Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 10-08-2022, 11:10 AM
devilsclaw is offline devilsclaw

First of all THQ bought Novalogic so they inherited a project they know nothing about. Novalogic in a lot of cases lost code to various parts and to some game EG tackyon the fringe. The login servers are running on or near 20 year old server operating systems and the code novalogic made is buggy as all get out. So the complaining that stuff is not stable is dumb at this point. It would be awesome if they can even get it back up based off the errors you guys have been reporting its basically the data base got corrupt or a hard drive crashed.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:10 AM
j7wild is offline j7wild

It's been down since about September 11th.

So it has been a month this time.

The other outage before that was on July 12th and it lasted 10 days to July 22nd.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:17 AM
j7wild is offline j7wild

Does anyone have free international long distance or live in Europe and can call THQ Nordic and ask.

Maybe over the phone they'll be more candid and less liable to reply with one of two stupid scripted response emails.

Tel.: +43 720 51879 0
Old 10-16-2022, 08:04 PM
j7wild is offline j7wild

Hawk sent them an email again

"So, how about those DFX novalogic multiplayer game servers?

Will your company ever get them back up and running?

inquiring players want to know?"

and this is their reply, which is different than the 2 identical ones THQ Nordic been using to reply to every email they receive

"Thank you for your mail.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We'd like to ask you for patience. Unfortunately, we cannot tell when the system will be up and running again. We are aware of the issue and members of the dev team are working on fixing it as we speak.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Please feel free to contact us anytime."
Old 10-25-2022, 11:06 AM
j7wild is offline j7wild

I have installed Game Ranger. I am in the process of finding a copy of Delta Force Task Force Dagger.

HAWK is hosting it on Game Ranger.

p.s. the Novalogic server for updates is still working when you click on Update, it still connects
Old 10-27-2022, 07:41 AM
j7wild is offline j7wild

Important

HAWK and Lou suggested I get Delta Force Team Dagger so we can play online on Game Ranger but it didn't work for me on Game Ranger;

and it looks like crap and plays like crap

I just got this Black Hawk Down package that includes both Black Hawk Down and Team Sabre

It's FREE, took me 3 minutes to download it and 5 minutes to extract it and install it

https://gogunlocked.com/delta-force-...free-download/

It has the same exact graphics and controls and controls remapping options as Delta Force Extreme

it also lets you get meds and use vehicles

Then when I went to Game Ranger and joined a Deathmatch game hosted by Ahmed,

it did not give me the Port Forwarding error message that Delta Force Team Dagger gave me when I tried to play it on Game Ranger

and I can't access my Modem Settings, my ISP took that option out and won't allow customers to mess with it

Also this has Mission Editor included so you can make your own maps

Game Ranger is easy to set up, took me 5 minutes

https://www.gameranger.com/

Maybe we can all get this installed (AGAIN, It's FREE!) and play Blackhawk online instead of Team Dagger

FINALLY there are mods here too

https://novahq.net/files.php?Categor...%20Hawk%20Down
Old 10-30-2022, 05:45 AM
j7wild is offline j7wild

Delta Force Blackhawk does not show any COOP maps once you go to multiplayer, only Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, etc etc

Is the game just made that way from the factory or is it because I got the free version from online?

https://gogunlocked.com/delta-force-...free-download/

Will an original factory CD copy of it do the same thing? No Coop maps in multi-player?

Also I installed 4 different mods from here on 4 different copies of the online version and all of them still don't show any coop maps in multi player.

https://novahq.net/files.php?Categor...%20Hawk%20Down
Old 10-30-2022, 10:01 AM

You do understand that is the same as pirating the game since that site is pulling the files and redistributing the files with out gog permission. at that point why not just use the cd version with the no cd cracks ?
Old 10-30-2022, 03:05 PM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsclaw View Post
You do understand that is the same as pirating the game since that site is pulling the files and redistributing the files with out gog permission. at that point why not just use the cd version with the no cd cracks ?
or just get the full updated version thats available from the nova ftp links in the nova forums.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:38 AM
j7wild is offline j7wild

I don't have the CD version. Never bought Blackhawk Down.

We are looking for another Novalogic Delta Force game that is similar to Delta Force Extreme that can be modded and played online without needing the Novalogic server.

Blackhawk Down is similar to Delta Force Extreme and you can run multi player games without needing to log into Novalogic and it's also hosted on Game Ranger but apparently in Multiplayer, it doesn't give you any Coop games.

Unless it's only the free version that's doing it so I am asking if it the free version or if the CD version also does the same thing, no Coop games on Multiplayer.

What nova ftp links? Where?

I hate people that says you can do something but don't include a link or anything.

