Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-25-2003, 05:24 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Give me a break!!!!

I just want to say that I am heartily sick and tired of certain sections of the British and American press and media constantly attacking the recent war in Iraq.

U.S. and U.K. forces did get rid of at least one weapon of mass destruction, Saddam Hussain who ordered the death's of thousands of his own people as the two mass graves (so far) found indicate.

If this madman had been left in power then sooner or later he would have aquired the technology to produce biological, chemical or nuclear weapons and then he would have used them! He had already used chemical weapons against one section of the people of Iraq and would not have hesitated to do so again!

The U.K. and European press constantly carp about no such weapons being found and some of their anti American rhetoric is down right offensive!

As I've said before on these boards, we must all have short memories because with out U.S. forces in Europe over the last 50 years or so, we would have become satelite states of the U.S.S.R. sooner or later and only the presence of U.S. forces and long term commitment of the U.S. governments to our defence prevented this.

America has given much to the world in terms of it's treasure and more importantly, the lives of it's young men and women in the defence of freedom, go to France and see the names in the graveyards of those boys from all over the U.S. who came here to Britain to fight in the last world war, they gave their lives for Europe and it sickens me to see the French and Germans critisize the U.S. without whom they would not be free now!

I know I've said this before but there are British troops out there in Iraq too doing their level best to help bring about a democratic state for all the people of Iraq!

I just wanted to get this off my chest and yes I am very pro American as my Father was an American serviceman who came here to serve his country.

Thanks for letting me say this and lets get behind those brave troops of the co-alition who are just doing their jobs and dieing in the process!

Regards
Old 07-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
here here i hear that thanks for saying that
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-26-2003, 11:38 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

You are most welcome bro!

Regards
Old 07-27-2003, 03:59 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

I guess we should thank the japanise army of bombing perl habour for our freedom then...

Yes that was a sickening thing to say and i regret i did it! But USA joined the war becouse they were attacked at perl habour.... So it has to be said!

I dont think the gouvermount of U.S.A at that time gave a **** in who controled europe, aslong as they wernt affacted...
But they became affected at perl habour, which made them give a ****...

Face it, the world is about domination, everyone wants someone to owe them... The higher you are in the hiarkie the more you demand!

The world countries govermounts all want the same! They want to expand:

Hitler did it, we all know about his "Das Dritte Reich"! (no that dosnt mean anything razistic, just so you get mad and think im a razist or anything)
England did, where would USA be now if they didnt?
Kingdom of Rome?
Irak tried to, yea they tried to invade Kuwait(sp?)
Sweden, we all know how they tried invaded europe!
Kina, they invaded the holy grounds of Dhali Lama (dont know if he was the one in charge of that time)
Russia, yea we all know about the baltics and finland!

Thats to name a few..
Now U.S.A were trying to invaide Irak, yea to control the oil and to get their choice of leadership..
We cant forget that something good happend, the people of Irak was freed from the tyran dictator Saddam Hussain!

U.S.A didnt find any weapons, there were no threat aginst U.S.A either.. Kinda understand why it was so hard for the inspectors to find something, right? But no there were no chance they could find any... Anyone know what they did before the Gulf War? Yes they were searching for weapons inside Irak, and belive it or not, they were sucsessfull! They did find biological weapons...

Irak havent used any biogical weapons on any country besides in their own... So yea they were a big threat for the world, no! They Saddam was a big threat to his own country and those who lived there...

I dont hate USA i hate that "Europe and the whole world owe us! We are the best! We are better then everyone!" Thats what i hear daily, that is what i call nationalists!
Where i live nationalism is taken serious, its taken as racism...

Its great that USA exists and i really like the country, my dream is to sometime visit!

I would however be able to be without the nationalistic mentality!

PS I DONT HATE USA! So dont give me that BS! Its also late so somethings may be inacuret as i cant think too strait at these times DS

Also a thanks to the soldiers out there who do give a **** about other things, which no gouvermount seems to be able to!

Also a thanks to my fellow countries soldiers in Kongo and the rest down there! You'all are doing a great thing!

One question to everyone, do you'all know what happend to the FN/UN soldiers in Kongo about 2 weeks ago? No dont try to check CNN i have allready done it, there is nothing about it there...

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 07-27-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:41 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I think you will find that America was commited to helping the U.K. via lend lease long before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. President Roosevelt made a speach in which he mentioned " it being good sense when a neighbours house is on fire, to lend him a hose". This of course was a reference to the fact that the war against Hitlers Germany would eventually spread globally. America became the "Arsenal of Democracy" against tyranny and it is certain that with out the help of the United States, we here in this small island would never have been able to defeat Germany.

It should also be remembered, that the Japanese attacked British colonies in the far East before they launched their attack on Pearl Harbor.

America has made mistakes in foreign policy but then, so have we here in the U.K. over the many years we ran the worlds largest Empire.

If the U.S. had remained neutral, then the Soviet Union would have won the war in Europe and all the countires of mainland Europe would have been Soviet satelites. Given that fact and we must remember, the Soviet Union suffered the greatest loss in civilian and military life and destroyed the biggest part of the German army, we would have been left as an isolated outpost of democracy off the coast of Europe.

Iraq was a war to rid the world of a mad man and his potential to aquire and eventually use nuclear, biological and nuclear against anyone who opposed him. The U.S. has stated that it has no wish to remain in Iraq any longer than is absolutely neccessary. They and the rest of the world, wish to see a democratic government established in Iraq as soon as possible.

Of course the world is dominated by one power or another, a hundred years ago Great Britain was the worlds super power, today thankfully, it is a democratic nation that dominates world trade and is the only true super power and for that fact alone I am enternally greatful that it happens to be the United States of America.

I must admit that I am biased being half American however I think history speaks for itself and as a result of American domination, all the nations of the world and in particualr Europe, (rebuilt by the Marshall plan after world war 2) have profited greatly.

Regards