Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:05 AM
tigerman97123 is offline tigerman97123

Send a message via AIM to tigerman97123 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerman97123
How to play a multiplayer LAN game?

I have 2 Delta Force Extreme 2 game CDs. I set one machine to host LAN only. The other PC can't see the LAN game no matter what we do. What is the secrete to playing multiplayer LAN games in Extreme 2? Please help. We tried everything. We even opened up all the ports and put the host in the DMZ. Still doesn't work.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
did you log-in to novaworld before trying to hookup with each other?

for each Pc must have their own keycode install

one instill using one key-code for each Pc only system!

can't use the same key-code for both Pc and same log-in for both ether

basic thing is playing internet or lan play each user must log-in with their own account to play online or lan play with others..

been that way for a very long time now with Novalogic, inc games programs for like 4yrs now if not a bet longer

you basic buy their game and open a account at novaworld2.com using your Key-code, after log-in with to play with other ether lan or the internet.

welcome to NovaHq.net
enjoy your stay here!
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-06-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM
tigerman97123 is offline tigerman97123

Send a message via AIM to tigerman97123 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerman97123
Enumerating session

Yes. I have two Novaworld2 accounts and 2 different CD keys. The host machine has a different NovaWorld account and different CD key. The other computer trying to join the hosted game has a separate NovaWorld2 account and a separate CD key. I still can't join my multiplayer hosted game on my other computer with another computer on the same network. The game is installed and working on both computers. One is the host and one is trying to join the host. The host shows up fine in the Novaworld game list...all I get is "Enumerating Session..."
Old 06-06-2009, 09:45 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
make sure the two computers are on the same network and in the same workgroup - can you see each others computers through my network places?

on the computer hosting, make sure that any firewalls are configured to allow the traffic in to dfx2
Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Fishman is offline Fishman

LAN Game

My friends and I want to play this via LAN and we each have a copy. When I setup the game as serve and play with LAN as the option, neither of them can the game. Can someone please advise how or what we need to do in order for them to see the game? We can see each other on the network but not sure where or how to get a LAN game to be seen.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Chief ADFP

you have to log-in to novaworld before you can play Lan at all.
firewall have to enable dfx2.exe to connect to the internet

don't matter if you play lan offline it still need to connect to log-in to novaworld after you log-in then you can serve or play lan with the game

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-05-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:24 PM

Yes, we log into Nova World via the in-game menu. I setup to host a LAN game but nobody can see it. I guess I am just a little slow this week. Can you provide a little more detail?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Imo, it's easier just to host a game with a password and have your friends join it that way. Novaworld's LAN crap was never any good. I could never get it to work either, so I gave up on it long ago.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Chief ADFP

could be you need to (hosting system) router need to let other welcome in to the port of the game.

sorry don't know details on that maybe others can fill in the blank details on that

i know its the host computer of the game needs to have open ports or something to that fact to let others join in. how to go about it i left blank sorry
Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
could be you need to (hosting system) router need to let other welcome in to the port of the game.

sorry don't know details on that maybe others can fill in the blank details on that

i know its the host computer of the game needs to have open ports or something to that fact to let others join in. how to go about it i left blank sorry
Yes William,

You are right , I found that the host computer has to have a DMZ enabled on the LAN router before the game can be seen anywhere ...... LAN or on the NET.

If you have ADMIN to the router .... then use your IP address to set it as DMZ and it should work. It works for me

Dave
Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 PM

Thank you! I will try this tomorrow night and let you know. I appreciate the help.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
for what its worth, while setting the computer in dmz is the easiest way to do it, you don't have to... I never have.

keep in mind that setting computer up in DMZ opens your computer wide up to possible port scanners/sniffers/etc. 65,000 potential little doors are exposed to the nasty world wide web
Old 08-07-2009, 05:45 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

As long as you have a good firewall, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Wildfire is offline Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman97123 View Post
I have 2 Delta Force Extreme 2 game CDs. I set one machine to host LAN only. The other PC can't see the LAN game no matter what we do. What is the secrete to playing multiplayer LAN games in Extreme 2? Please help. We tried everything. We even opened up all the ports and put the host in the DMZ. Still doesn't work.
Try using LogMeInHamachi. It's a VPN service that enables secure remote access to your network. I never really tried using it but some gamers in the past been using it on BHD. It will work on other games too.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
As long as you have a good firewall, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Then the computer isn't in DMZ - as the firewall is then blocking the traffic.

