Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
eek The ultimate theory

The ultimate theory

Okay, you know in BHD how everyone that plays the game must have the same copy of the game? That means same weapons, same HUD, etc. Otherwise it's unfair (regardless) right?
Ever wondered why the players that have Team Sabre get to use the G3, G36, and PSG-1? (Because that's unfair.)

Well if you look into the BHD ''localres.pff'', you'll find that there are TS weapon files in there. So basically, what Nova done with the update for BHD is that they also put the Team Sabre weapons in the game, so the game thinks that everything is fair; you just don't have access to the guns.

Well using Nova's DFBHD mod tools, I editted the ''weapons.def'', and I went to the TS weapons, and there was ''flags teamsabre''; in other words it means it's only for TS. I took that off and when running my mod, I first selected the G3 (G36, then the PSG-1). They all showed this:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...B/SS01597a.jpg

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-19-2006, 03:37 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Your point is?

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 11-22-2006, 11:45 PM

My point is Nova are one big bunch of cheese balls Imao.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: The ultimate theory

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
The ultimate theory

Okay, you know in BHD how everyone that plays the game must have the same copy of the game? That means same weapons, same HUD, etc. Otherwise it's unfair (regardless) right?
Ever wondered why the players that have Team Sabre get to use the G3, G36, and PSG-1? (Because that's unfair.)

Well if you look into the BHD ''localres.pff'', you'll find that there are TS weapon files in there. So basically, what Nova done with the update for BHD is that they also put the Team Sabre weapons in the game, so the game thinks that everything is fair; you just don't have access to the guns.

Well using Nova's DFBHD mod tools, I edited the ''weapons.def'', and I went to the TS weapons, and there was ''flags teamsabre''; in other words it means it's only for TS. I took that off and when running my mod, I first selected the G3 (G36, then the PSG-1). They all showed this:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...B/SS01597a.jpg

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
if you buy the software Expansion pack Team Sabre you have all of the new item to use not unfair then. buy up.

don't be cheap about it, there maybe some one in AUS who can get it for you the DFBHD-TS Cd. if you ask them. its really is cheap to buy now days. in the US it like USD- 10.00 to 12.00 to buy it. a plus you get a new Key code to boot.

i pay for my new USD-20.00 when it first came out.

only one i see is being cheesy here is you Chris gee! you got the game (DFBHD) for free and don't what to pay anything to make it bigger come on. go and buy the expansion pack stop trying to get around it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-23-2006 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Someone burnt me a copy of theres and it got all scratched up, luckily it still works due to Team Sabre in my area is hard to find now.I looked everywhere and you would have to be lucky to find it.Anyways I am with Chief on this like i said before buy the game, its not unfair one bit.Its like when you have a better connection then someone. its because you paid for it.

Really TS does not add that many new guns and like i said the g3 is ok but it does not go up againt a 203 launcher well.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-24-2006, 02:00 AM

Imao Chief...

I'm not being cheesy at all. All I was doing was testing things out. I never intended to keep it that way; I was only testing. Then I put it back to the way it was.

And you talk to me as if I can go to the store and go buy it like it were fresh.

First of all, I never get money to spend. I even doubt mum would get it for me.
Second of all, they don't even have the game in the stores up here.
Third of all, why the hell order? It's confusing crap and mum won't approve lol.
Fourth of all, you're speaking US and AUS dollars, not NZ dollars.
Fifth of all, like I said above, I wasn't trying to ''get around'' buying the game; there's this word called ''testing'' you know eh? I never started this thread to say how I got TS weapons without buying TS; I started this thread to show what Nova had done.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 11-24-2006, 09:16 AM

Well still like Chief said someone who does not live in your area might send it to your for money maybe even free if you asked right.I know over 30 squads in BHD alone and AUS is one of them.I dont game with them anymore but there a nice and good squad so far of what i do see from them.

Its like at college, get in with the right people and make friends and they will help you through hard times, if your truly there friend.

Its not that much and 5-10 dollars is easy to come buy if you think of ways to get it.Sometimes you may have to give up something you dont play anymore or use.I got rid of tons of my video games i never play anymore for stuff i wanted.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
Imao Chief...

I'm not being cheesy at all. All I was doing was testing things out. I never intended to keep it that way; I was only testing. Then I put it back to the way it was.

And you talk to me as if I can go to the store and go buy it like it were fresh.

