Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Support Our Troops

You may not agree with this. If you don't, please don't post any ignorant comments. Just read it and think about it.

There are many people who post at this site that are currently serving in the armed forces and there are even more who have served in the armed forces before.

Killerbee, an admin here, is currently serving in the armed forces and deserves the utmost respect that anyone can give as well as the others who are serving and/or have served.

Quote:
You stay up for 16 hours.
He stays up for days on end.

You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.

You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.
He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.

You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.
He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.

You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.
He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.

You talk trash about your "buddies" that aren't with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.

You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He patrols the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.

You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn't get to eat today.

Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.

You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.

You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.

You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.
He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.

You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does exactly what he is told even if it puts his life in danger.

You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.

You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

when i saw the pic of the little bitches holding those signs i bout shot my pc, they just better be lucky that there are so many great men and women that are willing to put their lives on the line for their dumb asses so that they can have the ability to say waht they want.

i respect our soldiers , i pray for their safe return every nite.

i respect and admire our soldiers for having the courage to do what they do,i can only say to them i love you guys, without you there would be no USA to speak of, i wish you all the best and you get back to your families.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter

i find this Pic is a fake
Enlarge Image: "click-here" 1024x768

look at his belly it been edited out, the upper part of the body is not the same as the lower half.

look at the pants vs the shirt? they don't match up at all.
=============================
all can say as they like.

fair and balance.

you know i like to see what real family's would think of their family members images posted on the INTERNET in this manner, i know i would not like to see KB body laying on the ground showing him off in any manner other thing in a good taste.

i would love them all to much to show them in that manner
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
i respect our soldiers , i pray for their safe return every nite.

i respect and admire our soldiers for having the courage to do what they do,i can only say to them i love you guys, without you there would be no USA to speak of, i wish you all the best and you get back to your families.
i totally agree because i know a lot of people who are or were in the U.S. Armed Forces...

Old 08-08-2007, 09:14 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

i highly doubt that that pic is fake..... its common for armed forces to be wearing different shades of clothing... the way the body is being carried explains the stomach thing...

i also respect any1 with a military background... present or past.

im just waiting 4 sum1 who has no idea about things 2 reply 2 this...
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
im just waiting 4 sum1 who has no idea about things 2 reply 2 this...
Oh really?What you going to do? Put that person on Ignore?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP

look at the pants vs the shirt? they don't match up at all.
I don't understand what you are saying. I don't see how you can think that its fake. Photographers take pictures of what they see. I don't think they need to edit this picture to show how bad the war is. We all know how bad it is.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChiefADFP

you know i like to see what real family's would think of their family members images posted on the INTERNET in this manner, i know i would not like to see KB body laying on the ground showing him off in any manner other thing in a good taste.
I don't think they are "showing him off."They are just doing their job of unloading him from the truck. Besides, the guy was probably being taken to a hospital.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
tail_gunner is offline tail_gunner

if this had been any other subject i might of taken bb up on that offer but i respect the armed forces!

Twins, i asked 1, she said no so i asked her sister... And the siter said yes.. HAHA revenge!

and the rest.. well thats a mature story, but in the end i had both of them...
Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Ive been gone for 2 days sorry i missed this thread. I choose not to comment on this subject because my views most of you would not understand and find offensive.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Nice thread EDGE!

I'm not an American, but GL to the troops that are there helping to stabilize peace. I know NZ have probably helped a bit in some way.

Damnit KB I hope you're doing fine in Iraq.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-09-2007, 04:24 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

my views on war are that with least respect.

it's ****ing stupid, and there's no other way to put it. and all that bull**** about defending ours and their freedom imo thats just a load of **** .. what about the rest of the starving world, ****, forget about the rest of the world, go cross your local railroad tracks and see the crime and just disgust in our own cities.

instead of using all that effort and money to kill people and get your own countrymen killed for a cause with no meaning or definition, how about aiming that effort and money towards new medical advances, or solving all the horrible problems in our own country.

and for those of you that are over seas, i respect you, of course. not that i believe in "what your fighting for", whatever it may be, but just the plain fact that your over there.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
I can't hold my opinion in anymore so sorry If the way i think offends you.

I am not in Iraq for you for America or my family I am in Iraq for my friends next to me. We are here helping a very needing country I don't know why Bush is here but I know what kinda mission i do everyday and its not to support the oil. I have helped build schools, wells, restore power to power plants and give medical supplies to hospitals. anyone that says they know whats going on over here and has not been over here themselves is full of ****. The news thinks they know everything let me clue you in (they know nothing). Just the other day i had a 3 year old girl come up to me and say thank you mister you saved my mother. Iraq is just as bad as Africa and the difference is they want our help.

