Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:08 PM
peregrine falcon is offline peregrine falcon

Rant about PEOPLE PC

I had PEOPLE PC dialup for several months, but I changed my ISP to cable I called(person), called(automated) or canceled it online the first time. A month or 2 latter it was brought to my attention we was still getting charged. So I called again and made sure I talked to someone canceled it. Sure enough next month was charged again by this time I was furious and was anything but polite. Although I felt bad for my bad manors toward someone that was most likely just following procedures. It seemed rude was the only thing that got through.

So finally the dialup service was canceled, but today It was brought to my attention that the credit card was still getting charged $1.95/Month apparently for an e-mail address Ive never used and since I already have 2 free ones of which 1 I can't say when was that last time I used it. The other I open up every now and then so it don't get canceled. SO I told them I see no use in paying for a service I never use and rarely use the ones I get for free.

Anyway I called and canceled the PEOPLE PC E-MAIL today and talked to 3 people to get the $5.85 credit back on my bill it wasn't the money it was the principle.

Some of the pitch they had to keep me on was. That I could keep it as a backup. I said I couldn't use it since my phone is through the cable company of course I couldn't draw pictures for these people.

This is where I tied a rocket to polite and lit the fuse. Apparently he understood then I didn't want even If I could use it.

Then the last time I called to cancel the internet I think the lady I talked to was taught English the day before she was hired and it was her first day so she may have said something about keeping the E-MAIL. By this time Id used the phrase "can you repeat that" so may times my patience was as thin as ice in the Sahara at noon. So i just wanted to get off the phone.

Now this latest with the E-MAIL I think my neighbors ,neighbors neighbors , neighbors³ etc. probably reported seismic activity to the seismology center.

So just a little of advice don't use PEOPLE PC unless you dont plan on canceling it.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Yeah I hear People PC is the suck.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i would have report them to the better business people after the 4th time around

change your credit card (get a new one) they using to charge your account
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
"ath-hole"

Yeah just cancel that credit card if they are going to be ()#&*$)# about it. Or you can have the credit card company block payment to that company.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

When my card was being charged by a magazine company and it wouldn't get cancelled and refunded I called Capital One, they put me on a 3 way call and recorded the conversation. Then when I got billed again they called for me and threatened to take them to court if they didn't refund me the charges and the interest on those charges.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
"ath-hole"

whoop go bustin.. don't plan on it happening anymore though they are outsourcing to some other country now.

My friend used to work in their fraud department.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

I would of recorded the conversations with them and then made a complaint about the company. I would however never of thought of that at the time as I would be as mad as you ware.

My photography website

Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 AM
"ath-hole"

They can use that against you because you are not supposed to record without them knowing.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

That's why you contact the credit company, all of their calls are recorded.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM
"ath-hole"

Yup
Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 PM

I called my credit card automated service today and found out there isnt the $5.85 credit from people PC on it.

So I called peoplePC back they said the refund was being put through today so ill give it until tomorrow for it to show as a credit(come on its electronic it shouldn't take that long) if not they will have 2-4 HRS/DAY of me every day until, that 5.85 is credited.

It wouldnt bother me a bit if they spent 40 man hours trying to screw me out of 5.85 Ive already got them for 1 hr 39 to go.

5.85/40 = 0.15/hr

so even if I never get it back ill pay 0.15/hr to cost them min of $7.25/hr refusing to refund
Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
They can use that against you because you are not supposed to record without them knowing.
Ah, different laws then, here you can record any conversation as long as you're part of the conversation. You don't need to notify the other part/parties

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 02-25-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
in the arm forces service! (US-Army) we were told never talk about things in the communication with others its totally unsecured, what you may say can be use, never think all communication is coded so only you and another party is secure its not, anything can be recorded and hacked, no then is 100% secure

go into a car and lock your self in it some can break the door to get to you!

big companys watch over their employees all the time and what they do ether online or on the telephone, unless you own an cellphone and its not ccmpanys then its ok, but some one out there still can even record that too and use GPS if it in the cellphone has it in it!

Feds, CIA, FCC can see all plus record without your ok besides spy's too

no then is 100% secure when talking or texting to other, even E-mails can be recorded for later use in an back up data base some place, you hear it all time in some courtroom were they dig some e-mail a party use even later on it was deleted its is on the internet in some data base
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM

called my credit card company today and there is a $5.85 credit on it. so evidently they decided it was in thier best interest to give me the credit rather than deal with me every day