Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Some Information needed?

This is mainly for the UK as thats where I am...lol

The other day my misses was driving home and some idiot drove through a red light causing my misses to crash into his side, Now here is the problem as we have never claimed for anything in the past Insurance wise.

The guy driving the other vehicle left the scene of the accident, while my misses was on the phone to the police, Her sister managed to get his reg number but as of yet we havent heard anything from the police and when we phone they just say the investigation is still on-going.

We have phoned our own insurance to make a claim but I have been told not to make a claim of our insurance and am confused, As we dont know if they have caught the other driver yet and we dont know if he is Insured himself.

Have anyone else had something like this happen and what did you have to do?

Ill post ss of the car later, But it looks as though it is going to be written off.....
Old 06-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

It seems a pitty to Write it off this is the only damage, Also one of the chassi legs is slightly bent.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:39 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Confused

I've never personally experienced anything like this Sal but it seems like this other driver who left the scene of the accident was either not insured(?) or under the influence(?)? but the damage to the car doesn't seem that bad.

I hope the police find him and you can sort this out soon.

Is your wife ok by the way?

Warm Regards
Old 06-21-2005, 07:45 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Strangely enough as I was reading the posts here a friend of mine rang me to see how things are and I mentioned what had happened to your wife and he had a similar thing happen to him but, because the other person wasn't insured he lost his no claims bonus and had to pay an excess for the repairs to his car.

To me that seems groslsy unfair but that's how it turned out for him.

Warm Regards

Old 06-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Thanks BD, Yes my misses was fine, Her sister has Whiplash but there was nothing really bad.

Well the car will cost about £1700.00 to repair through the insurance... and as its a K reg 1992 they will pay bottom book now, But the car is in Mint or was in mint condition for the year until this happend.

There isnt any rust the underneath is all nice and clean its just a shame it will end up in a scrapyard, Unless we forget the insurance and just sell it as a spares or repair.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:42 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Wow Sal!

Where did it happen? Maybe there are cameras around that area you can get from? Gas Stations? Bank ATMs?

As BD said either the person was drunk or he was uninsured or even worse BOTH!

I think you should take the lady with the whiplash to hospital just in case. One of my aunt's car got rear ended on a RED light by a stupid drunk and she had taken off the seatbelt a few sec to give something to the kids in the back seat. She went through the windshield. She's fine now but gets pain once in a while in her back. Went through lot of therapy. Kids are fine too.

Turned out the driver was an illegal from S America with suspended driving license. Her car hit the car in front of her and the stupid guy sued my aunt for it!!! The case got dismissed but the nerve of that guy!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-21-2005, 10:10 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

hit and run, that's a felony here in the states... don't know about over there...

good luck with the car problems though
Old 06-21-2005, 03:35 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Insurance companies suck. I had a bad experience with State Farm. Finally got it worked out though
Old 06-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i guess you just have to wait for the police Sal. and it will depend on your insurance company as to if you lose the no claims bonus.

if he is not insured he will probably get a small jail sentance for it as well as leaving the scene of an accident (probably why he did leave tbh).
Old 06-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Me and the Misses are going to take a walk over the Police Station tomorrow and find out what is going on.

We have managed to find the vehicle, It is parked on a driveway 4 streets away from us, If they dont know or havent caught him yet, then Im sure he will be in a cell before tomorrow evening.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Just an update, with the car being wrote off by the insurance company, We went out and baught another But now we have to sell it as the Insurance is now double until they prove my misses was'nt at fault.

As the Dumb Police havent even arrested the driver yet, I would love to know how they will prove it.
We phoned the police and they said they cant give any information due to some information law, They havent been to see the Witness to the crash or anything.

Its starting to really piss me off now, how someone with no insurance, Car Tax probably no Licence can get away with it and Us who have everything legal now face not being able to afford a car because the ***** ran a red light.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad

That is bad news Sal and as you say bloody annoying, I hope the police do get the git responsible at least!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
heh, buy a pack of batteries from Circuit City and they ask for your phone number
Old 07-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

If you know where the guy lives you may be able to tell if he has any money and might want to consider recourse through the civil court system .

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...mall/index.htm

Might help you, might not....
Old 07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
LOL wanna see what was left of my car after January? The insurance company didn't even want to claim fault on it
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

I'm sure we'll see you again sal, I'm holding you to that, so i'm prettey sure we will see you, but for the delay, good luck mate. Sorry to hear about the car, bit of a bugger there, but thats the system. Hope it turns out okay for you and your jullie
-tecceh2
Old 07-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the thing is if the car was stoling the police can't do much but the ins company should take care of it anyways.

the thing is the owner of the other car can say he was not driven it and it was stolen in this case no charge can be on the owner of the car. on the other hand your ins company has to take of it wait to long they don't have to do a thing at all. best get hold of the main office talk with them about it.

last thing tell them take care of it or you will can the local news and a lawer to sue them.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
lol this guy tried to do a hit and run on the streets of DC to my brother, hit my brothers car on accident and tried to get away, streets were to busy and brother got out of the car and pulled the guy ou and held them there, he has gotten in a wreck from idiots up there twice, well good luck on the getting the guy

Old 07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
DogSoldier~MLK~ is offline DogSoldier~MLK~

U have to make a claim from the other guys insurance once the guy that ran the red light hit you gives u the insurance details and then it goes from there

__________________________________________________ _______

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS AMD 939 SKT K8S-MX
Windows XP SP2
2 x 512MB DDR400 PC3200
Ati Radeon HD 2400 XT 256MB
200GB Hard Drive
160GB Hard Drive
Akuma Case Silver
Old 07-19-2005, 08:10 PM
"ath-hole"