I don't see any download links here for a full CD version of Blackhawk Down

http://www.novaworld2.com/index.php?...public/forums/
Old 10-31-2022, 08:42 AM

The game never officially came with coop but the game can be patched to enable it. I did patches for it a long time ago and so have other people. this site has patches for BHD and BHD:TS
Old 10-31-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
I don't have the CD version. Never bought Blackhawk Down.

We are looking for another Novalogic Delta Force game that is similar to Delta Force Extreme that can be modded and played online without needing the Novalogic server.

Blackhawk Down is similar to Delta Force Extreme and you can run multi player games without needing to log into Novalogic and it's also hosted on Game Ranger but apparently in Multiplayer, it doesn't give you any Coop games.

Unless it's only the free version that's doing it so I am asking if it the free version or if the CD version also does the same thing, no Coop games on Multiplayer.

What nova ftp links? Where?

I hate people that says you can do something but don't include a link or anything.

I don't see any download links here for a full CD version of Blackhawk Down

http://www.novaworld2.com/index.php?...public/forums/

have to be brutally honest here. you are asking for the ability to download a game for free but have never purchased it. I think it is safe to say that most people here have purchased copies of their games and using the ftp links inside the nova forums is ok since you still need to cd keys to activate said games.

i did not post the links to the nova forums because you need an account to get in, and if you dont have an account you wont be able to use those links.

sorry but i have a sore spot with this issue.

Old 10-31-2022, 04:43 PM
j7wild is offline j7wild

You are an idiot. I have been with Noval since their first Delta Force game in 1998 and I do have an account on their forum.

You do not even understand what I am asking or trying to do. Trying to play the game online again so we can all play.

There are several of us working right now looking for a solution, what have you done to help and to contribute? NOTHING!

Also I was only asking about Blackhawk Down whether not allowing COOP game while playing online is how the game was made.

If you are not going to be part of the solution, go away.

You and your stupid idiotic posts been put on IGNORE.

Too many idiots like you on the internet.

Also Novalogic is out of business, THQ Nordic took over their brand in 2016 and killed the servers without any respect and consideration nor advance notice to the community that still plays Novalogic online every day after 24 years.

So I am not going to care about getting a $18 game for free. It's not hurting Novalogic and it's not hurting THQ Nordic financially.

Furthermore if the game was not allowed to be free, it wouldn't be on that abandoned games website.

Plus that site is what is is, abandoned games. Games that are so old they don't make any money for anyone anymore and are now public domain.

So go sod yourself.
Old 10-31-2022, 06:20 PM

Umm no the site is not abandon ware. it is a site that rips the installers from GOG which repackages games and fixes them to work on current systems with licensing from the original company. They make all the games DRM free as well, which is why it is so easy to rip them and re-post them. Also abandon ware is normally something that has been abandon for a long time its only been a month or two which would not put the game into the abandon ware category.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
You are an idiot. I have been with Noval since their first Delta Force game in 1998 and I do have an account on their forum.

You do not even understand what I am asking or trying to do. Trying to play the game online again so we can all play.

There are several of us working right now looking for a solution, what have you done to help and to contribute? NOTHING!

Also I was only asking about Blackhawk Down whether not allowing COOP game while playing online is how the game was made.

If you are not going to be part of the solution, go away.

You and your stupid idiotic posts been put on IGNORE.

Too many idiots like you on the internet.

Also Novalogic is out of business, THQ Nordic took over their brand in 2016 and killed the servers without any respect and consideration nor advance notice to the community that still plays Novalogic online every day after 24 years.

So I am not going to care about getting a $18 game for free. It's not hurting Novalogic and it's not hurting THQ Nordic financially.

Furthermore if the game was not allowed to be free, it wouldn't be on that abandoned games website.

Plus that site is what is is, abandoned games. Games that are so old they don't make any money for anyone anymore and are now public domain.

So go sod yourself.

must have hit the nail on the head.

another warez guy trying to make improper downloading normal.

Old 01-01-2023, 03:28 AM
mickfinn is offline mickfinn

Send a message via Yahoo to mickfinn
Novaworld

Novaworld is not down. Me and my friends played on DFX SO till the sight went down eliminating surver due to what I consider to be low traffic earlier this year.

Since then many have transferred to JO AW2. You have to have Typhoon Rising, however, which is actually a predecessor to Delta Force Xtreme, using the same engine. I would like to see the SO mod incorporated into the Aw2 mod, but even though it runs on the same engine it is more like Joint Ops enhanced, but more like the range and accuracy of DFX 2, but the terrains and the graphics are very good.

Again, You have to have Typhoon Rising, do the updates load the 4.40 AW mod, then the 4.41. You can then get on Novaworld with the same id and password you used before. I use the same one I've used for twenty years now, here an in the game. Good luck Contact me via sgtmjrfinn@yahoo.com with questions.

Last edited by mickfinn; 01-01-2023 at 07:17 AM.