Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-15-2003, 10:12 PM
MattUSMC67 is offline MattUSMC67

Make M14/M21 Full Auto

I think the M14/M21 should be select fire semi or full in BHD. That way it could be used for CQB or if an enemy sneaks in close to your sniper position. Im not sure if Delta Force had full auto M14/M21's but the rifle was originally full auto. In order to make the M14/M21 just semi a Delta Force Armourer would have to remove the full auto parts.

Last edited by MattUSMC67; 02-15-2003 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:27 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

my guess is that NL wanted to add a sniper rifle, and the m21 fited the timeframe,, or that NL learnt something about multiplayer weapon balance (which would be hard to get right) and to have the m21 like what your saying would uneven the game.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
hit you Press-Ctri it will shot faster none stop, its not full auto but its next best thing.rate of fire will not stop when pressing the Ctri-key

press the mouse key to fire is 1-shot deal
Press the Ctri-key it will shot the next round loads in and so forth.

gap in between round's is time longer then full-auto but its the next best thing.

as it gose all the DF-Serials sniper Rifle are all single action fire rifle's none have ever been full-auto.
I have use this even running away having a fire fight with some one trying to kill me i am using a sniper 50cal i press Ctri-key as i ran hit him good
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-20-2003, 06:00 PM
=MOW= ØbÌïvîøñ is offline =MOW= ØbÌïvîøñ

What i really hope is that NL gives snipers shotguns, that would really help, way more than the Baretta anyways

Old 02-24-2003, 06:49 AM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

I would have to guess the m21 was chosen for the game because it was the rifle Randy Shughart, the delta sniper who's body was showen on cnn being mutilated and draged through the street used. A real m21 is a semi-automatic weapon so why would they make it any differnt in the game?
Old 03-12-2003, 10:59 PM
DJ_Kling is offline DJ_Kling

Send a message via AIM to DJ_Kling
I'd much rather see the game keep some form of realism.
The M21 is semi automatic in real life (i have fired several) and though the optics and range are already exaggerated in the game, i think full auto would make it just silly.

Most military snipers prefer a bolt-action rifle because of the accuracy and reliability. The M21 is a compromise between accuracy and rapid target engagement (go ahead, try to hand cycle a rifle and keep an eye on your scope...).

Its bad enough that 'sides' in the multiplayer are 90% snipers (real DF would have one per company or op-unit; Rangers dont have them at all or it would be assigned by the mission).
Old 03-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Chief ADFP

i am sorry if the real thing has a option full-auto it should be in it like the m16/203 it has full-auto with a gerande luancher to boot, make it like the real thing not 1/2 pass job

is this M21 has semi/full-auto then make it so
how many people go out with a deer rifle with out a scope on it it be nuts not to do so.

make it to the real thing is.with all the option it has in it.
timeframe is has nothen to do with it all other items as it why not this m21 make it as to the real thing if one use full-auto then it should shakeup more thats all tracers gose like the m16 dose longer range thats all there is to it.

==========================================
i was a M60 "mech/gunner" in the US-Army my side arm was a M16 not some peeshooter sub/mech or a pistil small arms weapons ( in the book its say a side arm for these) so but real world like you to gose see a real unit see it for real they don't use small arms its notso to do soo Ranger/infantry/spec-force don't use sub/mechguns or small pistal at all dump officers they use them pistil but then some got smart use M16 or better as a side arm weapons.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-13-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:08 PM

The real thing does not. The M21 is purpose built for this application and is semi automatic. The M14 and M1 i believe had select fire, but since the M21 was purpouse built for sniping applications, it will have semi only. You can reference the Army TM for the M21 if you like to confirm, as i have.

The M16/M203 MAY or MAY NOT have full auto... since it is on an M16A2 frame on this game, it will have 3-round-burst, just like a real M16A2. The M16A1 and the M4 are full auto rifles. This is also in the appropriate TM's.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:11 PM

I cant understand your post, i assume you are not from the states?

Small Arms and Sidearms are 2 different things. Small Arms are any man-portable piece of firepower (rifles, SAWs, light machine guns, etc). Sub-machine guns are used by spec ops on some applications, the 3rd SFG in Massachusetts trains with UZI submachine guns for close quarters because of the ease of use and reliability. Sidearms are standard issue to combat troops, and the Beretta M92F is the current issue, though many special operations units petitioned (and got) reissued M1911 pistold because they felt the stopping power was more adequete.

Also, an M60 gunner will never be issued an M16, his ammo-bearer and spotter will, but the armoury will only sign out one long-arm. In actuality you will probably never see an M60 except in national guard units, since the M249 SAW has replaced it as standard loadout, though the 5.56mm (.223) round really does not compare to the 7.62mm of the 'pig'.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Chief ADFP

man you really can't get it can you i was in the service fool we don't use a small arm weapons you live by the book you die like a jerk get it.

M60 & M16 go together get it how the hell you shot at 2-5 guys at a time with a peashooter it don't work in the real US-Army we don't live by the book we live to fight not to die like a butch of turtles get real. you like them TM manul then you join in try to fight by them they not going to save you life the Tm manul will only tell you the basic of its all upto the unit SOP to set the stander's any one can tell you that i am a vet jerk what are you know of it all by the socall book then good try to use it to fight them off hold the book up say book go kill them no better ask the book to save your small minded brain in the real battle field but then again pray to the book see if it save you azzz in the battle field TM Manul only are the basic info what one can do not to live by only learn by sample alot of them FM/Tm-manuls are out dated anyway's
Old 03-13-2003, 10:08 PM

Er, nice try, i was in the military for 6 years. Was an 11B trained at Ft benning and then did a 10 week 91B school (before they became 91W) at Ft. Sam Texas. Because of my medical education i also worked with the 3SFG (thats Special Forces Group for you new folk) and consulted with their training program.

