Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Confused will i think i in a class of my own upgrading & fixing other Pl OS

look like i am a know it all type of guy, now my aunt got me working on other people PC this week? i redoing a lady's & her husband system and fix's it up, upgrade it to Windows Xp home version and fixing it software on the HHD to boot, its a Windows 98 or 98SE seem it has a lot of Ad-ware/spyware/hijack Bowers in it they had it for a long time and now its goofing up, their Antivirus program is Norton its out dated and no tell if it has a firewall or not, it was their son's but he grown up and move out so they like to use the PC to do things online. they do have MSN-Explorer 6.0 and telephone (56k maybe) connection. i told them bring everything it has to me i'll have it up and running in a week, both out of work and don't have the cash flow for a real tech-guy. so my aunt told them about me oh will what can i say how you say it, help some one out the word get around, only now i got stuck with it don't wish to make her look bad, so i'll do it this time.

i'll may have to come here and ask for info so leave this thread here ok. letting you all know what i am up to and why i asking for any help from you all. if i going to update the OS to windows Xo home i'll be needing help digging up the driver for GFX-Card and Printer any thing other too. so i can this over with as fast as i can.

here the funny part it all coming here to my home from Trilogy home town area.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-06-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
well chief im here to give networking, and harddrive, and some OS support
Old 07-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Chief ADFP

think i mainly be needing help digging up them drivers for it so i'll post the make and modle number and S/n to them any help finding their new drivers for Windows Xp be a great help.

i be instilling into it:
1.) Windows Xp Home version a Cd no one use at all they can keep it. with updates (key code never been use) now thats really being nice $100.00 around about it cost at the time.
2.) Lavasoft: Ad-aware 6.0
3.) Spybot - Search & Destroy
4.) the spy killer: HijackThis.exe posting it info on their forum: log-file http://wilderssecurity.com
5.) Extra software, freebie one's like sygate firewall for the home and avast! Antivirus home virsion free.

first i got to make it work with win xp home hardware if it will be able to, if not i try to get it running 100% and instill them freebie software and get it going.

i told them bring every thing it has to my home set it up here and start working on it, wed-day setting it up and start doing it up all day & nite, update run at nite time for windows xp telephone will not be tie up then.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-06-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Chief ADFP

update i got her's system to day.

1.) will the windows Xp thing is out the door. she can't use it. (64mb ram) i have a Windows Xp Home Cd to give to her never been use. (I got Windows Xp Pro) 6.3GB HD told her she do need to get more ram and a bigger HHD at lease 10-40GB one. Ram 256 or more maybe 512 it be better she has 2ea slots to memmiers cards to go into.

2.) it was loaded browser hijack, auto-dialer and spyware totally 353 items.

3.) it had Norton 2002 out of date. i installed it replace it with "Fix-it Version 5.0" it cover e-mail (system-works w/Antivirus program) and avast 2ea Antivirus don't do e-mail disable but it cover areas that the other one may not catch basic they cover each other really nice.

4.) bugger one it's needs, i need mainly as i start to look over it the darn Cd Windows 98 (98SE? 2nd edition) it ask for the Cd to get some files off the Cd. i don't have it, have to ask them if they have the Instiller Windows 98 Cd? if not i have to ask my buddy MS-Tech for it i hope he has a copy of it on hand. to get it may take 2weeks to 4wks from him.

5.) Kerio Firewall instill it handles a lot of things. firewall is good and for 30days they have more items to use if they like to keep the extras it's 40.00 other wise the firewall it really good. that part of it is free to use and update only the extra it come with cost. no spyware and ad-ware in it at all. they had no firewall at all.

will thats all for now can't really do anymore till they ether get the WIndows 98 cd of theirs or i try to get a tech help me out on that part of it.

Ps: it really a cheap computer system around 200.00 it don't have much to it at all, i try to instill Dx 9b it lockup on restart trying update the setting. oh will try again tomorror see what is going on with it and try to fix that part of it and restill Dx9

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-08-2004 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Chief ADFP

will i finally got it clean of all crap was in it reg/errors/spy-ware/ad-ware/hi jack brewers/ will it all fix now.

working on updating the hardware software is updated but office 2000 is not need Cd they have it have to wait till up coming sat-day to do that. got a tech who a buddy of my he may have more 2ea ram cards for it to boost it up. FREE-BIEEE

By the way the tech buddy of my says it a home brow type PC maker: Premio PC. i do believe him been to their site ROFLMFAO it not one of the best i seen and not much they have to sale to the public ether. lol their site gone down a lot bandwidth over run to.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-16-2005 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Chief ADFP

update i got more ram cards for it, they are:

Old set: 1ea
Maker: SyncMax
8x64 x SD-7-SYNC
PC100-CL2
P/N: SO64M-08038-102
Made in: U.K.

replacement: 2ea
Maker: Simens
MYS64V120GU-10 4M X 64 SDRAM
C129820051 PC66-222-910
Made in: Germany

think the replacement is a slower ones, but they are new and more ram for the system 98 (Win 98 first one not 98SE) Freebies no cost. i chip in to it for them USD-80.00 added in new software i paid for them.

A.) Fix-it 5 (system work w/Antivirus program to-boot). USD-50.00
B.) Pop-Up Stopper Professional USD-30.00

FreeBe:
A.) 2ea 64Mb Ram cards= 128mb (was 1-ea 64Mb Ram)
B.) Sygate firewall
C.) Avast Antivirus program
D.) Updates on hardware Drivers Video/Audio/Modem PCI cards.
E.) Ad-aware 6.0
F.) Spybot - Search & Destroy
G.) HijackThis
H.) My time cleaning it up mother broad and hardware nasty and dusty like hell. taken 2-3hrs to cleaning and blowing it all out tower and the monitor.
I.) Gave them my old GoBack 3.03 to them i don't use it any more don't work to good for Windows Xp pro anyway they can have it Cd and all. Windows 98 don't have system restore at all. to old i think.

only one draw back cable for the printer don't think it any good getting error. its been updated by HP site got the new software and driver's for it. really think its the cable its old. going to see if they can be clean if not have to look around for a better set for the printer.

Remark: i updated my Audio card SB-Live Values today fully working with Windows Xp Pro now. Ver 3.0

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-13-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:12 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
There shoudl be more people willing to do these types of things for people like you are Chief, I think its great that your helping someone who would otherwise have no idea whats going on. Goodluck

Old 07-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Chief ADFP

will i had some help ex-tech support for Mircsoft who use to work for them long time all go and people at Wilders Security Forums to clean it the reg of junk spyware and adware and any viruses it may had in it. and my some what know how. bottom line its really a home brow Computer system. Premio Pc watch out don't buy their system best stay away from them.
My Tech says they are really a headack if you buy their system. almost no tech support at all. and cost is cheap.

next day or 2 i be done with it totally finish. got to get that darn printer working for them before this weekend.