Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-20-2002, 05:15 PM
KeepinItReal is offline KeepinItReal

Smile SKILL VS LAG

I'm willing to bet that if a survey were to be done of all the highest scoring players of the game it would show that most if not all of them are connecting to the internet via cable or some other high speed connection. Lag is the number one reason why I die...sometimes it's actually because another player legitimately shot me first. Anyone and their grandmother can easily dominate a game when you empty a magazine in their back and they don't die. So those of you who think you win because you have some kind of superior talent for the game....get over yourselves....if we all had a cable connection you would be dead before you ever had a chance to shoot at me.
Old 12-20-2002, 06:26 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
if everyone had the same ping and there was a game, then surely someone would wina nd be able to claim they are the best? u imply everyone would be bad and dead if all pings were equal.

ur right, it is a damn sight easer with cable but the only thing u can do is get cable yourself and prove this.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Romeo Eight Jul is offline Romeo Eight Jul

Send a message via Yahoo to Romeo Eight Jul
KeepinItReal, personally, I believe you're wrong. I came around to playing the DF series after 2 years of playing Half-Life, 3/4 of that time being on 56k. I now have ADSL, and things are swell. BUT. Know how long it took me to get used to having 1/4 of my usual lag? Months. The point is, despite your connection, if you have any kind of skill in the game, you'll be fine. You honestly sound like you're whining...maybe you are, maybe you're not. I knew a few Half-Life players who were in the top 100 players (of HL) in the WORLD who were on 56k, or ISDN (not much difference). The point is, if you're good, you're good, no matter how bad the lag is. If you're like me, and you have a job to go to, and kids to pester you, you don't spend much time playing, so you're not as good, and need the slight edge a faster connection gives you. Keep playing on the servers that you lag on, and you'll get better at the game. THEN, when you get DSL or cable, you'll be even better. That's the way I look at it.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:48 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I started playing df with 56k. My 56k didn't bother me at all. When I got dsl it was harder, only because what Romeo Eight Jul said, you have to get used to it. And if you have been on 56k for awhile then move to cable/dsl it's hard. You won't just 'instantly improve'. Some might but for the most the only way to improve is to learn with what you got now.

I've seen so many great players on 56k, so it's not impossible. Unless you are on AOL.

This can also be reverced, people with cable/dsl can have a hard time killing 56kers, I know I do. And I die easier with dsl (Not cable cause my upload is like 56k ). But when everyone is on cable dsl your modems connect faster and you are easier to kill, if your trying to kill someone on 56k it's a pain in the ass because you have to find your lead all over again.

So when you imply 'everone that is good on 56k would own on dsl' is complete bs. And if you get cable/dsl come play with me. I'll prove it to you.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 12-22-2002, 08:34 AM
Blade is offline Blade

Send a message via ICQ to Blade
Panther do u mind i was on AO shi*y L for years lol still managed to kick some ass no i got 1 meg cable and i find it hard as hell to kill any one prob becuse im to damn fast now but it is well most of the time down to skill and luck

Its not about dieing for your country... Its about makeing your enemies die for theres.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:34 AM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
I started playing df with 56k. My 56k didn't bother me at all. When I got dsl it was harder, only because what Romeo Eight Jul said, you have to get used to it.
i agree

Quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal
if we all had a cable connection you would be dead before you ever had a chance to shoot at me.
err "ok". i take you are a real über player in the BHD demo then.. ROFLOLMAO etc! yeah.. skill in BHD.. heh... hhaa.. hahahHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!! killing in the BDH demo is like taking candy from a senior citizen (wich means its "easy" for all the slow ones out there )

oh yeah, and KeepinItReal, ever tried to aim for the HEAD? you can actually survive after someone sprayed your back with a whole mag.

Old 01-02-2003, 08:40 PM
Daedalus is offline Daedalus

I agree 56k works just as fine as DSL. I have both but when my DSL went down for a couple of days and I played on 56k, there wasn't really much difference.

If you really want to test your skills then the best way is to have a LAN party. I've got a network of 4 PCs in my house and the response is much faster (for obvious reasons). You can get easy kills with both CAR-15 and M21 even if your target is moving. The type of hardware you on your gaming rig (CPU, GPU etc.) could still make a difference though.

I have noticed that at close range, shots to the head or upper chest don't help much. I wonder if some of these guys are using cheats? I got knifed once while emptying a mag at the other guy. Oh well, I guess I'm just not that good.

My 0.02.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:23 AM
staffy bull is offline staffy bull

Re: SKILL VS LAG

[QUOTE][i] Anyone and their grandmother can easily dominate a game when you empty a magazine in their back and they don't die.

don`t understand are you saying us with the fast connections are lagging ? lmao
i too started on 56k used to do ok then i got adsl and boy did i get a spankin
as for emptyin rounds into peeps forgive me but surely it`s those with slower connections that lag
Old 01-14-2003, 12:32 PM
General-Dundee is offline General-Dundee

Biggrin laggggg

i play with cable in the house and modem {56k} in work and i can say without hesitation i am good with both the art of the game is skill and knowing were to look for the enemy ie spawn points the problem will be when the game comes out and everyone and their mother starts using rocket launchers then modem users will have seious lag problems because of these so called players
Old 01-14-2003, 06:11 PM
SÞàrks_ÛK™ is offline SÞàrks_ÛK™

Send a message via ICQ to SÞàrks_ÛK™
Wink Lag

Lag does have an effect on your game, but with skill, you can deal with it.
Ive got cable but i sometimes play DFLW on a mates 56k connection and you do notice the differance, but if you change the way you play the game and find a suitable weapon, (don't snipe on 56k) then you should be able to play ok
Old 01-14-2003, 06:25 PM
ßlòóÐbÀ†H~Uã~ is offline ßlòóÐbÀ†H~Uã~

well when i play and theres mega lag i cry its a real pain but i still go mad and use all my clips just on 1 player but the best way 2 kill if theres lag is 2 go sniper!!!!!!!!!!!

and anouther way u die esay is if u jump around like a bloody chicken!!!!!!!!...
Old 01-14-2003, 06:27 PM
ßlòóÐbÀ†H~Uã~ is offline ßlòóÐbÀ†H~Uã~

stop jumping u compleate twa*
Old 01-15-2003, 05:46 AM
General-Dundee is offline General-Dundee

chickens

I agree these people that jump in a fight are lick headless chickens i can kill them just as easy jumping about as standing still so come on get real you dont see real soldiers jumping up and down when their in a firefight