My primary was infantry in a MOUT unit, i also received my qualifications in Air Assault and Pathfinding school as well as being Airborne certified. I was NCOIC Medical in a the 11th ACR's 1/221Cav A-troop and spent much time with them.

So, i can tell you with 100% certainty that no 60-gunner would ever be issued a rifle... ever... never... not gonna happen... Even in combat you gotta have gear accountability. I couldnt issue out an M203 as a medic despite the need for a support weapon on our vehicle, nor could we equip the vehicle, even during combat.

Please get your facts straight before you tell me how the military works.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Chief ADFP

look nutcase i was too in the US-Army
was 11B/11M and 88M also for 10yrs get it
you go live by the book and see how long you live in a real fire fight not very long in a fire fight the rules change you have to fight to live not by some lame book can tell you how to handle in the meddle of fire fight try it not going to tell the whole thing you have to lrean it by reaction to whats at hand.
yea did a lot of other training too,train in Scotland anti-terrist training there by Uk-Air born reg,S-Korea training with the ROC-Army,3x Pamma Jungle ops option,Berline germany can't say what it was for,

Over sea duties
Germany 2x,1xKorea
Training over sea
Korea,3x Pamma center america,1x USSR,1xJapan,5x Germany,1x iceland

but that old new's

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-14-2003 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:03 AM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

I believe most Guard units have switched to the saw, but they still use a version of the m-60 on black hawks for door guns. I have also never seen a gunner given more then one rifle, but I am not about to say it don't happen every units sop is differnt. And I would not site spec ops as a presedent for a point. From what I've seen working with boh the 160th SOAR and 7th SFG they kind of live in their own army. I have not fired several m-21's, just one and it seemed to be a good short to medium range weapon. I have shot a Russian RPG, and have the safety off the rocket to prove it, so there is my one up manship. Feel free to to post yours.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:30 AM

Never seen an RPG up close, rather impressive. I've fired most of the US arsenal though, and pretty happy with not being on the 'business end' of much of it

I have never seen more than one long arm issued to a single soldier, ever. SAW and M60 gunners had enough weight (usually 50% more than a rifleman) already, carrying a rifle PLUS a different set of ammo (7.62 for the 'pig' and 5.56 for the 16... lot of weight!)
SAW gunners wouldnt waste the weight either. The weapon is comparable to a 16, and tends to be more reliable IMHO.

SFG's do do things a bit on their own. But they tend to travel light, avoid combat, and pack in the least 'crap' the can get by with. RARE was it to see an M60, occasionally a drum-fed SAW, but normally we trained with the M4A2 (most people liked the carry handle sights over the flat-top), some with M203 attatchments or 'master key' setups, and on not-so-rare occasions when weight was a big concern, it was not uncommon to see an occasional H&K MP5 sub-machine gun in a 9mm . But we also trained with AK's in various configurations (less accurate than a 'black rifle', but DAMNED reliable!), the british SA-80 (my personal fav... but high maint), and various weapons from the UZI people (POS IMHO).

In closing, i find it hard to believe (even if it WAS optional) that anyone would want to carry a second long-arm. SFs, Rangers, etc are always keeping light loads, especially on air drops, and as such would only carry M4 or smaller weapons. Standard grunts would LOVE less weight, and never would sacrifice mobility so they could carry two different long-arms, in 2 different calibers, and likely drop on any decent road march (thus pissing off your squad members who now have to carry YOUR crap too).

As a former 'pig' gunner, i can tell you it sucks to pack in the pig, the ammo, and the barrel at times (usually the ammo bearer does that)... if they said i had to carry a 16 plus a combat load of ammo... well... i would have become a truck driver
Old 03-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Avnprd is offline Avnprd

Yeah like I said I have never seen it either, but I have learned never to say never so to speak. The day I shot the russian stuff was when I was invited by the 7th SFG to go to the range with them and some russians, while I was deployed in bosnia. So I have played with most versions of the m4, the mp-5, and ak-47. Let me tell ya the US stuff put all of the rusian stuff to shame. But the RPG was cool none the less, and btw the way the russians acted on the range scared the sh*t out of me. It was a free for all lmao! Also you made a very good point about ammo, that stuff is heavy I would not want to carry more than one type.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:31 AM

Russians that i knew (i was once fluent in russian, so i spent a lot of time translating) are MUCH more lax at the range yet they seem to have about the same number of accidents.

We were on an M16 range with them showing their SpecOps gents the finer workings of the M4 carbines and in the middle of the live shoot one of the 'reds' stood up and began walking up to his target! We ceased fire on the range and asked what the hell he was doing, he just smiled and said "I think soldiers of this caliber can hit their targets. As long as i do not walk in front of their targets, i should be ok." and he proceeded to check his target. When he got back, he leaned over to me and said "Now, if we were on a british range, the safest place would be IN FRONT of their targets."

Silly russians...