Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-28-2002, 07:33 PM
Romeo Eight Jul is offline Romeo Eight Jul

Send a message via Yahoo to Romeo Eight Jul
!Polytrn Color Map not specified

That's the error message I get when trying to play a map I made with the BHD Map Editor (which I got from here). After saving, exporting to .bms, etc, I start up the game, go to test out the map, and I get that error message. Any ideas on how to fix this? I AM a newbie to map-making, so it could be just pilot error, but I figured it can't hurt to ask...Thanks.

Okay, I'm a dumba$$...I forgot the fact that there IS a mapping forum here, and just posted under BHD in my short-sightedness...Sorry.

Last edited by Romeo Eight Jul; 11-28-2002 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Edward is offline Edward

you need to after you save and export go into bhd folder and drag the .bms into the packit . the packit came with the editor dnld after ya drag .bms into packit and it packs . you have just over written the original map and now yours should show up for hostn

scout's out http://www.checkpointdelta.com
Old 11-30-2002, 10:59 PM

Yeah, I've saved, exported, packed it, etc...it just doesn't work for me...I can't find any mention of the polytrn color map anywhere, and it's getting frustrating...I can make a map, I just can't play it...grr...

I know there's a Force checkbox in Packit, should I check that, or will it not have any effect?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:20 PM
Edward is offline Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Romeo Eight Jul
Yeah, I've saved, exported, packed it, etc...it just doesn't work for me...I can't find any mention of the polytrn color map anywhere, and it's getting frustrating...I can make a map, I just can't play it...grr...

I know there's a Force checkbox in Packit, should I check that, or will it not have any effect?
This is definitely a beta! Now only shows objects included in the demo. Thanks DV!

Have fun!The BMS files must be named either TDMM01a.BMS TDMM01b.BMS TDMM01c.BMS or TDMM01d.BMS.

They need to be packed so I have included a custom packit.exe
Outlines are now shown. Using the "3D wireframe" mode will show the objects in side view.

Z values usually have to be adjusted.

The choppers should work well with AI-Textfile H_BHAWMP.

After exporting the BMS file, run DV's C4BHD.exe to "fix" the BMS before packing it. Thanks again DV!!!
(This step may not be necessary, decide for yourself) is the map named like 1 of the 1's above in red ??? this iss the bhd med read me file . if its named as 1 of the above red bms then srry dont know why

Old 12-02-2002, 03:15 PM
AirDeath is offline AirDeath

I have the same problem. I did all of the steps the same way and I still have the same result.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Edward is offline Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Edward
This is definitely a beta! Now only shows objects included in the demo. Thanks DV!

Have fun!The BMS files must be named either TDMM01a.BMS TDMM01b.BMS TDMM01c.BMS or TDMM01d.BMS.

They need to be packed so I have included a custom packit.exe
Outlines are now shown. Using the "3D wireframe" mode will show the objects in side view.

Z values usually have to be adjusted.

The choppers should work well with AI-Textfile H_BHAWMP.

After exporting the BMS file, run DV's C4BHD.exe to "fix" the BMS before packing it. Thanks again DV!!!
(This step may not be necessary, decide for yourself) is the map named like 1 of the 1's above in red ??? this iss the bhd med read me file . if its named as 1 of the above red bms then srry dont know why
srry i should have cought the mistake in dv's read me try nameing the maps this way
TDMM_01a
TDMM_01B
TDMM_01C

Old 12-03-2002, 01:52 PM
AirDeath is offline AirDeath

for me (at least) I did that also and of coarse the same result.

Does anyone have a complete walkthrough of every little step they do?
It would make it alot easier.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Edward is offline Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by AirDeath
for me (at least) I did that also and of coarse the same result.

Does anyone have a complete walkthrough of every little step they do?
It would make it alot easier.
send me the .mis for the map in win zip to EJM_3rd@yahoo.com , for email subject put bhd map problem . or it may be deleated i will look at the map and try to determine whats the problem if i do . i will fix it and explain what was wrong and send it back ok 1 of yall sent me your problem bhd map i looked into it and had it fixed in 2 shakes and a twist lol . the person who sent his map the mis had no terrain picked no info in the general info section of the editor . so here is a link to a basic function of the dfseries editors df2 through bhd include c4 . http://ed.wonderingraven.net/tutoria...editorinfo.txt important after ya save .mis and export .bms ya must go to main bhd folder and drag the .bms for the map into the packit that was included w/editor . important each and every time you make a change to map in bhd demo ya must save, export, re pack.bms for map peace

Last edited by Edward; 12-04-2002 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:47 PM

OK...Well...after all this time, I'm still having no luck (sorry about the absence, I've been playing Batlefield 1942 for a couple weeks). The maps are named correctly, and I've run AND NOT run the C4BHD exe and it seems to make no difference. I DID just notice, however, that I had TWO TDMM_01b.bms files...one was an IGOR file ...so I, in my infinite wisdom, deleted it...It made no difference. Mebbe I just wasn't meant to be a mapper, I suppose....hmmm...
Old 12-12-2002, 11:56 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Psstt Romeo check your PM

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 12-14-2002, 02:48 PM

Gotcha DD...thanks...
Old 01-01-2003, 05:01 AM
monkey is offline monkey

same problem with color map

hey i got the same problem.....hope you guys can help with the message: "Polytrn Color Map not specified" I followed the instructions with packing and all that stuff......
Old 01-01-2003, 10:28 AM
monkey is offline monkey

problem solved

Just fill the General information and pick the terrain!
thanks guys!
Now i've got another problem with setting the wheel mouse to cycle throught the weapons....it just won't work