Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:30 AM
Maverick_Y is offline Maverick_Y

Sad A bug during mapping

I found a bug that the choppers will infinitely respawn even if you set spawn times in MED, and what's more wired is that they won't respawn at their original place, they will spawn at a certain point of the map. The spawned choppers collide with each other and explode after a period, so I can see they explode, respawn, explode, respawn, none stopping.

This bug will appear when there are too many (maybe more than 5?) choppers in map. It appears in my old map Advanced Air Attack(I have uploaded in HQ) and my new map. Is that a code error in DFX2?
Old 07-20-2020, 01:36 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_Y View Post
I found a bug that the choppers will infinitely respawn even if you set spawn times in MED, and what's more wired is that they won't respawn at their original place, they will spawn at a certain point of the map. The spawned choppers collide with each other and explode after a period, so I can see they explode, respawn, explode, respawn, none stopping.

This bug will appear when there are too many (maybe more than 5?) choppers in map. It appears in my old map Advanced Air Attack(I have uploaded in HQ) and my new map. Is that a code error in DFX2?
mmmm, I'll look into it, sounds familiar, in some maps you'll will need to set an event to kill some ssns or make something else definite happen before the start to stop triggers firing prematurely.

The above is a complex issue that would probably need close examination and hopefully is not your problem.

A few suggestions for the moment...

Check that the settings for the helo waypoints are not doubled up. In DFX2 you can redirect several ways, events, properties and wac.

Make sure the chopper pilots and AIs have time to board (if any).

Check helicopter height (could fall unless set to hovering).

Vaporise the helo groups or ssns to remove them from the map.

Add health var to the wac.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:05 PM

After thinking about it a bit I'd hazrd a guess and say.

From memory if the pilots are not boarding for any reason, the choppers will eventually blow up and respawn until the pilot is aboard.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:47 AM

with more test, I found this bug is about AI textfile
if you never change the AI textfile (default Drivable-Litte Bird Bench) the spawn will work. If you have change it to another, for example, to Helo-Black hawk Z transport in my new map, the spawn will not work and the bird will spawn at a certain point of map. Even if you change it back to Drivable-Little Bird Bench the spawn will never work again.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
with more test, I found this bug is about AI textfile
if you never change the AI textfile (default Drivable-Litte Bird Bench) the spawn will work. If you have change it to another, for example, to Helo-Black hawk Z transport in my new map, the spawn will not work and the bird will spawn at a certain point of map. Even if you change it back to Drivable-Little Bird Bench the spawn will never work again.
I see it's not a bug after all then, NHQ has known about this "error" for many years, this shows the importance of thinking about anything unusual you've done and mentioning it in your post

As for AI text files? There's a few surprises left in store for you yet...

Old 07-22-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
I see it's not a bug after all then, NHQ has known about this "error" for many years, this shows the importance of thinking about anything unusual you've done and mentioning it in your post

As for AI text files? There's a few surprises left in store for you yet...

They never tell player AI textfile is problematic
After all, that's the only way to make chopper shoot IR decoy flare
Old 07-23-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
They never tell player AI textfile is problematic
After all, that's the only way to make chopper shoot IR decoy flare
There was never any error because different AI has different functions that must be understood before use or you will have this problem.

To elaborate for you, the AI can be autonomous and under self control (depending on their AI - default is the usual and you may use follow waypoint z but the others are tricky).

They (AI) can ignore all usual instructions. For example in my server map DFX2 Rangers the helos are semi-autonomous and waypoint following, attacking.

Puma Littlebird benches and AH6 Rockets

They follow waypoints to a certain extent then attack you on their own depending on range with some others not - if you hide well enough and wait long enough they will go away and resume patroling.

They cannot be controlled by the usual method and can be difficult at times.

This is all part of it, they "NL" just didn't instruct on every possible outcome, if you've followed what's been going on over the years you may or may not know about it - it's all buried deep now.

Last edited by Guest001; 07-23-2020 at 03:06 PM.