Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
MS Office

Okay, I've had this problem for a while now. I'm missing an SKU112.cab or whatever file it is. Now, what I'm saying is, when I open up MS Office, a window comes up saying that I need the Office XP disc, yeah? Well, my bro's got the damn CD unfortunately... and he ain't here as well...

I've looked on the net, and people say that the .cab file ain't even on the CD! And it's said that the MSOCache hidden folder in the C drive has been altered... but it hasn't been altered.

No no no... no viruses, nothing.

Now, apparently, MS Office can function properly without the file, only that an annoying window pops up all the time when MS Office is opened. I think MS Office needs the file because from what I read, just incase something screws up in MS Office, the program can patch it up using that .cab file (MSOCache is basically like a backup installation). Word, etc. open fine. All I wanna do is try and disable this thing from showing up.

BTW, that .cab I could not find on the net...

Any help? Thanks guys.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
have you try the repair option?

click-on help on top you should see it,

open word for sample up top you may see Help listed click-on that then you see one of many selection one of them is repair option look at the image below you see what i am getting at.

software temp files are listed like ????.tmp and some others
some fools think it cool to save space to remove all temp files and backup files, this is were you get other errors files that are needed to repair software/programs.

if you get another set of error your out of luck! you will need the Cd to repair MS-Office do to files have been deleted from the HD.

the rest is easy to follow steps through.

Ps cap files MS use them to instill software into system off the Cds. its the norm for MS Cds. they use Cap file as zipe files but they compress software into .cap big time,
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-28-2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I do clean out the Temp when doing Disk Cleanup BTW... That shouldn't be why the MS Office backup files have been removed or whatever - since MSOCache is not in the Temp folder.

Also, that Repair thingy, says SKU112.cab is missing... Dang dang dang!

* Edit:

http://forums.thomasnet.com/viewtopi...7d3e68f6ce9606

Hmm... Might try it out, but I wanna see if this can be fixed without it being opened in Safe Mode... (don't really got any probs with safe mode...) :/

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black

Last edited by Chrispy; 06-30-2007 at 07:19 AM.