Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-30-2002, 01:23 AM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

Help with AI

LOL I need some help. Anyone really good at working with the AI's. What I am trying to do is make some tactic maps to work some squad tactics out in. So I am trying to us AI's to give heavy fire at us. To kindof defend the red base. You know couple of SAW's couple AT-4's and maybe a OICW or 2. But I cant get them to be smart enough. You know I by myself can take them out with ease. LOL how can i put a 5 man team and try to work out something. NEway in addition. They keep killing themselfs. LOL I mean I know the AI's arnt very smart to begin with but come on. LOL

Old 05-30-2002, 01:42 AM
Dirt*PR* is offline Dirt*PR*

Re: Help with AI

Quote:
Originally posted by DeDRAGE
...They keep killing themselfs. LOL I mean I know the AI's arnt very smart to begin with but come on. LOL
make sure u mark them as RED team in item attributes window.

also...they can only use certain weapons. throw in some yetis for harder kills! don't know what else to say mate. i'm new to single player map stuffs. good luck though!

of course, i'm sure u know this already though, set them to 100% accurracy and maybe put some prone. also increase their feild of view maybe too.
Old 05-30-2002, 03:11 PM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

set the AI to 100% hard, 100% accuracy and give them a .50, they can be VERY accurate with it

Old 05-30-2002, 04:36 PM
ArcticWolf is offline ArcticWolf
DFLW Map Maker

Ok.. darn it..
I'm going to give away one of my secrets..

To make your AI meaner and nastier, you'll need to place 1 each of each type of AI you plan to use in a blank map and save it - name it nasty AI or something.

Now go to your desktop, open NOTEPAD and open the mis file that you saved.

As you scroll down in each AI listing you will see a line that says:

perfectionist2 100

Change this 100 in this line to somewhere in the range of 200 to 256 (max).

This line should now read:

perfectionist2 200

Do this for EACH AI and then save the mis file (just click SAVE AS and then find the map name again).

Now restart your editor and copy and paste them where you want them and as you paste each one, make sure you give it a weapon and adjust it's ITEM ATTRIBUTES accordingly.

If you really want to make your map fun, place some extra ones with weapons that are NOT set to Guarding and NOT set to waypoint routes. What will happen is that they will run to where ever they hear gunshots and join in the fun.

Word of caution. I do not totally understand what exactly this setting does but as long as the AI live, they get smarter and better with their weapons, and it will take them less and less shots to kill you. If they are set as FREE ROAMERS, they will use the terrain and hide in places such as under bridges and along the shore of the rivers or lakes and drive you nuts till you find them.

