Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:00 PM
ffamas is offline ffamas

Some help with recent maps

Have been playing this game since it came out, and love it. Single player only. Have installed all the maps for single player and loved em. But 3 of the most recent ones do not show up on the "single player" "instant action" menu.
They are:
Beach-head extreme
Explosive ambush
Tunnel run

Am I needing a map pack or something?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Are they maps you added yourself or maps that came with the game?

Maps you download for Single Player are only accesible throught Hosting them; meaning they wont show up on the Single Player Missions Area of the maps that came with the game.You have to host them through a server and play the Single Player Missions you add

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 10-04-2005, 06:27 PM
frogman is offline frogman

Hi,I am having the same problem with the same three maps. Ive downloaded a bunch of other single player maps and had no problem. I download them and then put the bms and mis files in my dfx folder, ( sometimes i extact all files into my dfx folder) then when I start the game the missions come up listed in the single player missions under "Instant Action" and I play them no problem without hosting anything. All except the 3 aforementioned Maps. any ideas?
appreciate any thoughts Thanx!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:54 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
I downloaded the same maps. It is not you, the maps are not single player. They are co-ops. They will not show up in instant action. They will work only in multiplayer.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
OK OK i believe i realize ur problem! The 3 maps you downloaded or are having trouble with when they were made or when any map is made you must check the box for what kind of map you want it to be, TDM or COOP or so on! Well if someone didnt check that when making it, it wont show up anywhere! If its not anywhere under TDM accidentaly or anything else, then you need to open the mis file and make sure the box is checked for the kind of map you want it to be, then extract it again!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 AM

thanx visor! will check that out this afternoon. appreciate the help!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:35 AM
ffamas is offline ffamas

Visor, having never created a map I have much to learn. Can you tell me where I would find the "mis" files? None of these three maps have any files with that extension.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:26 PM

ffamas, go to the zip file that you downloaded and open it. If you open"tunnel run" You will find 2 files. one says "tunnel run bms" and the second file will probably say "tunnel run..."
hold your cursor over that 2nd file and you should get something in parenthesis that says "tunnel run mis" thats the one you need. the other two maps you mention may have other files with "wac" or "wav" or "inf" along with the bms and mis files. but dont worry about them.
along with your game came a mission editor wich you will find if you open your delta force extreme folder. it will be labled "dfx med" copy/paste that mis file into the dfx med file.
now insert your dfx disc but exit out of the start up screen .
now go back and open the dfx med there should be an option where you can pull up any files or maps and you will find the mis file there and it should be labled "tunnel run" and somewhere there you will also find the box to check saying what game type you want the mission to be.
also in your dfx folder you will find a mission editor instruction manual wich will help you
after you check that box you will probably have to convert the mis to bms and copy it back into your dfx folder to play the manual will explain this ( its pretty easy)
hope this helped you some, let us know what happens! good luck!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:52 PM

Rgr frog let me know how it turns out!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
ffamas is offline ffamas

Frogman, excellent walk through!! I am gonna play with that tonite. I just unzipped tunnel run again and there is only one file "tunnel run.bms". So I guess I will be converting it to .mis then back to .bms when I am done.

Can't wait to mess with maps!!!!

Thanks for the help guys
Old 10-06-2005, 06:23 PM

hope you get everything going. hope my reply was of some help to you. I havent made a map for dfx yet but Ive done some with delta force 2 so I'm fairly positive that it all works pretty much the same. I believe the reason you didnt get the mis file and I did was that I had downloaded the tunnel run map from a different location and the author had included it then. sorry if I caused you a fruitless search!
However , your definately on the right track and shouldhave no problem converting. I'm fixing to try my first dfx map soon and am looking forward to playing one authored by you!
see y'all later!