If you can configure the firewall to just allow certain ports through, then you can configure a router to just allow the specific ports.

All I have ever done for hosting a server is to open up the server port (which I forget for dfx) on the router, forwarding it to my server for the UDP protocol, and maybe that is the problem most have.

All of novalogic's servers need the port on UDP open, maybe you are doing TCP. By setting it to DMZ you are allowing all traffic on both TCP and UDP to reach the computer

For DFX2 only 2 ports need to be opened server side: the server port (UDP), and the RAT port. That is all I have ever opened up for servers in any router I have ever used - though occasionally I do open up the ports for both TCP and UDP

But what ever gets the job done for you all
Old 08-08-2009, 09:21 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icishoot View Post
Then the computer isn't in DMZ - as the firewall is then blocking the traffic.

If you can configure the firewall to just allow certain ports through, then you can configure a router to just allow the specific ports.

All I have ever done for hosting a server is to open up the server port (which I forget for dfx) on the router, forwarding it to my server for the UDP protocol, and maybe that is the problem most have.

All of novalogic's servers need the port on UDP open, maybe you are doing TCP. By setting it to DMZ you are allowing all traffic on both TCP and UDP to reach the computer

For DFX2 only 2 ports need to be opened server side: the server port (UDP), and the RAT port. That is all I have ever opened up for servers in any router I have ever used - though occasionally I do open up the ports for both TCP and UDP

But what ever gets the job done for you all
No, what I mean is set the router to DMZ and have a software firewall installed on the computer.

My software firewall allows my applications to connect to the internet , but blocks unwanted inbound connections. You are right though setting the router to DMZ is easier than going through and opening ports for every single application that requires internet access.

This I copied from the DFX2 game.cfg file:

mpgateserverlocalportmin = "49153"
mpgateserverlocalportmax = "65537"

These should be the ports that you need to open if you decide to go that route.

Last edited by dave61; 08-08-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Added ports to the post
Old 08-08-2009, 02:44 PM

There is your problem - wrong ports.

DFX2 is uses port 32768 UDP, as denoted by the line in the config file:

mpnovaworldportmin = "32768"

Only port any one needs to open up to host the game out of the box.

Only other port that would need to be opened for DFX2 is the RAT port, found/set on by the line remote_admin_port = 0 (0 being remote admin is turned off)
Old 08-08-2009, 07:29 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

You're partly correct, the game ports for DFX2 are the same as JO and DXF.

32768 , 49152 , 64206 .... all are UDP.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:44 PM

I have never opened up the ports 49152, 64206 for JO or DfX, neither did my friend for DFX2 - joined with no problems, players joined my server no problems... ran a dfx server for over a month with steady traffic on just the one port.

But still, even just opening up those 3 ports are better then opening up 65,000 ports lol

In the end, doesn't matter - as long as every one is happy
Old 08-09-2009, 06:35 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

icishoot,

I promise this is the last thing I will say on this ......... LOL , as long as in the end everyones happy and I haven't offended you in anyway (cause I haven't meant to offend anyone)!

But, running the router in DMZ is the same as NOT having a router in the first place ! Imagine all those people who NEVER had a router to begin with and have been on the internet for years , LOL !!! The best defence in ANY situation is to have a good software firewall to backup your defence. On my router, only my computer is exposed to the internet (not my IP address, just my ports). BTW, my kids computer is NOT set to DMZ and has user accounts installed, so they're computer is taken care of and I don't have to worry about my kids' web browsing.

I just found it better for me to enable DZM on my computer, cause it's easier for me. LOL, I have soooooo many internet games it's hard to keep track of all the ports that need to be opened !!! It was just a convience for me to do so.

No hard feelings icishoot !!!!! OK, man ???

Last edited by dave61; 08-09-2009 at 06:51 PM.