Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I want my mouse back :(

Heres my review on MS new mouse, the IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 incase anyone is looking to get a new mouse soon:

I've been using the MS IntelliMouse Explorer, 3.0 since I've been on the computer.. I've went through 3 of them because they break after about a year, left button starts to stick down and scoller gets hard to scroll... but it's the best damn mouse I've ever used..onto my review.

I went to best buy the other night to pick up another new mouse because mine is going to crap again, but Now MS came out with there IntelliMouse 4.0 with there cool new feature 'Tilt wheel' that will let you scroll side to side. This is nice and all (sarcasim), but they made the scroller so soft playing a game, browsing a webpage, scrolling through a list of files is ANNOYING. You cannot change guns on the fly anymore and sometimes it moves to much or dosen't move at all.. You cannot feel thoes clicks anymore and the scroller is like gel (do people really get blisters on there hands from there mouse?). I tried playing delta force with it and gave up after a few minutes.. I switch weapons often with the scroller and like I said before, over scrolls or does not at all. With the old one I click it back twice it's at the knife, up twice it's at the gun again.. Makes this is BIG pain..

end review.. my rant..

So I take it back to best buy for a refund and start looking for my old mouse, didn't find it so I come home, maybe i'll find it online.. Items been discontinued . I did happen to find a place that had 1 left in stock, it should be here soon.. Now I gotta find another place and order an extra or 2 for when this one breaks, but it's worth it. I don't like logitec, no wireless crap, and no special buttons all over the place..

What am I gonna do in 2 years when I cant find a decent mouse anymore that dosen't want to control my whole house?

This is prolly alot to talk about just for a mouse, but it's one of thoes things that's not very easy to change.. Anyone else find stuff like this annoying?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-09-2005, 06:15 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
That is what I found out about my Wireless optical mouse. So I took it back and got this Logitec Minimouse (I couldn't find my old logitec mouse).
Old 03-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
That is what I found out about my Wireless optical mouse. So I took it back and got this Logitec Minimouse (I couldn't find my old logitec mouse).
works really good it do the job nice it not wireles but it same thing as MS-Mouse 3.0 i had the same thing i could not find it so i try Logitec optical Minimouse USB port. it under USD-$20.00¢

got my at wal-mart
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-10-2005, 02:51 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I have had my Microsoft Optical Intellimouse for 3 years without trouble.
Just recently its started playing up. I suspect that the wiring is torn inside near the USB dongle bit so it's on its way out, no mistake.
I have no idea what I am going to do. When I got this new PC with its super FX-53 chip and 22 inch CRT uber monitor and all the trimmings, I gave the keyboard and mouse away and kept the old wired up faithful kit I relied on.
If my mouse dies I know I am going to have to get something that isn't right.
Progess? Stick it up your arse. Maybe I should have bought ten mice when I got this one. I'ts the only way to be sure nowadays.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer razer

nothing fancy, just smooth, light, accurate, and if you dont have one, it's better than the mouse you have now
Old 03-10-2005, 09:07 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical

Old 03-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
I know you said you don't like logitech, but I love my cheap logitech: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=4988

It's optical, corded (I hate cordless), and has no extra crap (I hate extra). Plain and simple, left and right button with scroller. Scroller works great, and I've been using this mouse for about 4 years now, no problems. I have to clean the feet occasionally, but that's it. Best part is it's only $20. I outfit all my computers with these
Old 03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

my mate as a razer. I just have the mouse that came with my computer, a compaq one, nothing fancy, does the job though
Old 03-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

The white intelliMouse is ok but it seems to small and cheap... The logitec have never fit right my hand don't know what it is. The other mouses are just cheap, or have everything on them.. This is only what i've found at my local hardware stores.. I'm sure there are other mouses that will work.

It's not like I need a big expensive mouse, my old one was only $25-30 bucks, 5 buttons (I never used 2 of them, and they were not in the way) I just like it to fit in my hand right and the grey intellimouses do just that. Plus there very accurate. They just break every year.. If it wasen't for that damn wheel in the new intellimouse i'd be a happy camper.

When im writting code I select / copy / paste etc alot. I click things like they were going to dissapear in .1 sec and if i'm not used to the mouse it makes it difficult and annoying. I'm also very impacient so if I can't scroll down a 1,000 line bit of code quick with the wheel it annoys me.

So... the past year has been bad [for me] with stuff like this. Companys are adding everything they possible can to things and people like me just want something simple that does the job. I don't like extras. Maybe i'll give that razor a try, that looks ok.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
I know what you mean about fitting right. I tried a "gamers mouse" at Best Buy, and it was positively awful. It was all big and curvy, it didn't feel right at all.

You might check out some keyboards. I just bought a new keyboard that has a scroll wheel on it, and little easy hotkeys for copy and paste. Anyway, you can press down on the scroller, and it brings up the little arrows to use your mouse and quickly scroll, as well as the usual scrolling motion. It is very very handy for coding, and only costs $20 or so at wal-mart. That might be your answer for scrolling woes.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:44 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
go with a Logitech MX310 or MX510. Best mice around. I am using a MX 310 but i want a MX510.

MX310

MX510

(^^^comes in red, blue, or black)

They are great gaming mice. I love them. I will never get any other type of mouse.

oh yeah, dont get the MX1000. It is gonna be a great mouse in the future but its not totally developed yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-11-2005, 11:26 AM

That MX510 looks very interesting. (8 programmable buttons )

If you use a Logitech mouse this utility might be useful.

http://www.logigamer.com

Last edited by ~MOUSE~; 03-11-2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:14 PM
retarfd is offline retarfd

man i tryed a logitech iclick mouse and it lasted for 3 months now i am stuck with this crapy standard ps2 mouse with the old fashion ball in it.

sigh....
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

JEALOUS? U SHOULD BE MINES BETTER
Old 03-13-2005, 02:01 PM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
I have aLogitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700which also came with a keyboard, but getting a new mouse is no big deal, getting a new keyboard on the other hand is a mother to deal with. It made me a beginner player for the first week and because these new keyboards are so small and compact im sitting here pressing 5 letters with one finger. After about a month im finally used to it and learned all the buttons on it.

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 03-13-2005, 02:07 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Got to control the DVD player on laptop.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-13-2005, 02:14 PM

Oh and helps a lot during presentations.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2005, 02:20 PM

lol.

I have a remote control for my PC as well, unfortunately the mouse control is sooooo.... slooooow.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:33 PM

Oh and how can I forget

I can run games on laptop and view and play them on my TV screen. Nifty piece of cables. I recommend it highly.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2005, 02:41 PM
PrecisioN is offline PrecisioN
elite whiner

Quote:
Originally posted by ~MOUSE~
Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical, Intellimouse Optical

thats what i have
i have bought different mouses with time tried two cordless mouses
but always come back to that one i dont know why but i love it
Old 03-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Mr. T is offline Mr. T

I almost hate to say it, but I've got an old Microsoft Intellimouse Optical wired and I LOVE IT. I've had it since my computer was new in Dec of 2001. It's worked flawlessly, with no signs of giving up now. So, I'll stick with it until it dies - if it dies...!