Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:39 AM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
RITUAL ENTERTAINMENT TO DEVELOP DELTA FORCE®-BLACK HAWK DOWN™: TEAM SABRE

Expansion to the number 1 best selling PC game to ship in Q1 04

Calabasas, Ca (September 12th 2003) – Entertainment software developer and publisher NovaLogic, Inc. is pleased to announce that the first expansion pack for the number one selling PC title Delta Force - Black Hawk Down is currently under development at Dallas-based Ritual Entertainment.

"When NovaLogic approached us to develop the Team Sabre expansion pack for their number one selling PC title Delta Force - Black Hawk Down, we were delighted, and eagerly accepted as we are all big fans of the title,” commented Ritual Entertainment’s Richard ‘Levelord’™ Gray. “In Team Sabre we intend to deliver the same gripping action and intensity of Delta Force – Black Hawk Down in two potential near-future arenas: the jungles of Columbia and the oil-rich coast of Iran."

As well as10 new single player missions over 2 campaign scenarios and 30 new Multiplayer maps Delta Force – Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre will also feature select new weapons and vehicles for Delta Force to utilize.

Delta Force – Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre will ship during Q1 2004 on PC CD ROM.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:33 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

A very interesting article lil dude!

Regards
Old 09-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Panic is offline Panic

yes very cool
Old 09-14-2003, 09:18 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Wink

Sweet, g1 lil_dude
Old 09-15-2003, 08:59 PM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
lol y u thankin me? i didnt do ne thing but post it
Old 09-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Wink

LOL, its good artical,
Old 09-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Einstein
Unregistered

Hehe, so let me get this straight...
Novalogic produces a game, with an engine they developed themselves (BHD). Then after a while they let an outside company create an expansion pack based on the same engine.
Now i get this weird deja vu feeling (maybe Panther changed something in the code of this site...* lol)

Hopefully Team Sabre will do the deltaforce series more good then that other expansion thinghy for DFLW called TFD (sorry for me cursing on this site...).
No actually i'm convinced it should be alot better . No creation can be as terrible as that TFD thing.

* (Matrix joke.... never mind. :P )
Old 09-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Matthew
Unregistered

Wierd. Why outsource a 3rd party to develop an expansion pack for a product that was created by themselves? Did a few key programers leave Novalogic? There is more to this story than what they are telling. BHD has an unfinished feel to it I think. Hopefully this expansion pack will "compete" the game.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:21 AM
*PR*Admin
Unregistered

we love BHD but

if it was really the number 1 selling article of Novalogic why they do not patch it anymore?

for example the terrain "cine" and a couple of other bugs

isn`t that a normal duty ? Or is it true that programmers left NL and they have no time..? I do not understand this
Old 09-20-2003, 06:42 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

it might be cheaper, if NL outsource work they can better specify what they want and not accept anything less which if they are playing Ritual a flat rate for the contract is good for NL, on the flip-side if they pay their own programmers by the hour, to get something right, while it may take the same time as ritual will be more expensive.

if their programmers became attached to thier work in BHD they may be reluctant to change and or modify it, this happened to a friend of mine with his own program lol

Also if i know my NL news, Team Sabre has been planned for some time, then NL announced Joint Ops and Team Sabre was pushed back. I think that NL may have outsourced Team Sabre so the programmers can work on JO....