Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 05-31-2022, 09:03 AM
Dragonkingคนไทย is offline Dragonkingคนไทย

I want to know how to make .ain file?( please reply)

Well, I would like to know how to create a .ain file or get this .ain file.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:12 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

We all would, bud. We all would.

There was a time when a lot of clever, talented programmers were making tools for DFBHDTS, and they would've gotten to single player necessities at some point, but they were focussed on improving multiplayer experiences, and then Battlefield 3 came out and all the clever programmers disappeared, never to return. Well, except for Devilsclaw.

But the AI node creator is lost tech, apparently. NeverLogic never released an .ain creator for DFBHDTS, and later games seem to not need .ain files, so until someone can reverse engineer the situation, AI navigation in DFBHDTS missions will remain limited by the time, effort, and patience that a mapper can allocate to intricate webs of alternate waypoint routes, area triggers, and redirect events.

It burned me out, I can say.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:08 AM
Creator is offline Creator

There's only a way to apply this important file in your custom mission but it's complicated and boring...I do it sometimes. You must be able to open the mis. file of one the original campaign missions with some tools you can find here and delete ALL(events, waypoint, etc.) except the SSNs PEOPLE(so teammates, enemies, etc.) and BUILDINGS. Now save and export with the name u want for your custom mission. Once done, use the tools again to take from pff. file the original ain. file of the original campaign mission you have choose for the MED(if u choose SPBHD_01.mis u will take SPBHD_01.ain).
If you have done right up to here, the ain is already working so just set the teammates of the campaign mission to group 1 (blue players) and if you want them to follow you just do the event "Redirect group 1 to waypont 126 "(go to group) ... now they won't fit together anymore. If you don't want them to follow you the ain will work anyway and you can make a waypoint that goes through a building and they'll go around, they won't get stuck anyway ... same thing works for enemies and I think vehicles as well. It all sounds good, but the problem is that if you leave the original mission buildings, the locations will be the same as those of the campaign mission. But I realized that the campaign buildings can be replaced with others and the ain. it will work anyway, the important thing(and this is the trick) is that the position must be the same as the replaced building, for example a large building can be replaced with 10 small ones but you must not go beyond the "perimeter" of the replaced one, otherwise the 'ain. it will no longer work at that point.

That's all...so, there's a way to use this file.

I did this job for some of my custom missions ... check out the mis. if you want and compare them with those of the original missions to understand better.

- "Insurrection" (built with the ain. Of "Radio Aidid")

- "Capture" (built with the ain from "Russian Underground" ... ain. functioning only in the target building and its courtyard)

- "Normandy Landings" (built with ain. from "Russian Undergound").

-Unfinished Negotiations (built with the ain. from "Mogadishu Mile")

-Slippery Targets (built with the ain. from "Island Villa Assault"

-Diminished Business (built with the ain. from "River Raid" ... ain. Working only in the village and not in the airfield).

I hope I was helpful