Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:49 AM
miaebow is offline miaebow

Send a message via Yahoo to miaebow
Plain Opinions

I'm thinking that making vehicles indestructable is the way to go in my map making endeavors. The reason I believe that is because when you take out something like a motor bike or helocopter part of the fun has gone with it. I know that it's not too realistic, and that you can set them on respawn (which is also unrealistic) so what's your opinion about this?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:23 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
sry i dont like vehicles in DF games at all.

DF has always been a soldier sim in my eyes and that's it's major appeal to me.

if there is going to be vehicles in a map then some at least should be destroyable. wouldnt it make the person invincible if the vehicle they were in was indestrictible?

i'd say destroyable but spawnable
Old 05-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Guns4hire is offline Guns4hire

Send a message via Yahoo to Guns4hire
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
sry i dont like vehicles in DF games at all.

DF has always been a soldier sim in my eyes and that's it's major appeal to me.

if there is going to be vehicles in a map then some at least should be destroyable. wouldnt it make the person invincible if the vehicle they were in was indestrictible?

i'd say destroyable but spawnable

i think it needed to change for the best, cos BF2 GR3 ect will have them stuff but better gameplay and graphics,
Novalogic need to get a better game engine to ketp up with other companys

Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i doubt (and hope to god it wont) GR3 will have driveable vehicles but its becides the point.

adding vehicles to a game doesnt make it 'better', it just makes it a different genre. if you think vehicles in games is good then that's your type of game and you will drift away from soldier sims.

i don't believe NL have to add vehicles to keep up with other companies either, take a look at the most popular FPS games > UT, Quake, Couter Strike = no vehicles.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i doubt (and hope to god it wont) GR3 will have driveable vehicles but its becides the point.

adding vehicles to a game doesnt make it 'better', it just makes it a different genre. if you think vehicles in games is good then that's your type of game and you will drift away from soldier sims.

i don't believe NL have to add vehicles to keep up with other companies either, take a look at the most popular FPS games > UT, Quake, Couter Strike = no vehicles.
exactly. Thats the problem with the new games coming to the public. All of them have vehicles...some indestructible which makes the game un-realistic. If you were to shoot a car....a few times, maybe more...it would eventually blow up. So, why make a car in a game indestructible? Haven't vehicles in the DF series always been destructible? Why change it?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
I think I am with Steve on this one....I started playing CQB right off the bat so vehicles are a big deal there nice but they all seem pretty glitchey (especially in DFX) Take the choppers for example you can get out of the front seat and climb onto the side rails......I really don't think anyone is ignorant enough to do that in real life. I do like the game its nice for 20 bucks but I doubt I would have spent more than that on it. They really need to do an upgrade to the game and the NILE....Although that NILE is one sweet tool
Buzzzzz
Old 05-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Guns4hire is offline Guns4hire

Send a message via Yahoo to Guns4hire
Quote:
Originally posted by mashml
i think it needed to change for the best, cos BF2 GR3 ect will have them stuff but better gameplay and graphics,
Novalogic need to get a better game engine to ketp up with other companys
ya thatrs ture forgot about thros cool games lol

Old 05-16-2005, 09:27 AM

Wink

Well, after reading some of your comments I've decided to go with destroyable but spawnable, at least that way someone else gets the chance to fly/ride or drive. I've just finished my third map for DFX and as its an A&D map it means there's six maps in total.

I'm now looking for a site where I can make them accessable to the general public. I will be hosting them myself in a few weeks time as my connecton is about to go up to 2MB, which most of you know is higher than a T1. Until then I need to get some practice in, I'm a little rusty after two years away from the games front. lol
Old 05-18-2005, 03:57 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I totally agree with Steve on this, I don't like the vehicles at all and having just played the demo of this latest outing from Nova I can say it's a game I will not be buying!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 05-18-2005, 09:28 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Doesn't matter to me. I just pick on people riding them

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 05-18-2005, 10:19 AM
obe is offline obe

Quote:
Originally posted by edge
exactly. Thats the problem with the new games coming to the public. All of them have vehicles...some indestructible which makes the game un-realistic. If you were to shoot a car....a few times, maybe more...it would eventually blow up. So, why make a car in a game indestructible? Haven't vehicles in the DF series always been destructible? Why change it?
You watch too many movies :P

obe -eVo-
obesexual@gmail.com
Old 05-18-2005, 03:36 PM

Wink

To be honest, realism isn't a factor for me. It's the game play that's all important. I mean if you haven't got a good game to begin with, no extra bells or whistles is going to make a difference.

In the case of vehicles though, we couldn't function without them in actual war, so for me at least, they're a welcome change.