Last note? Watch your back! They will eventually sneak up and find your spawn point and spawn kill you if they live long enough!

~~~~~~
ADDED:

If you've ever played any of my DFLW coops, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, then click HERE TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THEM!

Last edited by ArcticWolf; 05-30-2002 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:44 PM

eek ArcticWolf...

u wouldn't happen to have a mis file setup like that already hidding on ur pc for us would ya? if not i'll give it a try in few weeks, as i'm doing a special project the next 4 weeks.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:40 AM
DFLW Map Maker

Re: ArcticWolf...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt*PR*
u wouldn't happen to have a mis file setup like that already hidding on ur pc for us would ya? if not i'll give it a try in few weeks, as i'm doing a special project the next 4 weeks.
Man...... ROFLOL!

You all are really lazy you know that? LOL

Mean DFLW Spanish AI Zip File

There are 7 AI on the D4 terrain, modify the Attributes as needed. The Perfectionist line is set to 200. Remember to make some of them Free Roamers and remember this: Prepare to die A LOT!!!

If you wish to actually test them first then DOWNLOAD THIS!

Those are ALL of my coop maps - and yes, you WILL get your bloody head shot off if you try to play RAMBO in them!
Old 05-31-2002, 09:08 AM

ArcticWolf

well since i'm in a bad mood, cause of work, i'll make this simple and short...

didn't mean to sound pushie or annoying. if its too much trouble mate then just say you'd rather i did it myself cause of whatever reason. i'm not usually this blunt...but i had a very bad day at work then i read u calling me "lazy". i know ur probably joking so don't take what i'm saying here too hard. i guess i'll just keep my mouth shut like a good little boy from now on.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:25 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
You did have a bad day mate. I see his link to that file you asked for right there.
Whats the problem????????
I imagine AWolf is going to be little less happy to share his work if hes going to get such bad abuse...

Old 05-31-2002, 10:33 AM

Re: Re: ArcticWolf...

Quote:
Originally posted by ArcticWolf

Man...... ROFLOL!

You all are really lazy you know that? LOL

this is my problem if u wish to call it one! i see nowhere in this quote above a "j/k" or anything like that. i see a person who is calling me lazy AND then ROFLOL! for someone to say that to someone else who they don't really know as a close friend is rather rude in my opinion! he might as well said "man, u are a @#%$ing lazy B@stard aren't you, you little american loser! but here is the files for the rookie map maker that u are!"

as i stated above...i'm sure he is joking, i at least hope so as i've never read any post from him in such a tone before...but a little more caution with words perhaps the next time. as of now, the only thing that i'm sorry about is for even asking the question in the first place...but i'm sure if i hadn't someone else would have. i'm been around df forums long enough to know how a real new map maker with always look for a shortcut. i have no hard feelings toward ArcticWolf, but i am a little disapointed in his choice of words. thats all. the above quoted words is all i have a problem with. clear?! so i go for now again before more flames come my way.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:01 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
chill d00d. maybe u misunderstood the post or whatever, it's just it's a lot more effort for u to ask AW to send the file then for him to send it and then for u to open it, that it is for u to change one character from 1 to 2. and also he gave u a link to his maps with the special AI in it.

maaaaaaybe u didnt know u can open ur .bms and .mis in notepad? and that is the problem. or u didnt see his link?

hope ur not mad Dirt
Old 05-31-2002, 07:31 PM
DFLW Map Maker

Dirt, I appologize for not adding the j/k. I forgot to think when I did that, I'm so used to posting at DFA and not using that in my posts there and most of the people there know when I'm joking or not. It's my fault.

Also, I did post 2 links, one for a mis file with just AI in it and the other is for all of my current and up to date Coops where I used the modified AI in it.

I hope there's no hard feelings and yes, I'm one of those LAZY American's too...
Old 05-31-2002, 09:16 PM

Appology Accepted.

Quote:
Originally posted by ArcticWolf
Dirt, I appologize for not adding the j/k. I forgot to think when I did that, I'm so used to posting at DFA and not using that in my posts there and most of the people there know when I'm joking or not. It's my fault...
for some reason i haven't had good interaction in forums. maybe its because of all the moving around i've done and the different ideas and beleifs i have as far as morals and general interaction between people. maybe i was quick to jump on u but i did word my first reply as nice as possible!
i could go on about my feelings as to this whole thing but i won't. it was between u and me and all is done now as far as i'm concerned. water under the bridge and all that.

when u have to convay(sp?) ur intentions or meanings into words for people to read, i tend to try to not to offend people by not saying enough, or not giving enough info. smart@sses are people i have no time for. i consider u a fellow gamer, but i don't know u well enough to call u my friend. therefore i wasn't exactly sure as to ur wording at first.
i don't like bullies, never have never will. attitudes are also something that will lose respect for u if its in bad sight to someone, very quickly; as i'm sure some have lost some for me due to my actions here. words are very hard to convay to people, so make sure there is no doubt what it is exactly that u want people to know...i guess thats what i'm trying to say. u know?

anyways... i'm taking leave from df once again now. only the 2nd time i've stepped away from the game since the start.
it did me some good the last time. til i return, cya.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:47 AM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

WoW this thread raised up some stink. Sorry to let u guys get out of hand. Now go stand in the corner till I say its ok to come out! Both of u now!! You are both in trouble!! LOL Sorry had to get on to my kids again....now what was I saying. Oh yea hey AW hope its ok if I call u that. Will it work the same if I have my map already built. Then open the mis in notepad and change that setting. Cause I did this and I didnt see the difference. Is it cause I will have to put them in first then build the map?

Anyway was just kidding both of u guys. You know you are right Dirt its hard to know sometimes what people are really trying to say. And sometimes we do feel like we are being talked down too. But I have to say. This is by far the best forum, aside from my own squad, for posting and getting good information. Sorry my squad forum is my top. But I do enjoy this and hope you guys understand when I say drop it. Cause DF kicks ass and we are can we say DF friends.