Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-27-2002, 08:49 PM
†GR†GhostWraith is offline †GR†GhostWraith

HELP ME PLEAAAASSSSE

I'm having real problems with my tunnels, so If someone wants to give me a hand, give me a shout on phreakfrog@msn.com and I will mail you the tunnels to see what you can do. Goddamit, I've got the blinks right it's just the positioning and z values that are screwing me up.

Cheerz Guys and Gals

In My Sights, Everyone Can Hear You Scream
Old 05-28-2002, 06:00 PM
ArcticWolf is offline ArcticWolf
DFLW Map Maker

Re: HELP ME PLEAAAASSSSE

Quote:
Originally posted by †GR†GhostWraith
I'm having real problems with my tunnels, so If someone wants to give me a hand, give me a shout on phreakfrog@msn.com and I will mail you the tunnels to see what you can do. Goddamit, I've got the blinks right it's just the positioning and z values that are screwing me up.

Cheerz Guys and Gals
Here's what I wanted you to read at DFA's forums (My tutorial):

Tunnels:

First, it is recommended that you download the Modified Mission Editor from Novasheep.com before you start. This editor has unlocked all of the game pieces previously hidden by the Mission Editor that came on the cd.

Now then, you want to place tunnels in a map, ok we can do that. BUT! First you will need to understand about ABSOLUTE HEIGHT before you go to place them.

Absolute Height:

If you're placing any objects on flat and on uneven ground: First, place one object on the flat ground and keep it highlited. Go into the item attributes for it and click on ABSOLUTE HEIGHT. Take note of the number - Write it down!

Now then, place your other objects as you wish and if they fall on higher ground, don't worry about it till you are done. Once you complete, highlite all of the objects you wish to adjust, and then in the item attributes box, click ABSOLUTE HEIGHT, then place that number you wrote down, then unselect all.

What happened is that all of the pieces you had highlited are now set to the same level. When you enter the map, you will see that some of your objects have sunken into the raised areas and will be still even with the other items through out.

This works for tunnel sections also, the only difference is that you have to subtract 5 or 8 from that number in order to equal your stairs or ramp going down from the entrance. If you are unsure of the height of the stairs, there's 2 types: one with only 2 landings - this one goes down 5 meters, and one with 3 landings, this one goes down 8 meters. Also, the 2 landing stairs, when you get to the bottom, your direction will be 180 degrees from the direction you started with at the top, where as with the 3 landing stairs, you'll be going the same direction at the bottom as the top. Also, look closely as you place some tunnel parts in the map, they may have a - 8 right there in the piece, this tells you that this item must be placed at - 8 meters below the ground. Now the Egyptian Tunnels are pretty much the same but the entrances, you'll have to examine them to see if they have a number on them - I've only used them 1 time ever and am not familiar with them - it's still basically the same either 5 or 8 meters though.

Now for your tunnels:

Placing tunnel sections really is not hard, the hard part comes when you have to zoom in really close to make sure they line up properly. Let me say this first:

YOU CAN NOT HAVE YOUR TUNNELS GOING AT ANGLES (DIAGNALLY) IN THE MAP!

Why? Because you will not be able to line up the ends properly. Sure, you could make them up/down and left/right and use GROUP ROTATE on them, but what will happen is that they will become misalligned. They MUST go UP/DOWN and LEFT RIGHT on your map, no if's, and's or but's about it.

First find the spot where you want your tunnel entrance, once you place it on the map, keep it hightlited. Now click on the absolute height check box and on the lower left of your editor you'll see it's Z Value - write this down (you're going to need it like I said above). Now then, go into the ITEM ATTRIBUTES Window and here you will see the check boxes on the lower left for BLINK GROUP and BLINK PARENT.

BLINK GROUP is for ALL tunnel sections and BLINK PARENT is for ONLY the Entrance pieces!

Since this is a entrance piece, click on the Blink Parent and ALso the Blink Group check boxes. Now for the number for this piece? Make it blink group/parent #1. Now add your stairs or down ramp piece, make sure it's set to blink group #1 as well as all of your pieces. TIP: When I make LARGE tunnels, I break the sections up into groups of 10, 10 for each blink group. I make the change over between blink groups at a corner piece. The corner piece must contain both blink group numbers, I also do this for one piece on either side of that corner so that you don't get the dreaded BLACK WALL effect.

Once you get all of your tunnel sections placed and properly lined up, and have the blink groups set, now you need to make them level. Get your ABSOLUTE HEIGHT number you wrote down. Now then what item did you use for getting down there? Did you use the ramp? Ok, that one you'll have to subtract 8 from the number. Highlight ALL of your underground tunnel sections except for the ramp and the entrance piece. Now then, make sure the Absolute height box is checked and then write the new number down in the Z Value Box. Unselect ALL. If you did this properly, all of your tunnels are at the same height, reguardless of the terrain above. You can add items to the tunnels, but remember that if you add enemy AI to them, add 1/2 meter (128) to the right z value box for the AI. Why? Sometimes the AI like to fall into the floor, either all the way through or just half way, these half way ones are a pain as you can not see them right away and you die, simply said.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:34 PM
†GR†GhostWraith is offline †GR†GhostWraith

thanks for the help

and I finally got it sorted. Cheers Guys

In My Sights, Everyone Can Hear You Scream