Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Plain Delta Force: Task Force Dagger

Okay, yesterday, I managed to, for the first time, give the full version of DFTFD a rip.

After I finished installing the game, I gave the game a play. The music, intro, etc. made it really feel cool TBH - one of the cool things in the game.

When I played the first mission in the campaign, I was kinda disappointed I guess. The WEAPONS for example, look horrible. The weapons in DFTFD sucked, because they looked rough... Look at the damn M9! It looks uuuuuuuuugggggggglllllyyyyy! It's kinda hard to believe NovaLogic would release something like this. Even though Nova's games weren't the best, they were filled with action and quality - this one wasn't that great.

Maps lacked building decos, etc. Things look liked they were rushed... Look at the weapon pics! FFS... What's Operation Bear? Doesn't that sound too dull? Where's the long and beautiful briefings that were in the previous DF titles?

The AI, definitely, are probably the worse I've seen in a game, ever. Enemies have to stare at me for about a small while until they realize I'M HERE...

The voices in the missions... They sucked. Well, they were fine in fact, but there wasn't enough voice sounds damnit...

Also, why the heck is a base CP DELTA, etc? Shouldn't it be something like OBJ BLAH?

It was hard to believe that this is what Nova did for their fourth DF title. DFTFD is a total underdog...

Although I did like the different weapon sounds and menu music, etc.

5/10 from me.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Told ya . The only good thing i like about TFD, is the UAV feature. And that when you call for an airstrike, a jet actually flies in a drops a bomb. Not a spectacular napalm, planet-obliterator bomb, but...yeah looks alright.

CP Delta = Checkpoint Delta. I know, sounds so lame.

And yes, the mission names are quiet uninspired arent they? Notice also that the Quick Missions are just the campaign missions, and not side missions like in LW? Ghey...This game has "rush" smeared all over it. IMO, it doesnt even deserve a 5. To me, it holds a 2/10.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
rated 2

many have said its was a expansion of DFLW without all the weapons in it.
crybaby's scream about the weapons they hated in it, so the next one they came out with DFTFD a lot of the weapons were remove from the serials after that point.

and it details and workmanship gone out the window totally.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-21-2007, 10:11 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
TFD was pretty much a rip off from LW. Same graphics, mechanics, everything. They shouldn't have even made it a game, should have just called it an expansion pack to LW.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

It was, it was marketed from day 1 as "A standalone expansion pack to Delta Force: Land Warrior"
Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
TFD was ok for its time and was a fun game to play when everyone was playing it but its not a long laster like df2 or BHD

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
It was, it was marketed from day 1 as "A standalone expansion pack to Delta Force: Land Warrior"
Hmmm...didnt know that. Now i know why its so much alike LW.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
6/10. I changed it. The missions I played today, were kinda cool... And, the AI got considerably better.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
gotta love how they put in a silenced M60 to

hope Nova learned their lesson about getting 3rd parties to make stuff.