Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-06-2002, 08:07 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Biggrin C'mon the lads!

Up the argies? Hope Not.
If we at our best .. 2 - 1.

Beckham will score the winner from a dead ball into top right corner at 45 yards in the 92nd minute following a half assed hack from the dude that got him sent off last time.

This is my dream. Come share it with me for the next um... 10 and a half hours!

Old 06-07-2002, 08:57 AM

Argentina -0
England -0

I can't describe the high im on so I won't bother.

Old 06-15-2002, 10:12 PM
NeedAMedic~cto~ is offline NeedAMedic~cto~

That high must be insane after the victory over the Danes today!
Old 06-16-2002, 03:58 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 06-16-2002, 05:35 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile ENGLAND!!!!

HI ALL,

THEY BEAT ARGENTINA!!!! THEY BEAT DENMARK!!!! NOW FOR BRAZIL OR BELGIUM!!!!! WHICH DO YOU PREFER? MOST OF ALL CAN THEY GO ALL THE WAY????? I HOPE SO, OH HOW I HOPE SO!!!!!

LETS HEAR FOR THE LADS OVER THERE........COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

BADDOG
ENGLAND!!!!!
Old 06-16-2002, 06:06 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

id liek to play Brazil - even though they ar ethe best team in the world. if u dont play the best u cannot prove anything. i look forward to the game on friday soooo much. should be a great battle.
Old 06-16-2002, 12:26 PM

Nice to have Beckham healthy isn't it? Guy can really run that team. If I were an England fan (and I am, just a wee bit, although my heart and soul is with the "team" that the US puts on the field), I would want Belgium, but I think that you are going to get Brazil. Either way, will be a great match.

By the way, what the hell is in the water in Senegal? Reminds me of the run that Cameroon made in Mexico (I think it was Mexico).
Old 06-16-2002, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
Brazil - they ar ethe best team in the world.
Even Pele despairs of the Current Brazil team. I dont think they are the best in the world at all. Good pLayers and a real (if entertaining) threat but no way the best at the moment.

Old 06-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

who do u think is best then at the moment? Italy?
Old 06-17-2002, 08:26 PM

Not really sure - Spain looks awful strong...
Old 06-17-2002, 08:46 PM

By the way - do you believe in miracles? The US blanks Mexico 2-nil today? What the hell was that? I am here in the States and played ball as a kid in California against some of the guys on the team and can say that I am proud as heck of those guys, but they have completely outdone themselves. Germany could be a terrible wake-up call, although they have gotten this far...
Old 06-18-2002, 01:36 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Well now we know!!!! BRAZIL on friday!!!! Oh dear God!!!!! This is the acid test for the lads!!!!! Well done to the U.S.A. for beating Mexico!!!! Germany next!!!! I hope you can beat them and we can beat Brazil, imagine if we do it!!!!! England getting nearer to that final!!!!! Arghhhhh lol lol!!!!!! I just heard on the radio that Michael Owen is receiving intensive treatment on a groin injury arghhhhhh lol!!!! Roll on Friday I say and then we shall see!!!!

BADDOG
ENGLAND

Old 06-18-2002, 06:27 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by NeedAMedic~cto~
Not really sure - Spain looks awful strong...
i dont agree, Spain suked azz against Ireland, and they are nothing without Raul ( sp. ). they are good but not the best.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:39 PM

Spain is certainly in much better position to win the cup than Italy, LOL. Ireland is better than most people give them credit for, but I agree that they didn't look awfully convincing against Ireland. If you take that approach, though, I could say that England has had its down moments as well. Based on the current brackets, you can throw conventional wisdom out the window. This has been very entertaining so far, and I hope that the surprises continue!
Old 06-19-2002, 02:32 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

weeeee
i'll go with that.
anything can happen lol

we could win on penalties lolololol

naaaaaaaaaa
Old 06-19-2002, 11:24 PM

Don't get me wrong I don't offer any disrespect to the Brazilians. They have many many fiiine players. When asked if the Brazilians feared Owen and Beckham, there was a pause and an err and a, we have Ronaldo and Junhino etc etc.
Man for Man Brazil probably do have a greater side than any but its the world cup and you have to have more than individual skill.
England have a reasonable midfield, lifted by Beckham and a reasonably solid defence lifted by Ferdinand (mein gott) and despite a shaky start ultimatley not let down by Mills.
Our strikers can be shakey but both Heskey and Owen rested some ghosts in the Denmark match.
We came through the Group of Death by playing better than the Argentinians who were arguable the second best team in the tournament on the day.
3-0 at Denmark does nothing but add to that victory and England finally have what has been missing in the team for some time. The heart and soul to belive in themselves and the legitimacy of their desire to win.
The Brazilians are a great side but I don't belive their team as a whole gels that well and their defence is easily flummoxed. That is why I don't rate them as the best team in the tournament. They have the best players there are. But 11 individuals is not one team.
Spain are playing as a solid team but are fairly lack lustre in showing any heart or really any great skills. Individualy they are generally mediocre but they have geled as a team and that makes them a threat.
If we can manage to use our teams formation and heart and desire on Friday then the Spanish threat will become a non-threat as our boys will finally be exonerated, Svens contraversial appointment will be justified and the St George Cross will become synonomous with great sporting achievement rather than the totem of hooligans.
When that happens there is not a team on the planet that will not wet their pants at the thought of playing against us.

Thats my belief and I am sticking by it.

Old 06-20-2002, 03:17 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile ENGLAND V BRAZIL.

Hi all,

Well in less than 24 hours we will know our fate in the World Cup. I for 1 agree with what zza1pqx has written in this forum and I also beleive that our team can do it against brazil and in fact will do it!!!! As he says it's about belief in themselves and their ability to take on the best and win. It is great to see the Cross of ST George flying with pride in the achievement of our national football team. Tomorrow the nation will hold it's breath, and with good fortune and skilled play we can turn the brazilians over!!!! So I say again C'mon the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BADDOG
ENGLAND

THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD
THOSE WHO ARE BORN ENGLISH....................
AND THOSE WHO WISH THEY WERE!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2002, 04:20 PM
+++COMMIE+++ is offline +++COMMIE+++

Send a message via ICQ to +++COMMIE+++
Cry

I don't care what he says that free kick was a fluke!
Oh well at least we can say to the argies "Up yours Senors!"
Old 06-21-2002, 07:06 PM

Thats right.
Brazil outclassed us on the pitch because they were the best team in the tournament.
I still believe we were the second best and even Brazilians (including Pele) said it should have been the final.
The fact that we came through the hardest group and up against the best side in the world and conceded only 3 goals is testimony to our greatness.
Its heart wrenching to see Seaman apologising for his cock up when in fact it was brief moment of insanity seized upon by a guy who missed his cross.
I have always had a lot of time for the man and I wish there was some way I could take his dissapointment away.
I'll be keeping this george cross siggy for some time yet.
We gunna win the Euro championship and then the next world cup anyhow.