Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-22-2006, 06:02 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain Smacking kids faces ban.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4636240.stm

I wonder if this is a good idea, (not I hasten to add that I am in favour of smacking chilldren for no good reson), but surely parents should be able to correct their children using reasonable force?

Regards
Old 01-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

i disagree, should be made illegal, there are other ways to punish children without resorting to physical violence, not that i think a child should be taken from the parents if it happens once or anything like that but it shoudlnt be allowed IMO..
Old 01-22-2006, 06:22 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
kids have no discipline, a quick slap on the legs soon stopped me being naughty when i was little.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Terry is offline Terry

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
kids have no discipline, a quick slap on the legs soon stopped me being naughty when i was little.
amen!

ive always had a slap on the legs if i was naughty as a kid, and it always worked. was never malicious or overly aggresive, it was a simple slap, but it always put me in my place. i think it should be allowed, considering its done with positive intent.

theres a difference between "discipline" and "assault".

kids need discipline, there is none now days

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Lucky is offline Lucky

true. a smack on the hand or leg could be resonable but on the head is unccceptable. a baby could get damaged for life phisically if you hit it to hard
Old 01-22-2006, 08:21 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
i disagree, should be made illegal, there are other ways to punish children without resorting to physical violence, not that i think a child should be taken from the parents if it happens once or anything like that but it shoudlnt be allowed IMO..
I agree!

My parents have never done that, they had other means of correcting bad behaviour and i was a nice friendly little boy, and im still friendly and can behave!

My photography website

Old 01-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Depends on the kid really... I probably would have been a better kid if I got a slap once in awhile.. Before my dad left when I was young I was pretty good, never got 'beat' but nothing could whip me into shape like a nice spanking on the bare ass! I also don't think slapping a kid is to much (depending on there age). I do not believe in beating a kid, just some need more then 'go to your room!'

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
I think its a joke when someone that probably has'nt had any kids tells you what you should and should not do.

Im all for bringing back the cane to schools, And if I think I need to smack my kids as punishment then I will.

Im fed up with these pratts its all these do gooders that are responsible for the **** country we live in today.. Slaps didnt hurt me I aint even got a Criminal Record for anything and im 40...
Old 01-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK
I think its a joke when someone that probably has'nt had any kids tells you what you should and should not do.

Im all for bringing back the cane to schools, And if I think I need to smack my kids as punishment then I will.

Im fed up with these pratts its all these do gooders that are responsible for the **** country we live in today.. Slaps didnt hurt me I aint even got a Criminal Record for anything and im 40...
LMAO!! I hear ya Sal.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 01-22-2006, 05:28 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

any part of the body that could get damaged if hit too hard, or to often shouldnt be allowed..

i use to get hit, it stopped once i started to hit back, and block..ect.. was making me violent (dont see how its meant to teach a lesson)..

but now im not, stay out of trouble and only hit people if its self-defense

if they brought the cane back into school id take it off the teacher if i got hit, and hit him to see how it feels, i dont think hurting someone makes them learn
Old 01-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Depends on the kid really...

Old 01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

What i'm talking about is a good spanking... Kids here in the US are bad now days.. they have no respect for there parents because the parents cannot do ANYTHING. You can hit your kid if you want jail, you can call the police to take the kid and end up getting a lecture on becoming a good parent. I've been through it at my house with my sister, there is nothing parents can do. They only time my mom wasen't afraid of my older sister was when I was around, cause my mom couldn't do anything about it, but I could. I remember one time (of a few) my sister hit my mom when I wasen't there and MY MOM ended up getting yelled at from the police about violence!

I don't believe in beating your kids, or makeing them afriad of you, but you gotta show em whos the boss or soon you'll be taking orders from them..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

I agree Scott! I've open handedly spanked my children and they behave now. Only spanks on the butt. In fact they are Angels. I've never hit them with anything or my fist. They are girls so my spanking was a bit of a joke and I never do it when I'm mad but as a lesson. And they learned!

Old 01-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I get belted, smacked, ridiculed, and bullied at times mainly.
When dad was here most of the time when my brother did something bad, dad asks him.
My brother lies and then dad does not know who to smack. I get belted at the same time. Just yesterday
I stood on a rake and it smacked me in the forehead, now I got a big lump but my fault. Got a sore middle finger cause of a black belting and a stinging under my nostrils so really really it kind of cruel and stuff. I have got bruised legs and stuff as well adding it.

My only weak spot when fighting is that if I get tickled feet then I fall to the ground laughing like hell!
It is really weak!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black

Last edited by Chrispy; 01-22-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

its part of my religion to spank a disobedient kid.
i got spanked, my mom got spanked, my granny got spanked and by gollie i will spank.
it says in the bible, spare the rod and spoil the child.
in the biblical days the disobedient kids were taken into the town square and stoned if they didnt learn from getting wooped.
thats probably 1 of the reasons that some kids are so freking stupid and disobedient these days, in need of a good ass woopin, the parents too.
id like to have seen some stiff in a suit come to my great grandads door and tell him he couldnt spank his kids, lol, that would have been 1 dead civil servant, he grew up during the depression and was worrking in the mines at age 12, when he was 38 he got shot 7 times in a robery with a 32snub nose and was able to get his gun and kill the sombich that shot him.
he was told by the docktors that he was gona die, he cussed them out and told his kids to take him to another docktor that knew what the hell they was doing.
it took him a year but he recovered and lived to be 85yrs old.
thats the kindof people that we will never see again, the older generations that had more streinghts and integerity in a thumbnail than most kids these days got in their entire bodys.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 01-22-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:49 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I'm for the spankings..... All I have to do is look at my brother.

No respect for other peoples property... having to password protect all computers, etc because no matter how many times he is told not to get on with out permission, he doesn't listen.

No matter how many times he is sent to his room or banned from watching movies, playing computer, etc it has no effect.

I think it is important though not to give the spanking when your angry.

IcI
Old 01-23-2006, 03:29 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK

Once again Sal you and I are on the same wave length because I too am sick to the back teeth of the bloody "do gooders" who try to tell us how to live our lives and as a result of their stupid interference we now have a much less respectful society that seeks to find excuses for any behaviour instead of punishing those guilty of bad behaviour!

Someone some where has to say enough and if we don't then I truly fear for the future!

Warmest Regards to you mate

Steve/Baddog
Old 01-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Terry is offline Terry

amen!

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-23-2006, 02:27 PM
hutchie is offline hutchie

i think it is good and bad as some of u say they should ban it but some kids get out of order and should be hit but not in the face as that can be classed as child abuse

Old 01-24-2006, 12:17 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by jarhead
i think it is good and bad as some of u say they should ban it but some kids get out of order and should be hit but not in the face as that can be classed as child abuse
That's a very fair point bro!!!!

Regards