Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-14-2003, 08:37 AM
PK_Spinal is offline PK_Spinal

hey hey Sadam!

yey Sadam haha ok fine yea he was Caught thats the good part

The Funny part is he was living in a 8ft Spider Hole

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Stupid fool!

MSN/Email: SPINAL_THEROY@HOTMAIL.COM
Old 12-14-2003, 10:38 AM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
TIKRIT, Iraq (CNN) -- After nine months of scurrying from house to house, Saddam Hussein appeared to be a tired, resigned man who offered no resistance when U.S. troops extracted him from a hole in a rural farmhouse Saturday night, coalition officials said .

L. Paul Bremer, head of the Coalition Provisional Authority, announced Sunday morning, "Ladies and gentlemen, we got him."

The audience responded with cheers, and Iraqis took to Baghdad streets dancing, doling out candy and firing rifles into the air. But in Tikrit -- Saddam's ancestral hometown and a base of loyalty to him -- the streets were quiet.

President Bush will address the nation at noon Sunday about the capture of Saddam. (Full story)

Coalition video showed the ventilated "spider hole" six to eight feet underground where Saddam was hiding with two other men, who have not yet been identified. The video showed Saddam with graying hair and a long beard, undergoing a medical examination after his capture.

Several Iraqi journalists stood up and shouted "Death to Saddam" after the video was shown.

"I'm very happy for the Iraqi people. Life is going to be safer now," 35-year-old Yehya Hassan, a resident of Baghdad, told The Associated Press. "Now we can start a new beginning."

And in Kirkuk, Mustapha Sheriff told The Associated Press, "We are celebrating like it's a wedding. We are finally rid of that criminal." (Full story)

The 66-year-old longtime Iraqi leader was No. 1 on the coalition's 55 most wanted list, and his evasion has been a political sore spot for the U.S. administration. (Saddam profile)
Raid in rural town

Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, who leads coalition troops in Iraq, said the former leader was uninjured, "talkative and cooperative," after 4th Infantry Division and Special Operations forces nabbed him in Operation Red Dawn.

"Today is a great day for the Iraqi people and the coalition," Sanchez said.

About 600 4th Infantry Division soldiers and Special Operations forces conducted the raid in Adwar, near a compound of ramshackle buildings, about 9 miles outside Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, on Saturday night.

The raid was based on intelligence that Saddam was at a particular location in the area, the officials said. Forces arrived at the location within three hours of receiving a tip from an Iraqi, and Saddam had no time to move.

The U.S. forces moved easily into the area where there were no security forces to protect the ousted leader.

Saddam, thin, dirty and hiding in the cellar of mud hut, willingly identified himself to interpreters. He was wearing a white T-shirt, dark trousers and a long-sleeved dark shirt.

U.S. forces found weapons and about $750,000 in U.S. $100 bills with the former dictator, Sanchez said, along with two AK-47s, a pistol and a white and orange taxi.

Exclusive CNN video shot following that raid, showed a group of U.S.-led coalition soldiers patting each other on the back -- apparently in celebration -- and taking group photos in front of a military vehicle.

Sanchez said Operation Red Dawn targeted two locations and troops began a "cordon and search" operation when they failed to find Saddam initially. The ventilated "spider hole," its entrance camouflaged with bricks and dirt was near one of the locations.

"He was a tired man," the general said. "Also, I think, a man resigned to his fate."

Sanchez said the hole where forces found Saddam was wide enough for a man to lie down in, with a fan and a air hole.
Preparing for retaliation

Adnan Pachaci, a member of the Iraqi Governing Council, said Saddam would be tried for his crimes against Iraqis, and would be tried by Iraqis.

"The terrorist, Saddam Hussein, the biggest terrorist on earth, has been arrested," said Hamid Ali al-Kifaey. "He will be tried before a special court in Iraq soon. With his arrest the Iraqi people will begin a new life, and hopefully they will have a democratic and pluralistic system and no more mass graves, and no more Saddam Hussein and no more terrorism."

A U.S. soldier displays a map of the area in which the coalition says Saddam was captured during a news conference in Baghdad on Sunday.

A senior U.S. official told CNN's Dana Bash in Washington that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told President Bush on Saturday afternoon (EST) of the capture.

The Iraq war began on March 19 when U.S. forces launched a "decapitation attack" aimed at the Iraqi president and other top members of the country's leadership.

Hours after the capture -- but before it was announced -- a car bomb exploded outside an Iraqi police station in Khaldiyah, killing at least 10 Iraqis and wounding 20 others, most of them policemen, U.S. officials said. Iraqi officials reported a higher casualty toll. (Full story)

"Do I expect an increase in retaliation?" as a result of Saddam's capture, Sanchez asked. "I don't know. I couldn't answer that, but I will tell you we are prepared, and we will defeat those elements if they choose to attack us at any point in time."

CNN Senior Military Affairs Correspondent Jamie McIntyre and CNN Baghdad Bureau Chief Jane Arraf contributed to this report.

Old 12-14-2003, 12:15 PM
KrYzM is offline KrYzM

He should die
Old 12-15-2003, 01:29 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

i hope IRAQ will prosper after Saddam. But i got a baaaaaad feeling about the after effect. It's "evolution".... what goes around... comes around.... LOL!!!
Old 12-15-2003, 02:43 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by KrYzM
He should die
me i hope he get juge by the Iraqi's people, and put him to work by digging up them body's he order to death. so many people he order to death death, the death toll is so high.

good part make him name them bodys and if he can't put a name to any of them give him a elec/shock with a pig shocker stick for 30min. then make him dig some more till there is no more bodys to dig up. then put him to sleep for good.

i have a funny feeling the Iraqi people will stone him death, its there way of life.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-15-2003, 05:58 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Sounds like a good idea to me Chief, make him dig up the poor souls he had murdered then shoot the son of a bitch!

Regards
Old 12-15-2003, 06:56 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
why he should be the only one to pay the price? have his whole staff with him and have them all do it together as will, and kill them all off. they all think it was a big joke now make them all pay for what they did to the people of Iraq.

only if yep only if they was better leader. we would never had to do anything at all, but they had to push us and the world to much. its a shame it had to come to this.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Dead Pool~{SC}~ is offline Dead Pool~{SC}~

They should let him rot in jail and ask hime everyday, " how is that ruler fo the world thing workin out for ya???"