the same newest version but I'll have to double check.

THANKS!
Old 02-17-2005, 08:08 AM

Interesting thought how something could have been uninstalled INCORRECTLY when I auto-uninstalled, but you have a good point - I got the message that "some folders may not have been deleted and have to be removed manually". When I saw that I went back into my Novalogic folders I saw J Ops folders still there and deleted them right away.

What reg cleaners are out there? I'm not familiar with that utility. Is that like defragging or disc cleanup?

My timing is probably all screwed up too. I know it's something simple but the brainclouds are rolling in..............
Old 02-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
don't know of any that is free, you maybe able to scandisk if there any reg that is link to something it will fix it and any error there maybe on your HHD.

My Computer> C: HHD> properties> tool> Error-Checking (scandisk) you can all do it by: Start> Run> chkdsk /f

you may have to reboot your system and it may ask you to Type Y-yes and N-no to do the scan on your next startup. press Y hit the enter key then restart you Pc on your own it will not do it for you. Windows 2000,2003,Xp-Family
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

i use registry mechanic > http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

wouldn't be without it. the link lets you do a scan, i guess it wount fix anything but will point out problems. you can test out the software and it will fix most probs but not all unless you pay.

there are numerous on downloads.com etc
example > http://www.download.com/Free-Registr...ml?tag=lst-0-9

that is totally free, but i dont know anything about it.

some more free/shareware tools here > http://search.tucows.com/search?sear....tucows.com%2F
Old 02-17-2005, 10:41 AM

Excellent thank you! I'll try out the registry mechanic. I don't like to load up my rig with too much cleaning software like Ad Aware, Spybot, etc.... but this sounds worth it.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Pusher is offline Pusher

eek

I need some help...I have played Joint Ops before...two weeks later now I can't seem to get past the connecting to NovaWorld screen. Any guidance would be helpful...I have turned off my firewall....I have even turned off my Nortons and I still can't get past the loading screen.

Frustrated and wanting to kill something
Old 02-28-2005, 10:24 AM

Angry

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? That's what I did and it "sort of" worked, but make sure you install the latest version of Joint Ops. I don't think the Novalogic auto-updater is working correctly so you may have to go to the Novalogic website for latest update of JO.

I feel your pain, believe me.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Pusher is offline Pusher

Thanks for your reply....I appreciate it. Yes I uninstalled my game yesterday....defragged (because someone said that worked for them) re installed the game and updated it from both the nova site and then I got the update from DFHQ site. I'm at a loss...I have my router pointing to my computer...no firewall up. I would stand on my head if it would help...lol.