Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:31 AM
B3no is offline B3no

i really hope nova comes out with something good, although i have a very bad feeling it will be Xtreme all over again

Old 03-15-2008, 10:48 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally posted by B3no
i really hope nova comes out with something good, although i have a very bad feeling it will be Xtreme all over again
yea i have that feeling aswell, never liked DFX but that is just me...

Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 AM
LilDude is offline LilDude

Send a message via AIM to LilDude Send a message via Yahoo to LilDude
yeah i think it willbe DFx on a new better looking engine lol
Old 03-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will the bottom line is we have to wait till it release, if it good or a flop we will see then.

Delta Force: Task Force Dragger
Delta Force: Extreme

a lot of people think these were bad to start with (above two games), but they had their hits parade as will, DF: 2/LW/BHD/JOTR so it not all bad.

NL been out of the scene for a long time, can they make a come back we have to see. if this game turn out to be a flop think they can hang it up for good. on the other hands if the players love it way better then COD4 and other game then that will make them great.

personally i feel they can do it if!! NL do everything right the first time around and get it right 98%. they have a big fight on their hands to make this work out the first time around.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by LilDude
yeah i think it willbe DFx on a new better looking engine lol
Its funny everytime there is a new Nova game this comes up about the Engine, I know it is old now but I think it will be another Updated Engine but still the same core to it.

I think if the engine totally disapeared it would not be a nova game, it has to much going for it as I have said for a few years, the ability for anyone to pick up the map editor and create the maps they want to play. Though connections are fast these days there is nothing worse than waiting for a map to download before you can get into a game such as Day of defeat source(Yes I still play it...lol.) But it gets annoying waiting even with my 20 meg connection.

Though as they say A change is as good as a rest..lol A part of me looks forward to a new engine but A part will also miss the engine that started DF in the first place.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Chief ADFP

some game software company do this so they can get new start on a fresh Engine totally.

i would love to see them do it from scratch totally. they trying new things out maybe they going that way.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I'm pretty sure a lot of upgraded game engines these days still have the original codes of the first game engine it used. Well, that's what I read in some Unreal Tournament interview or something...

Funny thing is, a lot of people just take engines like this for granted. They don't seem to remember that there's not many games out there where it's so easy to make maps and mods, and when you jump into servers you can play any map without "downloading" it first.

Just a thought...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
DFX and TFD were jut money making addons/remakes for nova. They didnt take much work and they produced good profit.

Look what happened we had DFLW, then we got TFD which many were dissapointed in, but then we got BHD which is a great game.

Hopefuly the cycle of Good - Crap addon - good continues.

Perhaps nova just use these addons to fund production of better games let not forget they have the cash from team sabre too.

Have faith, this will be a good game, lets not write it off yet. DFX was never meant to be revolutionary.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 PM

All DFX was, was basically a $20 game packed with a slight bit of action and fun in it plus a DF1 redux). It was just there to rack up a bit o' money and keep the players occupied till their new game ("Cuba Libre", "Angel Falls", "Black Ops").

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
in my opinion, i think it was mentioned before, this is basically NOVA's last shot at a game, and if it is terrible they might as well just give up

personally i will not buy the game for a few months after it comes out just to see what the reviews are about the game and after i see some videos on how the game play is and if they are actually putting out new updates every once in a while like they do on COD4

Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
What the hell are you talking about the last few posts? Are you ok? Or are you on drugs? It just doesnt make sense...

Ow WOW, you know someone that has been flown over there.. what a coincidence that is... Its always "i know someone"
I think you just full of it and pretending to be bigger then you really are..

Also, there is a edit button, try to use it sometime.. It saves in the spamming

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 04-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by mastermachman
nothing to do with trade marks !!!!

GAME WAS **** and they killed it ..... they were smart enough to realize it .....

New game it set in Modern Warfear ... not the Indo crap we have now... but with a twist.... Far out twist !!!!
Hummmmm??????
i hope its a total new Modern Warfare game and not the same old broken record they been running with

new charters and skins and theme to the game! other wise they can hang it

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-21-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 AM

@ Katana, ya can't edit posts in this main news forum lol.

There is a chance SnM and Freaks could have seen stuff that we haven't, due to their affiliations with NovaLogic, but I'm not sure whether this is all true or not...
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Chief ADFP

Re: hi

Quote:
Originally posted by usmansial
Hello !
please don't attach maps for other to get inside the forum, we have a map data base for that, you can upload your maps to to this site in the right area
Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by mastermachman
P.S after reading your post Katana for some reason the edit button dosnt work for me... i type very fas and do make mistakes... im not perfect like you ..Please forgive me ..... or let me EDIT MY POST!!
this is the "main news" listing the option to edited post is disable in this area

we don't need members to edited their thread or post in this area. that would open to defacing the main home page were the main news is shown in is why.

make many post you have to its ok in this area, but try to think before you hit the submit button

Ps thanks for trying to get hot news for us! anything is better then no then at all
Old 04-21-2008, 06:27 PM

I don't think Katana meant whatever he said literally...

And that "Indo crap" was modern warfare. JO was set in modern warfare times. According to the weapons used and the setting, I'm assuming that game would be based around late 90s and early 21st century.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Chief ADFP

some times i wish nova get off the old bandwagon get in to something totally never been seen before.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:18 AM

They're more about bringing out fun and enjoyable games than aiming for something new, IMO...

It would be a shame to hear that they've worked all this time on a game and never really brought in anything new, so hopefully they come up with something good.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Wasn't there word that this was gonna come out in October?

I heard this from quite a close friend too, so I doubt it's a big rumour or anything...
Old 04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Chief ADFP

would not shock me they release it late 2009