First of all, I never get money to spend. I even doubt mum would get it for me.
Second of all, they don't even have the game in the stores up here.
Third of all, why the hell order? It's confusing crap and mum won't approve lol.
Fourth of all, you're speaking US and AUS dollars, not NZ dollars.
Fifth of all, like I said above, I wasn't trying to ''get around'' buying the game; there's this word called ''testing'' you know eh? I never started this thread to say how I got TS weapons without buying TS; I started this thread to show what Nova had done.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
well howd u get BHD in the first place?

dont worry about it anyway, the g3 is an m60 only fires way more accurately, the g36 is a fully automatic m16, and the psg-1 is an m21. and most of the singlepalyer maps will lag so much on slo computers.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 11-24-2006, 12:27 PM

PSG1 isnt that well either, i like m21 alot better.G3 i agree sucks when going up cqb with alot of the weapons.Its good for hiding and shooting though lol.G36 is a good hide and shoot weapon too.PSG1 seems too loud then what it was in other DF Games.It was silent then.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-24-2006, 02:58 PM

Yeah Mstenger404 I knew that lol.

When I was looking at the ''weapons.def'' you can see the ammo types for the guns and the M60 ammo is completely the same as the G3. I found that out too for the M16.

But the PSG? Na, didn't find out it was like the M21.

And squads? Na, screw them. The only squad I'm in is this site which has over 10,000 members!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 AM

And Chief, about you quoteing what I said about the whole ''unfair'' thing; if you've got issues with me, you can PM me directly about it. If not PM, then email.

Obviously when you put things in your signature people will see it in every post you've made (hence you've made 10,000+), and obviously quoting me and putting it in your signature was a cheap way of trying to ''humiliate and shame'' me out. Dude, you know better... you're a Super Mod...

Yes, of course it's unfair when people have better connections, when they have Team Sabre, etc. but I never said I couldn't live with that. In fact, I'm totally fine with it being like that. They paid for the expansion so therefore they get that advantage. No problem with that at all!

So if any of you people are thinking that I'm spazzing out and being a sore loser about TS, you're wrong.

And again, just because I said it was unfair, doesn't mean I can't live with it.

And besides, this thread was started off to show that Nova ''secretly'' added the TS weapons in the BHD update so the game thinks everything is probably fair... lol. So yeah...

BTW, with all due respect Chief, you sometimes get on my nerves and it just stresses me out to the max... and if you were me you would know what it's like. But, we can't switch perspectives can't we? We're all human and we live in the real world... I'm a normal person and I live in the real world...

Scott, you remember the PM right?

Chris
Old 02-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Chels is offline Chels

Anyways.

TeamSabre isn't just weapons, you can play in both BHD and TS servers.

Also nova isn't being secret. They are doing what every game does when they add and expansion.

I know alot of games that have expansions to them, it is the only way to add the exp is if you have the files on your BHD so the game feels that it is all fair, and that you need a "Password" to unlock the other weapons.

Chris, chief is free to do what he wants.If he wants to put your "messed up" quote into his signature then he has every right to. It seems you are the one getting defensive over it. No one cares about what chief does lol, hes just the NovaHq 1920's member, he is fragile. It's all good :P

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Chief ADFP

Chris you should known people in the forum quote other people saying foolish things all the time and put it into their Sig-box. if you think it was over broad i don't think it was only your words in the quote.

its been done many times over.

by the way that quote came from Novaworld forum you posted up there. did not add-in a link to that page that may have push you over the mad hatter limit

Quote:
And besides, this thread was started off to show that Nova ''secretly'' added the TS weapons in the BHD update so the game thinks everything is probably fair... lol. So yeah...
let get this part of the story right Chris:

the real reason they added-in the item was so none Team Sabre players can see the charters skin and weapon and not have their game crash do to seeing these skins or hearing these items. it was a mod patch for none Team Sabre players! this way all Team Sabre players can go into DFBHD or DFBHD-TS server use their charters skins and spec-type weapon without DFBHD players getting error or the server not letting Team Sabre players into normal servers. it was a MOD patch for none Team Sabre players (DFBHD only)

no then was done behind close doors Chris they even stated in their own words.

got to love these kids the funny things they come up with.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-01-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:38 PM

Well at the time I started this thread, I didn't really know anything about much in the game to be honest.
That's why I thought Nova were ''being secret''.

All this was is about my little discovery I made... when I was a BHD modding noob.

BTW, I wasn't being defensive lol. I don't care if people quote me, but you for instance Chief, do not have to add a comment underneath it about the whole ''buy up.'' thing.

Also, nobody should be quoting what I say ages ago in the past; because that time, I thought of things ''differently'' lol.

Chris
Old 02-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Chief ADFP

will i am a bet happyer you getting wiser now days.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:58 PM

Oh I remember now Chief...

Basically what I meant was the only reason why TS players get to use TS guns in the game is because the TS guns were ''put'' into BHD itself.

It was like Vix said, they put it in the original game as well as the expansion and that's ''how they do it''.
(I think it's so the game thinks that all players have the TS guns and therefore ''thinks it's fair''.)

I don't know why I said ''Because it's unfair.'' lol.

Chris
Old 02-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Chief ADFP

[close]
going to close this reason it basic it getting no were!

it turning into more of a spam thread.

base on half bake ids

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-04-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Closed Thread