Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Eclipse is offline Eclipse

Send a message via ICQ to Eclipse Send a message via AIM to Eclipse Send a message via Yahoo to Eclipse
LW, TFD and RW port #'s

Any 1 know the port #'s to host Land Warrior, Task Force Dagger, and Roger Wilco???
Old 07-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Roger Wilco is automatic set you get a new one ecery time you start to host it i do beleave this is true

From Novaworld.com ref; firewall setting ip port#
DFLW
PROBLEM:
How can I play Land Warrior on NovaWorld from behind a firewall?

RESOLUTION:
You will need to open port 17478 (0x4446) UDP to access Land Warrior online from behind a firewall.

DFTFD (Sill looking other places be back)
PROBLEM:
I use a router to when connecting to the Internet, why can't I host or connect into the Novaworld games?

RESOLUTION:
DSL/Cable Routers (NAT being Network Address Translation devices like cable/dl routers. Some firewalls act like NAT devices too.) take the IP address given you by your ISP and split it into mutiple addresses on the subnet of your LAN.

To connect to Novaworld each computer joining MUST have its own distinct IP address. This is the address that your ISP gave you and not the one on the subnet of the router.

If you are hosting a game from behind a router you will need to set the outbound port, or trigger and the incoming port the same as the firewall ports for the game.

You can play behind a NAT device. But you CAN NOT have multiple clients behind a single NAT device because of the requirement that each computer connecting must have its on distinct IP address.

You will need to contact the manufacture of the router for assistance on how to accomplish the set up. We do not supply support for the router.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-18-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:37 AM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
On my router, all i did was went into the router's admin panel (should be something like http://192.168.2.1 ) and put my computers network IP into the DMZ and it lets me host anygame i want without opening port #'s up or anything else.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
If you are hosting a game from behind a router you will need to set the outbound port, or trigger and the incoming port the same as the firewall ports for the game.

You can play behind a NAT device. But you CAN NOT have multiple clients behind a single NAT device because of the requirement that each computer connecting must have its on distinct IP address.

You will need to contact the manufacture of the router for assistance on how to accomplish the set up. We do not supply support for the router.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-09-2003, 11:25 AM
jaye_fo is offline jaye_fo

All I did was go to my routers configuration panel...and added a server with both tcp and udp ports 17478, and I can easily serve behind a router now...