Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:41 PM
soloIQ is offline soloIQ

ppl cant join my server

help..just moved to a new state..now ppl cant join my server..but i can join other servers....i have come here to seek wisdom old wise ones
Old 08-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

did you disable your firewall and open the ports needed in your router (if you have one )
Old 08-14-2005, 12:58 PM
soloIQ is offline soloIQ

yes firewall is down..im used to doin that as i have been hostin for years...tho that router thing is news to me....gulp...i have moved b4 and dont remember this problem ..thanx mister for the tip tho..and is it easy to do the router thing?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

uh.. first you have to figure out what your router is, what your username and pass is for your router and what ports needed and follow this basic tut here-
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
pick your router then delta force. i dont know what ports yo need for lw but repace the ports with the ones in there
Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 PM
soloIQ is offline soloIQ

bless u kind sir..1st i must find my dictionary to figure out what u said then i will see what i can do to get my ''dumb maps'' server back up...may ur camels have many babys.....thanx, solo
Old 08-30-2005, 04:26 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Cry Can't host gliche just got me too

I am in the same boat. Recently moved and then shortly after, I have a major Hard Drive crash, and a DELL technician put a new 250G hard drive in, and a NVidia Video-PX6600-256 Graphics card in. Window XP pro had to reinstalled as nothing was salvagable from the old hard drive. Now just like you for the first time no one can join my site. I can join other sites but when anyone tries to join my site, it just freezes up on them. DELL Tech Support claims it is not the PC; and Linksys Tech Support Claims it is not their Router, all the correct port numbers are there; and my Cable ISP Tech Support claims it is not their Cable internet; so on to NVidia Tech Support, and Novalogic Tech Support. When I find the answer, I will post it here.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:31 PM
soloIQ is offline soloIQ

gee man..sounds like u got big trouble with lots of big words...i had someone redo my ports or port or something like that..so i can host now...sure hope u can get urs fixed too..good luck and stop by dumb maps sometime..page 4 probly..as i lost page 1 that i had for years....grrr... and thanxs for the effort mister.....cu in..soloIQ
Old 08-31-2005, 04:18 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
DC, do you have sp2 installed? and if so, is the windows firewall running?

IcI
Old 09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Biggrin

YEAH! Got mine working! Somehow between Tech Support and me, when we reinstalled everything, my assigned IP address for this PC, got the last two digits changed. That is the forwarding address that has to be assigned to the router ports you open to host and play the game. You can check your PC's assigned IP address by going to: CONTROL PANEL; Network Connections; right click on the Local Area Connections that is connected; then click on STATUS. If yours is manually configured, it will be the IP address under the words Manually Configured. Then you can go back to your Router Setup program where you opened the ports and see if it has the same IP address typed there.

Yes, I also discovered that I had 3 different Firewalls to disable. One that I installed: ETrust EZ Firewall; the Windows Firewall that Service Pack 2 enabled; and the Firewall in the Router itself. I have heard that some software products have their own built in Firewalls, so you do not want any programs running in the background while you are trying to host.

Really glad to be up and hosting again. Colored_FOG, will be up and running at 8:30 PM Pacific time tonight! CYA there.

Last edited by DC_Scout_67; 09-01-2005 at 12:19 PM.