Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-12-2006, 04:20 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

DFX hosting

O kay I have opened all the ports on my model BEFSR41 Linksys DSL router to host DFX. Ports 32768, 49152, and 64206. I have 3 computers hooked to the router so I set up all 3 with their own staic IP address. So can anyone tell me why as soon as a player tries to join he's punted? I can host a Land Warrior game but even when hosting DFLW sometimes a player will get booted but if he re-join he won't have any more problems. HELP ... _ _ _ ...

oh yea I'm running XP on a HP Pavilion a818n with a faster than a speeding bullet cable connection.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Alucard-NGS- is offline Alucard-NGS-

Hum... the only I know people can get punted is

1.Ping punt.
2.Connection time out.

I am sure some of these other guys can shine some more light on to this.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:30 PM
general M is offline general M

Hello?

How do u drive a sand buggy in Delta force extreme?
Old 03-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Alucard-NGS- is offline Alucard-NGS-

Umm you get in the driver seat and then it moves if you hit W... like WOW!!!!.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 03-19-2006, 09:02 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Howdy KU43,

I was trying to host LW from my brother's house a couple years ago, and we tried numerous times for three days, and the same thing was happening with his HP Pavilion. He tried some more after we left, with the same problem everytime, no on could join. So he got frustrated and bought a brand new HP, and it was even worse, as he could not join LW games at all, so he took it back and bought another brand, Intel I think. Tattle Tale has been having all kinds of connection problems and severe lag since he bought a HP two years ago, but all the problems went away when he bought a DELL, recently. My son-inlaw works for HP and he will not buy an HP for his home use, even with the employee discount. So you see, maybe the HP stands for Heaps of Problems, lol. The video cards that HP uses, apparently are very poor at best.

What graphics card does yours have? I really like my nVidia GeForce PX6600-256.

Are the firewalls in the Router shut off, as well as the Windows XP firewall?

Cya

Old 03-20-2006, 02:15 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

I have a G force fx 5500. As far as hp goes i had to install another sound card just to play Land Warrior or Task Force Dagger. Their on line support is a joke. I spent 6 hours with them and got no answers. When the tect put on his superviser and he started asking me the same questions I was so mad I just closed the window. The second time I used it when they asked a question twice I replyed with ASKED and ANSWERED. The responce was " You have been here before"
Old 03-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Ralphie is offline Ralphie

A couple of suggestions

Hi, I am new here, but have a couple of suggestions. As was mentioned above, the graphics on an HP are no good. Mine are SiS which are compatible with about 2 games in the whole world. I know because I got stuck with an HP as a gift and it is a pain. So it could be the graphics card that is indeed causing a problem. I tried to add a graphics card to my machine and it eventually freaked out and destroyed the card. Even though this card had worked for 6 months in another machine no problem. Go figure, the HP probably got jealous of the newer card.

Anyway...
First, try to disable the sound on the hosting computer. Then run the server and see if other players still have joining problems.
Second, to test and see if it is a raw socket issue, open up your raw sockets. There is a neat little program for this here: http://www.grc.com/dos/sockettome1.htm - scroll down to the "Socket Lock" program and download it. Then run it. First it may lock the sockets, run it again to unlock the sockets and try to have players join.

Incidentally if you are having trouble using the Pingers, try unlocking the sockets. I have run this way for a couple of years now with no problems, only I have never run a game server, so please use this at your own risk.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:09 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

Knowing HP is next to junk I have disabled both the onboard vidio and audio. I'm running a GeForce 5500 fx vidio card and a Sound Blaster 64 external sound card. As for sockets I have no knowledge on them so if someone could fill me in I might attempt to alter them. Thanks
Old 04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
*HmS*Hawk is offline *HmS*Hawk

server folder in game

If you are hosting and playing on another PC u have to type in an alternat port ( one number below or above the port) for it to work properly
Old 04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

I'm hosting on the same computer I've opened the ports for.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:23 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Make sure that when you configured the ports that you set them as a UDP and not a TCP and if it had a enable button you clicked it!This is how my Linksys looks!

As for DFX i have not configured my ports yet but its same configuration except different port numbers to forward!

Also my ip is set to 0 cause i didnt want people seeing my ip number at end so i put 0 for picture!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 04-03-2006, 12:21 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Visor, your IP is a internal IP so whats the worry? If someone really want to get in they have to know the outside IP, and be able to get through the router.

KU, let us know if this has worked?

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 04-03-2006, 02:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Well just in case it wasnt i was being on safe side anyways but thanks for info Katana!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 04-05-2006, 12:13 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Yes, that is how I've opened the ports. I did notice on the set up page it said " if the PC has the abilty to......
Old 04-05-2006, 03:56 PM

I have hosted off my Alienware laptop here and a desktop Windows ME so you should be able to.

Ok as for static IP you may have to do little more.You may of not put the right ip there.On mine i have to use the default gateway ip not my computer ip!Really i am confused myself right now over my other computer because it was .2 at end and now its .3 and im still able to host and have people join my server?Really i do all my ip renewing on it and so on because its the main computer i had it on.Funny thing is this one is configured with the same ip .2 and it works.Anyways make sure your ip is right or it definetly wont work.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 04-11-2006, 05:16 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

It's always something but I dont think it's the IP because I can host DFLW with out any problems. I can even join the game from the other 2 computers on my home network.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 PM

Well if its like mine my ME is plugged in the router along with my XP so i only had to configure it on one computer to host on both!As for static ips i think you mentioned it may be different to port forward.Are you using the static ip or the computer main ip in that box?If your using one try the other.

Although have you tried turning off your firewall or setting the security level to medium/low!If your firewall is set to High chances are it will show your server invisible to people so people cant join it!So if your firewall setting isnt Medium or below do so and try hosting and see if it lets people join then!

One more thing is you may have autopunt on!As for there are many articles on how to fix autopunting yet i dont remember what to do so im going to leave it up to someone else to tell you how to prevent autopunting!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 04-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
firewall no stealth ether must be off or uncheck.

only thing i can think of
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-14-2006, 03:08 PM

I remember something in the files in the gaming folder u may have to change to fix it is what im trying to get at on that point!

Oh Yea another thing it could be is, do you use the Map Manager when hosting?If so when you use it you may have to uncheck Max Ping and Min. Ping due to some people when they join there Ping is real high but then lowers back down to a good amount!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server