Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
DF2 Screen res

was there ever a way of increasing the resolution for DF2 apart from using df optirun or manually editing the df2.cfg file game_res = x and changing that to 6. i think they just boosted it to 1024x768 or something equally poor

i never recall anyone changing to a custom res, but anyone recall anything that might be useful? i'll buy you a doughnut if you can get me to 3440x1440
Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

There is this tool: http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=444

it gets you to 1280x960 (it sets game_res = 7).. I wonder what 8 does?

I wonder if NL will ever release a patch for DF2 so we can play in HD

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-08-2015, 10:16 AM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I wonder if NL will ever release a patch for DF2 so we can play in HD
I think that's listed as priority #2 right behind Angel Falls.

A note for future readers: setting the DF2 resolution 1280x960 can cause your game to become unstable and crash regardless of your machine. That's not always the case, but it's something to keep in mind.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

The max I could run without major graphic issues was 1024x768. Over time while I was playing more and more buildings started floating or just disappeared. Software mode works a little better for me than hardware mode.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-10-2015, 12:15 PM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

I'm guessing that games pre-F22 era are probably not selling enough copies to warrant a screen resolution patch... I guess it's their best selling title on Steam; otherwise, they wouldn't have updated it. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see BHD or JO get that treatment, assuming they sell anywhere close to F22.

Since it's a different game engine, I doubt it'd be helpful, but have you taken a look at how they did it in F22 to see if it can be "ported over" to DF2? Like I said, I'm sure it's a stretch since it's the Comanche engine instead of the Voxel one, but I figured it's worth asking.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

I've heard of some freeware shaders that are able to do such things.

I can't say what their name is or where from here because 3rd party shaders can also be used for cheating.

Also NL says modding is fine for personal use but it's a different story online.

So as always be very careful when seeking any freeware from the net and remember not to be tempted by the power of these sorts of software.

Stompem
Old 09-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

i tried SRWE and window borderless gaming and some others, best i can get is the window to be bigger, but the contents of the window never get any bigger.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
i tried SRWE and window borderless gaming and some others, best i can get is the window to be bigger, but the contents of the window never get any bigger.
Yes Steve you're right, increasing the resolution on an existing image or stream doesn't necessarily increase the fidelity.

Some cleverly configured and modified "shaders" are out there that can interpolate the missing data needed to display games at higher resolutions, even adding higher level effects as well.

For users of older DX version games and individual game EULA's apply.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

the game is just the same size in the top left corner and the rest of the window is just black space. :/ . these things work much better for more modern games it looks like, 8k and above resolutions on the fly
Old 09-13-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
the game is just the same size in the top left corner and the rest of the window is just black space. :/ . these things work much better for more modern games it looks like, 8k and above resolutions on the fly
OK Steve - I guess some things just can't be done but maybe you can improve and add things to make up for it: This link is OK and the software is only a video effects shader suite - not a modding shader set.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

Effects include:

* SMAA Anti-aliasing : Anti-aliases the image using the SMAA technique - see http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/
* FXAA Anti-aliasing : Anti-aliases the image using the FXAA technique - currently only work under DirectX9. Use the d3d9.dll found in \SweetFX\dlls\FXAA DX9 dll\ for this.
* Explosion : Scatters the pixels similarly to the Explosion filter in Irfanview
* Cartoon : Creates an outline-effect that makes the image look more cartoonish.
* Advanced CRT : Mimics the look of an old arcade CRT display.
* LumaSharpen : Sharpens the image, making details easier to see
* Bloom : Makes strong lights bleed their light into their surroundings
* HDR : Mimics an HDR tonemapped look
* Levels : Sets a new black and white point. A fast and easy way to increase contrast but it causes clipping. The Curves effect does this in a more subtle way without causing clipping.
* Technicolor : Makes the image look like it was processed using a three-strip Technicolor process - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technicolor
* Cineon DPX : Makes the image look like it was converted from film to Cineon DPX. Can be used to create a "sunny" look.
* Monochrome : Removes colors from the image so it appears as if shot on black and white film.
* Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (and typically does it better then the Tonemap effect)
* Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
* Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
* Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves - without causing clipping.
* Sepia : Sepia tones the image - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepia_tone#Sepia_toning
* Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting )
* Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ditheri...age_processing )
* Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
* Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

* Custom : A template to allow other to more easily program their own shader. Just edit /SweetFX/Shaders/custom.h (some programming knowledge required)