Anyone that says they support the troops but not the war is full of themselves. War is a part of the world that will never go away and if you can't see that your blind.

There is a saying I believe that says
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

If you think war won't find it way to the states someday your crazy. It might not happen tomorrow or 100 years from now but war happens everywhere. And you are a part of it whether you like it or not. You tell me war is gonna go away after you have faced a terrorist so bent on belief that he is willing to kill himself just to hurt a few people. War is not gonna go away so get use to it.

There is my freedom of speech that all of you say you have the right to use.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 08-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

He'll probably kill me for saying this, but to put what KB said in perspective he posted that having just got back from a 34 hour straight mission in which he was blown up twice and suffered concussion, apparently he was lucky to survive in the humvee...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:45 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

totally agree with u KB...

and just to think, if america or any other nation thats currently got troops in iraq/afghan, got invaded.. who wud they cry to for help? the very ppl they protest against
Old 08-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
thanks you KB for your words of wisdom.

will take to heart them words
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Great post EDGE!

I may not be in faviour of the original reason, it was a lie. I would instantly of supported the reason for war if Bush has just said something in the line of "We don't likte Hussain and we will remove him". But I support those down there helping the people and for the cause that bush should of mentioned from the beggining (I know that it would not of worked). It's just a shame that those idiotic terrorists that ruin this awsome world. You can't live with them and you defenetly can live without them!

My photography website

Old 08-09-2007, 09:34 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

This guy writes the stuff the way it is.. I have been following hos story's for over a year now.. And what he reports is what the media forgets / dont want to report..

For example a food shipment to Baquba in the Diyala Province.. Already written of by the Iraqi Government, but finally they start to realize that AQ is getting there ass kicked otu of there..

This guy deserves the donations, on which he rely's for his equipment, traveling etc..

I have been out there also.. All i can say, its a ****hole, but maybe we all can build something out of it.. Help the rebuild instead of bitching against the troops there..
Personally i felt that the US Government ( thus not military personal ) has been keeping the role of invading force for to long.. They should have started rebuilding way sooner, now they are busy rebuilding, and see what the locals do. They help you, they point out AQ / insurgents, they warn you..

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Chels is offline Chels

Quote:
Originally posted by Killerbee
I can't hold my opinion in anymore so sorry If the way i think offends you.

I am not in Iraq for you for America or my family I am in Iraq for my friends next to me. We are here helping a very needing country I don't know why Bush is here but I know what kinda mission i do everyday and its not to support the oil. I have helped build schools, wells, restore power to power plants and give medical supplies to hospitals. anyone that says they know whats going on over here and has not been over here themselves is full of ****. The news thinks they know everything let me clue you in (they know nothing). Just the other day i had a 3 year old girl come up to me and say thank you mister you saved my mother. Iraq is just as bad as Africa and the difference is they want our help.

Anyone that says they support the troops but not the war is full of themselves. War is a part of the world that will never go away and if you can't see that your blind.

There is a saying I believe that says
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

If you think war won't find it way to the states someday your crazy. It might not happen tomorrow or 100 years from now but war happens everywhere. And you are a part of it whether you like it or not. You tell me war is gonna go away after you have faced a terrorist so bent on belief that he is willing to kill himself just to hurt a few people. War is not gonna go away so get use to it.

There is my freedom of speech that all of you say you have the right to use.

what yo usaid KB is true, I may not be american but half my family is and my step dad jut got back after 18 months but hte army help him for 23 anyways.

When my sister was in 5thgrade her teacher had the balls to say "Your dad is only fighting for oil" really set the limits for me, I had walked into her class the next day and yelled at her teacher about everything. We are not changing IRAQ fast but we are changing them atleast enough for them to see a little bit of freedom on the way. I agree with you 100% KB and my dad says he does too. he said the army doesn't give two ****s about their soldiers right now though because of the **** they did like having my dads tank go thru any IED filled area even though they were warned about the IED's and yet the tank behind my dads was blown and he watched his brothers die for 8 hours jut burning, and he stil has the smell in his nose. So I can see to a point where I do support the troops and the war but I do not support how we are treating our troops. We need to pu tmore respect into how we treat them.

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:27 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Thank you for that link Katana! Great reading! (in the sense of he being a good write not regarding the bad things that happen to good people)

My photography website

Old 08-09-2007, 02:16 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Your welcome Silent.
He is one of the very few that actually takes the time to write down what is happening, and not chasing the fights / operations for spectacles..
Im glad you appreciate it.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here